DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

29 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Guess I'll be starting over online for the third time.

Make room for the level one pea-shooter!

So, you went PC? If so...

Enjoy being ranked up involuntarily into the thousands and back, money given, taken away, involuntarily thrown in Bad Sport, losing guns, properties, thrown into missions you didn’t even click on and being stuck in a cage. Oh, and getting booted offline. 

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

So, you went PC? If so...

Enjoy being ranked up involuntarily into the thousands and back, money given, taken away, involuntarily thrown in Bad Sport, losing guns, properties, thrown into missions you didn’t even click on and being stuck in a cage. Oh, and getting booted offline. 

No, PS4.

Got on for a few minutes last night just to sell one of my X80 bonds and check out my weapons research, since I still have like 8 or 9 more unlocks to go.  While I was doing that, the little messages on the left hand side of the screen kept showing some guy named Sniper something killing everybody on the map. 

Got done with my checking my stock and went back to the city for a couple minutes.  Some bounty guy got too close to me just east of the mall and got taken out.  Another dot rolled up right behind him and met the same fate.  Turned out it was Sniper.  Since I was out in a pretty open area, I hunkered down and waited for the usual dancing repeating sniper bullshit.  Didn't happen.  He spawned, wandered around for a minute, and walked right into a Mary Lou.  When he ran away, I noticed he was like a level 45.  I really wanted to stick around and see how bad the rest of the room was if that guy was whipping ass, but I was too wiped out for that.

• Like 1

Got on for a bit last night.  Folks kept spamming Stand Your Ground - three of em back to back.  I can never resist those. 

Second one was ridiculous.  It was the spot south of the movie theater.  Defenders had seven guys.  Two of em were on a high roof, one was running around in a Batmobile, and the rest were wandering on foot.  Only one other guy bothered to get close, and he kept going after me instead of the defenders.  Didn't work out for him very well.  Either I'd kill him, or he'd the defenders would get him while he was targeting me.  Dumbass.  Roof snipers got me once before I found em.  Then they got shot off their roof.  Batmobile got shot to shit.  Rest of em didn't have as many Mary Lous as I did.  I died a bunch, of course, and never got near the zone, but they died a whole bunch more than I did.

Only other thing of note was taking out what I believe were my first two airborne DeLoreans.  Second one was fun because the guy came back in the thing again, got shot to shit, and ran away with his tail between his legs.  

• Haha 1

If you haven't seen, as the end of their 4th of July stuff, if you go online now and sell your warehouse/biker/vehicle/etc. contraband you get double cash & XP.

I made about $4-5 million from selling all of my crap.   And judging from the fact that it took me 4 vehicles to distribute everything and I was in a room with about 10 other CEO's, it looks like everyone is cashing out their stuff now.  

Can't say I blame them. 

Last night's bond sale was interesting.  Somebody was running a Stand Your Ground.  It ended before I could get down there, but I still made the trip.  Killed everybody who was still in the area.  A CEO and a white dot got a bit grumpy about that, so I had to kill both of em a few more times.  CEO eventually took off, leaving me to wipe the floor with poor white dot.

Then somebody started another Stand Your Ground right down the road.  White dot and I were the only ones around, and white dot was only a danger to himself, so that left me to take on the MC group.  One of em left after I shot him off a high roof, but the other two could go.  The leader probably finished up on me, both of em were fond of the Mary Lou, and they had a pretty clever trick going with a semi-hidden Batmobile.

I was getting frustrated about halfway through, getting one or two kills before dying every time, when CEO guy showed back up, providing an easy target.  Then half a dozen more dots rolled up, along with 2 DeLoreans.  Target rich environment - good stuff.  Blew up one DeLorean, and emptied the other of its occupants.  I didn't know those things would stay floating if nobody was in em.  Figured out I don't remember the DeLorean controls real quick, but I did manage to Allah Akbar somebody with it.  End Result - maybe 30 minutes spent, about 50 kills.  Not a bad night

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Gamestop is selling GTA V for $20 bucks right now as part of their summer sale

I never switched over my account, so this news does me no good.  I'm not going through the horror of a 100% Completion Run in Campaign Mode again.

I will see you dudes when we are robbing stagecoaches and rustling cattle.

48 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I never switched over my account, so this news does me no good.  I'm not going through the horror of a 100% Completion Run in Campaign Mode again.

I will see you dudes when we are robbing stagecoaches and rustling cattle.

Assuming the release date holds, that's abut the time melraz and I get out of our respective work related hells.  First Red Dead online night might well be a 3 beer night for both of us.

JT and I were talking last night and I realized that I shouldn't really bother getting anything new because between the Destiny 2 DLC and RDR 2 I wont need any other games till the end of 2019

And with the sheer number of people playing RDR 2 will mean its a game I can't wait till Christmas to get

Jesus...I think I made a mistake and got this on the PC because I doubt I ever fire up my 360 again. Since I already played through most of the story, I jumped right into online and died. Then died again. And again. And again. Meanwhile, my in game phone was blowing the fuck up talking about one mission after another.

It's been so long since I've played online that I have no idea what the hell online even is. This is so wildly different than what I played on the 360. Is there a getting started guide for what I should be doing?

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

Assuming the release date holds, that's abut the time melraz and I get out of our respective work related hells.  First Red Dead online night might well be a 3 beer night for both of us.

I, as a 36 year old man, probably shouldn't admit to this, but I will probably take a couple of vacation days for that.

That is, unless it's like the shit show that GTAO was for the first few days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUkered said:

I, as a 36 year old man, probably shouldn't admit to this, but I will probably take a couple of vacation days for that.

That is, unless it's like the shit show that GTAO was for the first few days. 

You know it's gonna be broke as all hell.  I just hope it's broken in entertaining ways instead of can't join a session ways.  With any luck we'll have UFOs spawning.  Or even better, the giant turbines from GTA.

This game is so freaking weird now. I think I finally figured some stuff out, but I feel like I'm missing something. A couple YouTube videos I saw said to use your first $50k to register as a temporary VIP to run a few different types of jobs. From what I can tell though, I'm always a VIP? I don't get it. The videos I watched said it only lasts for 4 hours, but I can do the VIP jobs whenever I want.

The jobs recommended were Headhunter, Sightseeing, and something else. Are there other job types you guys would recommend? Also, is there a better way to maintain my supply of ammo other than always finding a gun store to restock ammo?

11 hours ago, Craig H said:

This game is so freaking weird now. I think I finally figured some stuff out, but I feel like I'm missing something. A couple YouTube videos I saw said to use your first $50k to register as a temporary VIP to run a few different types of jobs. From what I can tell though, I'm always a VIP? I don't get it. The videos I watched said it only lasts for 4 hours, but I can do the VIP jobs whenever I want.

The jobs recommended were Headhunter, Sightseeing, and something else. Are there other job types you guys would recommend? Also, is there a better way to maintain my supply of ammo other than always finding a gun store to restock ammo?

Headhunter and Fortified are the easiest and pay the best if you wanna do stuff like that. The priority one (I can’t remember the name) pays decent, if I remember correctly. I never do them, but found the easiest one to be the Altruist Camp one. Get a Buzzard and fly up there. In Fortified, get in the van, and when the timer starts, get out, go away and call your CEO buzzard in to shoot the enemies. Then as the time ticks down, get back in. You can do these in an invite lobby, btw. 

You can restock ammo using the inventory menu. You don’t need to go to the store, unless you need armor. 

Good luck on PC, btw. That place is a shitshow.