DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Had a hell of a lot of fun playing with the crew again.

I felt like a complete dumbass when we were trying to get the party to work on the one.  I mean, I've got two electrical engineering degrees, and I can't even figure out a fucking xbox?  My son needs to grow up quick, so he can explain technology to his dad.  There was an upside to it, at least.  I went into passive when I was trying to figure the party out, and came back to find my female character being humped by some white dot.  I came out of passive and fed him my shotgun.  I found RUkered a couple minutes later and he was suffering the same indignity - from the same dot.  I killed him again, and then we killed him a shitload more times till he left.

The guy in the jump jet was funny.  He'd get in something really conspicuous that shows up on the map, like a buzzard or jet, then go off radar and try to sneak up on us.  All we had to do was look up, then shoot down whatever flew our way.  He did have us flummoxed once though.  RUkered and Stout had him cornered on the beach near Zancudo, so he went out into the ocean.  I grabbed a jetski and went after him.  Never could find him, even though I was right on top of him.  Figured he was using rebreathers, but we finally figured out he was in a damned submarine.  I tried depth charging him with stickies, but never did have any luck.  

Other stuff:

-We had no idea Stout was even in the room till I was eyeing a dot in my sniper scope and saw Stout closing in on him

- Buses make REALLY big explosions when you allah akbar somebody in em.  They will also block the entire road 

• Like 1

Submarine guy wins major points for escape efforts. Stout is a GTA ninja. I was on doing objectives and had a kid do Top Fun with me. He picked a Capture on the voting screen, so I figured he needed it for an objective and helped him out. I sent an invite out just for the hell of it, and Stout appeared. It was a Besra delivering capture, so we all managed to crash nearly every one we got in.

After Stout left, I accepted a heist invite. It was the Humane Labs EMP one where you steal the Hydra. (I forgot there are more songs on the radio stations in this version...this will come into play in a second.) Three of us are in jets dogfighting the attacking jets, and if I'm lying, I'm dying - Danger Zone came on. I'm still laughing about it. Sometimes this game just works...

• Like 2

Our brief time in Freemode today was complicated by that damn marksman rifle. It figures that we really scrap with two people the whole time and both were fairly decent. If I wanted competition, I'd take up bowling. The lesser of the two was this chick, dude, I dunno, who was the king and/or queen of the Mary Lou - you know that line where you do it so much it's probably hurting more than helping? This person crossed it a couple of times.

• Like 1

Shit, forgot to mention RUkered's sniping. It was like watching melraz on one of those nights where he's destroying everything in sight. Sniping guys that are fleeing in cars several blocks away? Sure, why not.

I'm just glad someone was finally around to see it. Every other time I'm by myself and I come on here like "Nuh uh guys....I totally swear I don't play like a drunken toddler all the time. I was totally sniping more much gooder than normal." The problem is I'll do that for a few minutes, and then it all goes to hell. I don't know how you and Melraz do it so consistently.

Our brief time in Freemode today was complicated by that damn marksman rifle. It figures that we really scrap with two people the whole time and both were fairly decent. If I wanted competition, I'd take up bowling. The lesser of the two was this chick, dude, I dunno, who was the king and/or queen of the Mary Lou - you know that line where you do it so much it's probably hurting more than helping? This person crossed it a couple of times.

If I could nuke that stupid rifle from the game, I'd personally send Rockstar money to do it. Every encounter with it goes like this:

Me - Lines up heavy sniper shot

Them - Pegs me twice with the pea shooter

Me - Strafes left and right while shooting the wall on either side of their head

Them - Pegs me two more times, killing me

After you got off, I finished my objectives and then got kicked for idling. (Yes, I was BA-DING'ing) Is it just me or does that happen more often on the One? I've never had it happen on the 360, but in three or whatever days on the One, I've been kicked for idling at least three times.

Anyway, I get into a room and two dots are near me. I shoot them, and then check their levels. 90-something and 200-something...and they're in a crew together. Great - I have kicked yet another hornet's nest. I got in a car and took off. I expanded the mini-map and see a white dot with the number 2 on it heading toward me. I just happened to be beside a bus, so in the honor of Robert, I threw a sticky on it, got in, and went off radar. I waited on Dumb & Dumber to come screaming around the corner and blew the sticky when they were beside of me. Took out them, their personal motorcycle, and half the city block. You weren't kidding about the explosion on those things, Robert.

They ended up getting me a couple of times due to shitty spawns, and then I got separated from them just enough to get into cover. They were at the construction site, and my rare sniping skill decided to make a run-in. I got them both going up a ladder. We traded shots here and there and stayed pretty much even - they may have ended up one on me by the end. I kept my patience and just kept my scope trained on where I thought they were. Finally, I saw them both. Took them out one after the other and then decided to haul ass out of that room while the getting was good.

Edit: Forgot my favorite part. One guy was using the marksman rifle for a while, so I decided to try and give him a taste of his own medicine. Both dots were on the ground, around a corner, and I was waiting on them. The one closest to me went off radar, and I'm thinking, "Really dude? Do you really think that's how this works?" Sure enough, he steps out and I busted his ass with the marksman. That one felt good.

• Like 2

I like to put insurance on a baller. Take it to los santos customs put an ignition bomb in the key slot park it in the parking lot and go to whoopin the shit out of dots. It works 4 out of 10 times but i dont do it enough.

