DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

So I'm levelling up my second character, and I'm making decent progress towards getting all my unlocks back (it's nice to drop into deathmatch lobbies and not get kicked for being high level... well, it was. Up to 91 now, so...), only there's a snag. There's one tattoo you get for attacking 25 Armoured Trucks. Armoured Trucks never spawn any more. Am I to have a blank pectoral?

Also found myself in a Franklin's House deathmatch with a cheater. He could shoot through the floor from downstairs, and was somehow able to use about 100 Sticky Bombs, even though you can't carry anything like that many.

I've now decided that forced weapon deathmatches are actually the best ones. Too many rocket spammers... and since anyone can buy a Homing Launcher, anyone can be a rocket spammer. Deathmatches should be won by the person who has the best Deathmatch skill, not by the person who's willing to buy kills he couldn't work for. Someone called Mercenaries on me during a Deathmatch last week. I didn't know that was even possible. I didn't know anyone playing GTA would be enough of a bitch to think to try it either.

5 hours ago, AxB said:

I've now decided that forced weapon deathmatches are actually the best ones. Too many rocket spammers... and since anyone can buy a Homing Launcher, anyone can be a rocket spammer. Deathmatches should be won by the person who has the best Deathmatch skill, not by the person who's willing to buy kills he couldn't work for. Someone called Mercenaries on me during a Deathmatch last week. I didn't know that was even possible. I didn't know anyone playing GTA would be enough of a bitch to think to try it either.

I'd agree with you except that forced weapons deathmatches always seem to end up being won by the person that has memorized the map and knows where the good weapon pickups are.  Also, I hate pistols.

I know we had mercs make an appearance in a crew deathmatch once.  Course, we didn't take those completely seriously.  Never seen it with randoms before.

• Like 1

His Mary Lou could not easily avoid clouds of buckshot.  It was the only deathmatch weapon stipulation that gave me a decent shot at winning.

I got good enough with pistols that he would cheat or at least not entirely embrace the deathmatch spirit and he would wear a motorcycle helmet to protect from headshots.

• Like 1

I was a motorcycle helmet early adopter, because I figured if the game was gonna give you an advantage, why not take it? Lotta butthurt about that when the bulletproof helmets came out, but I just saw that as another advantage the game gave you that you'd be unwise not to take. I think most of the people didn't like the way it messed with their character's look.

Now there's some sort of bug that causes the bulletproof helmet to disappear randomly no matter what you try to do to keep it on, so I just go without it and let the mullet fly, baby!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jstout said:

Now there's some sort of bug that causes the bulletproof helmet to disappear randomly no matter what you try to do to keep it on, so I just go without it and let the mullet fly, baby!

Yeah, I noticed that.  At least it's given me an excuse to flaunt my lovely purple ponytail.

I always wanted to be like melraz and rock the cowboy hat.  I just couldn't do it since I had shot too many people who thought they were in cover while wearing those things.

• Like 2

Fun story from last night.  Three guys in the same organization were on top of the mall, laying waste to anything that moved in their range. After getting killed like 5 times, I finally got about 4 blocks away to the NW, took out the old Heavy Sniper just to take a look at the roof. The CEO was clearly sniping from around the middle of the roof, and not looking at me, so just for giggles, I took him out. 

Oh boy, did he not like that.  He came after me and eventually whipping my ass with the Hydra.  He got me like 5-10 more times before I got the hell out of Dodge.   Still proud of that shot. :)

• Like 2

Three guys from a group had laid siege to the pay and spray in the middle of town in a game I was in yesterday. I didn't have near enough backup to fool with them, so I cut them a wide berth.

How I hate that damn Hydra.

I spent most of the afternoon playing missions with this guy who is always on playing missions. I've done missions with him on several other occasions. I think that's all he does. It's so refreshing to see an actual mission invite pop up in the middle of the constant invites to do heists. And he even got out of his Kuruma to snipe the guys in Titan of a Job instead of driving up into the hangar. We just stood there picking off everyone in sight. Had a pretty good unit of four going when I had to bail.

• Like 1

I love it when I come into this thread with everyone randomly talking about me with disdain. It's how I know you guys really care. 

And Pistol Deathmatches were always incredibly simple. Nothing but headshots matter. Don't even bother taking the shot without lining up the headshot first. Stealth is your friend. If you aren't showing up on radar, they will be dead before they know you are there.

• Like 6

God - I really need to go back in this thread to remind myself if it was Dan or Fresh who "accidentally" dropped a grenade in the Ammunation one day when where in free mode because ya know there wasn't enough chaos without the cops showing up 

• Like 2

I have disdain because I wasn't smart enough to think of wearing a motorcycle helmet first and stubborn enough to try to win without wearing one.  I am Jack's Ad Hominem.

I swear to God that Melraz's cowboy hat was like Samson's hair.  I never won a straight up gunfight against him.  I usually had to get lucky and finish him off while he was in the process of killing someone else.

Our crew came up with a couple of really good deathmach maps.  I always liked Mark's Golf Course of Doom map and Melraz's cowboys desert gunfight map that opens with both teams in a Mexican standoff was the tits.

I still remember the magical deathmatch when everyone knew how to combat roll and the winner was the guy who was able to tumble the closest and get his pistol whip or elbow of death off the quickest..

As for the original point, the awesomeness of forced weapon death matches depends on the weapon.  I am disgustingly patient but the player made sniper rifle deathmatches which have me quietly waiting behind a rock for five minutes at a time can eat a bag of dicks.

• Like 2

Yeah, I still remember the one match we did in that damn canyon.  10 minutes, and I saw a total of one person - and that was a teammate.

Somewhere along the line I realized that I am the dirt worst when it comes to any type of vehicle DM, especially if choppers are involved.  Those always end with level 20s beating the crap out of me while I just sit there in a kind of numbed silence.

6 days till work release, and it looks like something's trying to send me a message that it's time to jump back into freemode.  Got in my truck yesterday to drive home from work, turned on the radio, and the first words I heard were "Regulators, mount up".  Got in this morning to take my son to daycare, and damned if they weren't playing the same thing.  Fortunately his momma wasn't in the truck with us, so we got to listen to Nate Dogg in peace.  She's got these weird ideas about what constitutes appropriate music for a toddler.

• Like 2

I've been unbeatable in Vehicle Deathmatches lately. Because I've not been doing any Tank ones, and low levellers who haven't really flown a Buzzard or Hydra accept the invite and then don't know what they're doing. Made a bunch of progress in Deathmatch quest 2.0 because I ran into someone who was convinced that if we just found the right map, he'd be able to beat me. Just the two of us, but they were always set as Team DMs, until we did Boatyard which was normal, and we could see each other's win-loss records. He was 0-12. I was 442-403 (across both characters).

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

I still stand by when Robert gets back, we need to get a group back together to do Heist stuff. 

I'm down if we can get enough people.  Especially for the final bank robbery quest.  Y'all ought to see me on those motorcycles.  I never crash those things.

• Like 1