DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Your UFC Glasgow main event is Michael Bisping vs. Thales Leites with the co-main event being Ross Pearson vs. Evan Dunham.

Decent fights for  Fight Pass card.  Leites actually has been looking good lately, 5-0 with three straight finishes.

Dunham coming off a win, but he's a far cry from his days when it looked like he was going to take over the division.  Still, not a bad match-up with Pearson.  

UFC 188 is a little over two weeks away, and I have yet to see any promotion. You would think the Heavyweight division would be top priority. I

The PPV ads rarely intersect. So with 187 out of the way, they're going to be promoting 188 (and 189 with the commercials they spent money on). Plus, they got two FS1 cards back-to-back so there will be PPV promotion on those two shows.

Jeremy Botter @jeremybotter 19s

. @jagatt tells me she’s spoken with both Dana White and Sean Shelby recently, and she’s in talks with the UFC.

EDIT:

Jeremy Botter @jeremybotter 4m

Correction: Dana left @jagatt a voicemail, but she spoke with Shelby. Wants all fans who want to see her in the UFC to speak up.

Jeremy Botter @jeremybotter 9m

So, if you want to see @jagatt in the UFC, tweet Dana and @ufc.

UFC Tonight news:

Rafael Dos Anjos is targeting a return in December

Raphael Assuncao is 100% and willing to step in as a replacement for 7/25 if either Barao or Dillashaw pull out

Cat Zingano and Aljamain Sterling (hernia) are planning to return in the fall. They were targeting Zingano vs. McMann for 7/15, but McMann is willing to fight anyone now that Zingano is out. Julianna Pena wants to fight Zingano, but I'm safely assuming she will fight before Cat comes back.

Re: UFC 188 Promotion

The ads have started running on FS1 and ends with Brock getting punched in the head and falling down.

Also, the tagline is "There Can Only Be One". That's right...Cain Velasquez is the Highlander.

• Like 1

UFC Tonight news:

Rafael Dos Anjos is targeting a return in December

Raphael Assuncao is 100% and willing to step in as a replacement for 7/25 if either Barao or Dillashaw pull out

Cat Zingano and Aljamain Sterling (hernia) are planning to return in the fall. They were targeting Zingano vs. McMann for 7/15, but McMann is willing to fight anyone now that Zingano is out. Julianna Pena wants to fight Zingano, but I'm safely assuming she will fight before Cat comes back.

That is why Assuncao will never get a title shot, even though I think he deserves one.

I went to my first MMA show last night, Elite1 "Annihilation". The show was two hours, the total combined time of all seven nights was eight minutes and seventeen seconds.

Tickets were $50 for GA and over $100 for floor/table seats and they had a really good crowd. Another group is running here late June with floor seats at $50. So it looks like MMA is going to be a thing here now.

The UFC cut a bunch of people:  Rocky Lee, Shane Howell, Alp Ozkilic, Vik Grujic, Shayna Baszler, Dylan Andrews, Louis Gaudinot, Tim Elliott, Tateki Matsuda, and Alex Torres

Not seeing many people capable of returning. Maybe Gaudinot and Elliott because flyweight is still pretty thin at the bottom.

She would have better luck in ROH or PWG or whatever indy she wants to moonlight as a pro wrestling valet with. I dunno why she would want to sign up for more beatings.

She should be a wrestling valet but we both know she wants to keep fighting.

If she took a fight maybe...every nine months between wrestling, there would be nothing wrong with that. However, she has to got realize that this ain't turning around. It will only get worse. If someone like Veronica Rothenhausler had to retire due to concussions and brain injuries, I can't imagine what someone like Baszler who has been in three or four times longer has been through. Shayna has taken some beatings, and those were the ones we saw.

New fights:

Levan Makashvili vs. Hacran Dias on the 6/27 Machida vs. Romero card

Maximo Blanco vs. Mike de la Torre on the 7/12 TUF Finale card

Paul Daley is fighting Dennis Olson on the Bellator 140 card

Also, UFC 188 will be in movie theaters:

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/06/ufc-returns-to-theaters-with-fathom-events-for-ufc-188-in-mexico-city