DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Yeah - Chris was the master last night of waiting out the first major crash and then coasting to victory.

I don't know if it's actually helping or if I've just finally figured out what the hell I'm doing, but I feel like once I unlocked the Sports suspension at level 56 my driving has improved a ton.  I'm able to take turns now that I always used to try and either spin out or crash.  Now that I've seen there's nothing in the update I really need to spend huge money on, it's time to start modding all my classes and possibly buy a Super with the 900k I've accumulated in the bank.

I went on this morning intending to play, started the update and promptly fell asleep on the couch for two hours.  It's my own fault for not brewing coffee before starting the process.

Now that I have a lot of modded vehicles, I realize how much of a sacrifice this was and appreciate the months of giving me a chance. 

Going back and racing stock vehicles feels like a combination of driving in mud while trying to turn on ice.

We don't race customs with guys who don't own them and we don't use owned weapons in deathmatches with guys who don't at least have the assault rifle unlocked.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if anyone who plays regularly is lower than me, but I'm up to 67 as of yesterday.

I've now made it my goal to catch Phil by the time he gets to 100.

What is the rank now of the lowest-ranked Crew Member?

Of the regular crew, I think Hoven Maven aka Andrew is the lowest rank guy.

The "I Hate Mental State" threads at GTA Forums really are the best.

I have my issues with the feature (all it does is put a bullseye on the back of the best PVPer) but the "I killed nine NPC policemen.  How does that make me a psycho?" quotes are hysterical.

Speaking of which, there is a new bug in Forced + Pickup Deathmaches where you could lose a random firearm if you pick up a weapon in the same slot. 

In other words, if the forced weapon is Pistols and you pick up an SMG, you could lose the Combat MG you had in the same spot.

People have reporting having their Guseberg Sweepers drop out of their inventory.... which is not cool since the Valentine's Day content is locked and they can't currently buy the weapon back from Ammunation.

This does not mean you get out of deathmatches, Mark.  It just means we don't do any if Andrew is online and the level playing field is being enforced.

I was just saying a break from them was good. It may be related to the apparent rise in civility of the crew while racing, including letting people pass.

For a while, it seemed like the only slipstreaming i was getting was around corners, which is not prudent.

I was pleased though the number of times i killed Dan while was playing spoiler on the race track gta. It seems like we may have confirmed you cannot kill a player outside his vehicle using the rockets.

Is it wrong that I'm hoping I get hit by that lose a weapon bug, so I can lose the damn Gusenberg Sweeper?  I've been trying to drop that thing for months.

And I already know I'll be actively trying to get the psychotic mental state in freemode.  If it makes people come after me, all the better.

• Like 1

I was just saying a break from them was good. It may be related to the apparent rise in civility of the crew while racing, including letting people pass.

For a while, it seemed like the only slipstreaming i was getting was around corners, which is not prudent.

I was pleased though the number of times i killed Dan while was playing spoiler on the race track gta. It seems like we may have confirmed you cannot kill a player outside his vehicle using the rockets.

I'm pretty sure somebody succeeded in killing a person on foot with rockets in LS Forum a while back.  Could be wrong though.  The first time I tried to get Dan last night, the damn rockets flew right past him, on on either side.

I think the one time I got him was because I blew up his car and he was caught in the explosion but I dont think I ever scored a direct hit.

Yea I just started aiming for the ever growing pile of cars that was stacking up near him each time I went around the track and, judging by the reactions from the chat, they would take out at least a couple people most times.

-Players will no longer receive reminder phone calls for player abilities once they have used that ability. (Which should mean no more nagging phone calls from Simeon, etc., while playing the game)

Hallejfuckinglujah.

-A new option has been added for players to avoid non-weapon / melee Deathmatches. (I IMMEDIATELY thought of Robert when reading this one).

DOUBLE HALLEJFUCKINGLUJAH. KISS MY ASS, PRISON THUGZ! NEVER AGAIN!

Mis and I just tried to do one of the new missions (on hard, crazily enough) and it was IM-FREAKIN-POSSIBLE. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but holy hell, it's gonna be tremendously difficult.

It's called Crime Scenester. Supposedly the payout is hella weak, too. It is not for the faint of heart, at least on hard.

My dot will probably never not be ruby-red starting about 5 minutes after I get home. Good side for me is that if you're approaching me without a green and/or blue ring around your dot, I'm going to be attempting to kill you anyway...so really nothing's changed.