DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: JACK SWAGGER

RIPPA

I honestly can't tell you a good reason why I didn't include Jack Swagger in March Madness and it is now bugging me that I didn't.

So too make up for it - I am doing a Swagger WOTD so I can post anything.

http://youtu.be/XIcNXDv4crI

Oh and Swagger really needed to load up this crowd onto a couple of buses and tour with them

And this one

Well John Cena is your favorite wrestler ever so your judgment has already been called into question

Now wait a second!  Favorite wrestler currently.

He's no Eddy Fucking Guerrero.

Jack Swagger.  Love to watch him wrestle.  Hate to hear him speak.

Swagger had the best Rage Against The Machine entrance music not performed by Rage Against The Machine.

I still remember the Mark Henry/Big E vs. Real Americans tag match where Jack Swagger was the legit "weakest" guy in the ring.

Think about that...

Swagger is really good but he's suffered from growing up in the WWE system. A year out in Japan would have done nothing but good.

Being born maybe 15 years earlier too

I think Swagger is a guy that you don't appreciate until you see him live, because for whatever reason his size doesn't translate on TV. he first time I saw him at a house show or something, I was like "This dude is frickin' huge and really athletic" but I'm sure if I had seen the same match and same spots on TV I would have just shrugged. 

I don't like playing the "what if..." booking game, but I think if Swagger had stayed like giant delusional goof heel with an eagle and trophies and stuff instead of turning in to a Jericho rip off, he would be more well regarded. It's a shame he won the title when he did, the heels had such a template and people were forced in to it. 

• 3 weeks later...