DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL PRE-SEASON THREAD

Gonzo

QB Browns got no love, mostly cause he sucked if my recall is right. It's been 25 years. Ah, it was Kosar.

Edit: Apparently he was pretty good, 5th in whatever qualifies him as that. I miss the good old days of just playing sim games against the Patriots and Colts back when they were beyond horrid(Steve Grogan~!) and crushing them mercilessly.

Edit2: Scanning the games ratings and junk, Grogan's actually tied for worst player at his natural position in the game at 26% with the then Rams kicker. Wow.

Funny listening to Bills announcers on the Network act like maybe this QB situation is solved given how great Manuel, Taylor, and Cassell has looked.  Hell even Matt Simms looks good today.   Yeah I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Steelers secondary is horrible  

The Bills QBs looked good last week also, especially considering the top three WRs and top RB are out. I have no idea which Bills QB will start Week 1 mostly because none of played bad in the preseason games. I am not sure why people think Tyrod is bad, it is his first chance to start in the NFL, and the Bills OL was so awful last year no QB would have looked great. It will be interesting to see where it goes, I am intrigued. 

Bills QB's today: • EJ Manuel: 7-8, 170 Yds, 2 TD • Tyrod Taylor: 12-13, 122 Yds • Matt Simms: 5-5, 65 Yds, TD • Matt Cassel: 6-7, 38 Yds

I say use all four on a rotational basis in every game. When one starts sucking, plug in the next one! It's a fool-proof plan straight out of Flag Football in Elementary School.