DVDVR Message Board

YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A HOSER

Dolfan in NYC

If he had just generalized his comment and didn't target immigrants he would've been fine. But he didn't. Shed a tear for him. One of my best friends is a hardcore Cherry fan and even he thought Cherry was way out of line and not surprised by his release.

Then Don doubled down but this time didn't specifically target any groups.

edit: Here's what he said after his firing:

"I know what I said and I meant it. Everybody in Canada should wear a poppy to honour our fallen soldiers. I speak the truth and I walk the walk. I have visited the bases of the troops, been to Afghanistan with our brave soldiers at Christmas, been to cemeteries of our fallen around the world and honoured our fallen troops on Coach's Corner."

Edited by Oyaji

Remember when he owned an OHL team and would not allow them to draft any European players?

He should have been gone years ago. Literally any one of us who posts in this forum has a better grasp on modern hockey than he does, with less than half the racism and xenophobia.

• Like 1

Yeah, he'll certainly be unemployed for however long he wants to remain so. Some media source from the Prairies will line him up a sweetheart deal when he's ready. He can be the new President of the Confederation of the Prairies!

Just now, Oyaji said:

Yeah, he'll certainly be unemployed for however long he wants to remain so. Some media source from the Prairies will line him up a sweetheart deal when he's ready. He can be the new President of the Confederation of the Prairies!

Woo! Very eager to join the small, exclusive club of landlocked separatist nations! We'll be in good company among heavy hitters like *checks notes* Kosovo and South Sudan...

I'm just going to sit back and laugh knowing that his replacement is all but surely going to be a guy directly implicated in an incident/staged assault that was roughly the NHL version of the Mass Transit incident (the most sleazy and disgusting thing imaginable).

30 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Remember when he owned an OHL team and would not allow them to draft any European players?

He should have been gone years ago. Literally any one of us who posts in this forum has a better grasp on modern hockey than he does, with less than half the racism and xenophobia.

And won 16 out of 204 games in their first 3 years

• Haha 4

Time for Donald S to update this.

Immigrants don't wear poppies when they don't you call them sloppy.  Let's gooooooooo Let's goooo

They just want our milk and honey but they don't spend no money.  Let's gooooooooo

I'm still trying to figure out the milk and honey part of his rant.  It used to be just annoying that he was the highest paid guy at the CBC.  I figured when Rogers got the hockey contract they would've put him out to pasture.  Obviously they though he still had his 80's 90's following.

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, sabremike said:

I'm just going to sit back and laugh knowing that his replacement is all but surely going to be a guy directly implicated in an incident/staged assault that was roughly the NHL version of the Mass Transit incident (the most sleazy and disgusting thing imaginable).

Help me out here - who and what are you talking about? 

39 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Burke was Vancouver's GM when that happened. 

IIRC the case was settled out of court (although in that version Burke was not named a defendant). You can probably figure out why Bertuzzi and (more importantly) the Canucks didn't want a trial. Looked up Wiki and the details actually make Burke look even more shitty than I remembered:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Moore_(ice_hockey)