So I discovered what may be a massive issue.   I've been doing daily objectives for 15 days straight.  Last Monday, after I'd did all my objectives the previous week, I looked and the counter on the Awards section was at 0.  I thought it was a mistake, maybe I missed something on Sunday, but this week, I went in and checked every day after I'd finished.  1, 2, 3... after I'd got my $100k & 15k RP on Sunday, I checked, it was at 7.  

Did my objectives on Monday, and it was back at 1.  

WTF.  

I got on yesterday, and as Stout likes to say, luck was on my side and I got to be the hammer. If you ever see these two guys in a room...

20150831_203738_resized_zpsu2hmrg6u.jpg

...don't touch that dial, because you're about to have the most fun you've ever had playing this game solo.

I was checking my objectives when I got splattered by a Zentorno. I was going to just leave it alone and focus on my objectives, but when I checked to see who killed me and saw TommyHellRaiser with a crew tag of H8TR, I couldn't just let that shit slide. I must be getting a bit cocky due to my recent string of not playing like total shit, because I actually said, out loud, "You don't know what you just did, son."

Everything I tried worked. Granted, they're not that high leveled, but I was handling my business against both of them at the same time. I only finished up on them by one or two kills, so it wasn't a Melraz/Robert total domination fest, but I damn sure gave them hell. The sniper was just singing for me all day. I'd get them one right after the other - stepping out around corners, running across the street, head poking up out of cover - it didn't matter. If the sumbitching police weren't constantly wearing my ass out, I think I would have done even better.

I gave them a taste of some sticky bomb/proximity mine traps when needed too, and when they tried rolling up in that Zentorno, the rocket was crammethed up their asseseth.

I shot them both one last time and then took off to Ammunation to resupply, and they didn't bother following me. That made me laugh. I like to think they were like Riggs and Murtaugh fighting Jet Li at the end of Lethal Weapon 4. "You want to go ask him? Come on man, he ain't worth it. I'm about to retire, and you're about to have a grandkid. He ain't worth it, Riggs."

• Like 5

Felt good to chaffeur the mayor around town last night.  It seems he encountered some ruffians who disagreed with this tax plans, so it was up to Burke and myself to provide Community Outreach.  

With Sticky Bombs and Sniper Rifles.  

Also, all of Nate's Jamaica stories were awesome.   

• Like 3

Holy shit, i missed the city of crime very much. There were some young punks tryin to play last night. I told em i was playin gta while their mommas was wippin their lil asses and puttin desitin on their diaper rash. It was 5 on one when burke joined and made ot 5 on 2. Burke said im on my was, watch the screen i reply. Fire an rpg at a truck load of idiots. 1 shot 4 kills. It didnt go much better for them the rest of the night. Later in the night i saw a green dotted insergent pull up. When did you go get that burke? It isnt me! He said. I look and its ROAST. i cant remember much after that due to unknown circumstances. Would love to play tonight but my ass is goin to the motel.

• Like 4

Oh and robert i will make a call or 2 and see if i cant at least get the trains to start blowin the horn at crossings and when they get close to gunfire. Ah hell just a constant blast of the horn under that guideline.

• Like 2

Not much to say about last night except damn that marksman rifle, but a word of warning to future dots: Do not get in the way of two psychos coming at you in an armored police van with a five-star wanted level and about 2,000 cops behind them. They're feeling more than a bit determined to kill you.

• Like 2

Poor Giggles.  

There sure were a bunch of marksman rifles in that game.  At least only two of em finished up on me, and even then it was only 1-2 kills.

That poor guy that challenged me to a 1:1 at the end got royally screwed.  He kept spawning right across the street for me, and getting killed before he could even move.  It probably didn't make much difference though.  I finished up 35-1 on him, and I let him have the one.

• Like 1

Sounds like I should have skipped bed and stayed on a little longer, because damn did the universe ever balance out the fact that I had a few good days of sniping.

Leslie Chow was a rolling death storm. Might be the toughest guy I've faced. One of the few times I killed him, his health was low already and he still almost got me. Fargin sneaky bastage.

It was funny because Stout and I were having a tough time and then Robert joined. We were both like "awwww shit, y'all have had it now!"

I also need to check my settings because I never know when anyone signs on or starts playing until I see them on the map.

Oh yeah Stout, I don't know if this was the issue or not, but I read online that low batteries can cause issues with a party, and mine were. I swapped them while you were rebooting, so I'm not sure which one fixed the issue.

• Like 1

There's a setting where you can show who's getting online. It, as far as I can tell, doesn't say "so and so is playing GTA V" like the 360 did, or if it does, I dunno how to set it up.

Shammgod was so late into the night, I think both me and Robert were falling asleep at the switch, yet just had to torture the dude out of general principle. When he left, we were both like "well, time to go."

Your archenemy resets when you make the move from 360 to the One. My archenemy changed twice over the course of the night - that's how thorough my beating was. And it was funny - Leslie Chow was a 200-something. I managed to keep around even with him, while he whooped RUkered. He had a buddy who was a 50-something who RUkered handled pretty well and who was up on me about 8-1 at one point.

See how GTA online is set before the events of GTA 5 story mode? I'm playing through story mode again because why not, and I just got to where Michael and Lester plan the jewellery store job. Michaels asks Lester if he knows anyone who can be on a heist crew, and Lester says "Well, I've been working with one person, but forget it, too unpredictable." And we are all that one person!

Also, I had thought Paige was a new character for the heist update, but when I got to choosing a hacker, there she was as an option. Her last name is Harris, if you cared.

• Like 1