DVDVR Message Board

YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A HOSER

Dolfan in NYC

53 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

It's almost as if Bettman's entire job is doing whatever the owners want him to say or do. Don't waste time attacking the puppet, go after the ones pulling the strings.

53 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

To be fair, that’s all the commissioners, not just The Count.

Yup, the last real commissioner in pro sports was Fay Vincent.

I think my favourite part of Bettman's presser was the part that the NHL has opened up an anonymous hotline to report abuse and that they've recieved several calls and they're investigating them.

My dude, we had multiple people outed in a cover up of sexual assault less than 4 months ago and not a single person has been kicked out of the league. I wouldn't call that number if it was the last phone number on earth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Goodness gracious.... and I cannot stress this enough....  YIKES.

Doing this from their main accounts and not from a burner or whatever, meant the Twitteratti found pretty much all of them within minutes of her post.   

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Goodness gracious.... and I cannot stress this enough....  YIKES.

Doing this from their main accounts and not from a burner or whatever, meant the Twitteratti found pretty much all of them within minutes of her post.   

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's a sexually exploitative relationship, which a 17 year old cannot consent to. And paying for sex with anyone under the age of 18 is considered child prostitution, regardless of the age of consent law

Also, I now feel like a gross libertarian for talking about age of consent

e: and like 8 hours later, we are in the right thread

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I really don't want to keep harping on this gross topic, but, like, the Oilers are kinda gross and there's no real way to avoid seeing that. Vrtanen is a mediocre KHL player at this point that shouldn't even be in the top 100 PTO options, the only reason to even bring him in is to be an ass at this point.

Honestly unsure how much attention I'll be paying to the NHL this year. I went to a bunch of Junior A games in Vegreville last year and had way more fun than I've had following this dumpster fire of an NHL team for years so I might just stick to that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

I really don't want to keep harping on this gross topic, but, like, the Oilers are kinda gross and there's no real way to avoid seeing that. Vrtanen is a mediocre KHL player at this point that shouldn't even be in the top 100 PTO options, the only reason to even bring him in is to be an ass at this point.

Honestly unsure how much attention I'll be paying to the NHL this year. I went to a bunch of Junior A games in Vegreville last year and had way more fun than I've had following this dumpster fire of an NHL team for years so I might just stick to that.

Are the Oil Kings an option as well?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh, I forgot to mention, Andrew Brunette was arrested last week for DUI.   What was he driving?  

A golf cart.  

(When I mention the arrest happened in Boca Raton, it makes a little more sense.)