DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: ELIX SKIPPER

RIPPA

Between him and Shane Helms, I really thought we were watching the future of wrestling during the last year or so of WCW, but sadly both of their careers kind of peaked as WCW crusierweight champion.  Those two guys, while not perfect, seemed like they had all the physical tools to be great, but needed to smooth out the rough edges of their work.  I really think the saddest part about the closing of WCW is that their roster was full of guys who could have possibly grown into something, but kind of just disappeared.

Between him and Shane Helms, I really thought we were watching the future of wrestling during the last year or so of WCW, but sadly both of their careers kind of peaked as WCW crusierweight champion.  Those two guys, while not perfect, seemed like they had all the physical tools to be great, but needed to smooth out the rough edges of their work.  I really think the saddest part about the closing of WCW is that their roster was full of guys who could have possibly grown into something, but kind of just disappeared.

I actually thought Shane Helms was going to be WCW champ in 5 years in 2000.  

The fact he was the one WCW guy who wasn't a big star in WCW that got over in WWE says something.  His career was really ended by that broken neck.

Loved his runs with Romeo as a tag-team

and always dug Triple X.

I hate TNA work but I love the entrance themes.  I think they just comb strip clubs for mash-ups and then just add their own lyrics to the tracks.

I think the Power Twins had like two matches in WCW.

Jindrak's basketball gimmick was the WORST, but Elix's sick missile dropkick finisher provides the awesome to cancel out the suck factor.