DVDVR Message Board

Lawsuits, Fighter Pay, and Drug Tests: Tibau Fails Post Fight Drug Test In Addition to OoC Test

Elsalvajeloco

It should be noted that CABMMA caught two fighters from the last Shooto Brazil show using steroids. Former UFC fighter Amilcar Alves, who won the LHW title on that show, was one and the other was the fighter who lost in the co-main event. This is probably the first non UFC related instance I can think of in Brazil.

I am glad that Nick Diaz made his 100K signatures. I signed the petition last night, so I was one of the last 6K needed to reach The White House. The significance in this lies in the massive public vote of lack of confidence in the NSAC and the quality of their procedures. This together with all the other negative media shines a light on the NSAC that will be hard to ignore for a state that is somewhat dependant on revenue from boxing and fighting. Call it public shaming if you will. The significance is that this creates incentive for nevada to step up their game- noone expects Obama coming rushing in with a flag in one hand and an AK in the other to clean house. This is a way of exerting preassure to those ultimately responsible for the conduct of the NSAC and power to do something about it- incentive from a PR standpoint, which is not to be ignored.

I believe it was Brett Okamoto who had an update this morning that the NSAC may be rethinking the 5 year suspension, which would make an appeal on Nick Diaz's behalf not necessary.

I think the fact Wanderlei will likely be getting his punishment reduced has more a bearing than a petition. If lawyers aren't scared to go back at them for arbitrary sentences, then the floodgates will be opened.

True or False: If the current PED testing regime had been in place throughout UFC history, Michael Bisping would have been in at least one title fight in his career.

True or False: If the current PED testing regime had been in place throughout UFC history, Michael Bisping would have been in at least one title fight in his career.

I say false.  Bisping is unquestionably talented, but IMHO he doesn't have the skill set to take him to a higher level.  Biggest problem is his lack of knockout power.

Yeah, but if you take his title eliminator losses to TRT guys like Sonnen and Wanderlei, and pretend he won them by forfeit due to drug-assisted cheating...

Yeah, but if you take his title eliminator losses to TRT guys like Sonnen and Wanderlei, and pretend he won them by forfeit due to drug-assisted cheating...

Head still get ktfo when his coaches told him to stop moving only to the right and then walked into a punch while moving to said right

It depends. There are several other fighters in the MW division who could have failed a random drug test. If Patrick Cote failed a drug test before or at UFC 86, got his win overturned, you're telling me the UFC wouldn't jump at a chance to do Silva vs. Bisping at UFC 89 instead of that crappy Leben fight? Fuck yeah, they would do it.

• 2 weeks later...

MMAFighting.com ‏@MMAFighting  35m35 minutes ago
Diaz in settlement talks with NAC, could fight as early as 2016 (@marc_raimondi)
https://t.co/a3IbF1GNYo

Erik Magraken ‏@erikmagraken  35m35 minutes ago
@marc_raimondi good news. Here's a legal breakdown of why such a 'settlement' is possible

https://t.co/6IjZvUnTOM

If rest would have helped his injury, why didn't Cro Cop just say he has a shoulder injury and withdraw from the fight?

did you read the statement? he was doing whatever he could to avoid that exact scenario.

It sounds like a stupid statement.  Why take a banned substance and risk a suspension and hurting your career in that way instead of just taking time off and not having to endure such embarrassment?

It was then or never for him.  He wasn't interested in cancelling the fight and rehabbing the shoulder and then going through another training camp at a later date for a rescheduled fight.  Dude is at the end of his career.  It didn't hurt his career at all.  It just didn't work out for him.  He took the risk for a reason.