DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News v. 3

Elsalvajeloco

Still gotta watch the rest of Pascal-Gonzalez, but I don't think anyone is surprised that Pascal got the decision. That would've been a great opportunity to create a new opponent for Kovalev.

• 2 weeks later...

Will Mayweather PLEASE hurry up and retire already. I'm not sure who's getting more on my nerves with their constant "calling out" of Floyd, Amir or Keith Thurman.

Mayweather vs. Khan isn't Mayweather's next fight but if they ever were to, a double KO would be my desired result. Not a fan of either fighter.

Good time to retire. Probably made some good money. Went out with a bang with that fight at Wembley. No one out there to fight to make it worth his while to stick around. Good career I always liked him.

Agreed.

Why couldn't we get that undercard on MayPac? I would have felt much better about my purchase.

I guess they figured they could have a shit undercard because people were paying for the headliner alone. I was. It would have been better to have a good undercard to attract the casuals like me and give a good example of boxing to said people.

As someone who watches little boxing compared to MMA I prefer, what chance does Andre Berto have against Floyd?

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit that Glowacki-Huck fight.

Huck picked the wrong time to come to the states. Lost the CW title defense record AND his belt.

However, the actual fight is up there among my favorite fights of the year.

Then we got a split draw in the main event.

Which I guess is fair seeing as Tarver lost at least 3 or 4 rounds early on and then Cunningham languished in the middle of the fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Go out of your way to see Mares vs Santa Cruz.  Legit FOTY contender.  Even with that absurd 114-114 scorecard.

Watched most of this on replay last night and it was a lot of fun. Mares started off really well but Santa Cruz's length and technique took over the fight soon enough. How the fuck anybody scored that a draw, I do not know. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...