DVDVR Message Board

October 2014 Football Thread

cubbymark

What damage?  You always bring up that the numbers aren't legit, and that Red Bull has so totally fucked New York for football, yet you can't ever back it up.  

You are aware that Sports Franchises can't *legally* lie about sales, right?  

What damage? You always bring up that the numbers aren't legit, and that Red Bull has so totally fucked New York for football, yet you can't ever back it up.

You are aware that Sports Franchises can't *legally* lie about sales, right?

They can legally lie (If they couldn't our jails would be filled with people running teams) and I can legally point out they are full of shit (and guess what, I've done it to my own team, even in the Metro days). And you're the big United fan right? Why are you so gung ho about supporting a City feeder club?

I'm not supporting City's feeder team (which is why I didn't jump to them from Red Bull, because even with the Yankee ownership, I can't do a City team).  I'm calling bullshit on you because you back a year or two ago, you threw a temper tantrum and quit supporting "The Metros" citing a bunch of shit you can't back up, then came back, then did a jig when they finally won something that next season.

I know I've had the paid vs. actual conversation with you, but it doesn't fit your narrative, so you choose to ignore it.  I've proved you're ass wrong about "Red Bull killing NY Area Football", but you move the goalposts constantly.

So, yeah, I can point out you're full of shit too.

If you are going to say shit about me supporting the team than you are clueless. I went to more games THIS SEASON than you probably have in your entire life. Fact: I got fed up with that lying shyster piece of shit Chris Heck, and I made my point by not renewing my tickets (still maintained my ESC membership).The minute the biggest piece of shit the organization has ever seen was fired (and keep in mind that I'm including Sackoshit and Guppy) I renewed my tickets. So people like me who made their voices clear by not renewing got the guy fired. So the idea that I left and came back the minute they won the shield is pure fantasy on your part.

And you still don't back up any of the other shit you spout about how Football is so fucked around here, so whatever.

Sorry if I'm not the superfan you are, and that I don't blindly hate other teams because they're other teams.  But you're the absolute worst.

Shit, the Old "Metro" fans give the Scousers a run for their money in the persicution complex department.

"We got Heck fired by not renewing Season Tickets"  Shit, you're delusional.

• Like 1

And you still don't back up any of the other shit you spout about how Football is so fucked around here, so whatever.

Sorry if I'm not the superfan you are, and that I don't blindly hate other teams because they're other teams.  But you're the absolute worst.

Shit, the Old "Metro" fans give the Scousers a run for their money in the persicution complex department.

Please leave them out of this.

• Like 1

Heck was specifically fired because ST renewals fell off a cliff. This is well known and has been verified by numerous sources in the know. The fact that you use Metro mockingly says everything about you I need to know.

I know, I'm not a dedicated enough superfan to be in your little club.

And it doesn't bother me a damn bit.

And you still haven't backed up your "NYC Area Football is unviable" claims.

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Flame war is over, sorry to dissapoint :-). Honestly Pete while we may have our differences over city I have nothing but respect for you and your decision to support them. Frankly the Red Bull morons are responsible for all this because they so shit the bed and led to NYC2 being created In the first place.

Breaking news: the Cosmos have signed Raul (yes, THAT Raul). This would be great news... if this were 2010. Wonder if Texspaniard is going to get a Cosmos kit (can't recall seeing him in awhile, hope he's OK).

He is, just real work busy.

Good to hear. (Channels Rocky IV) "If you can all like me and I can like you, then there's hope for us all!" *hands Raziel a beer and a Fuck the Glazers shirt*

• Like 1

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Flame war is over, sorry to dissapoint :-). Honestly Pete while we may have our differences over city I have nothing but respect for you and your decision to support them. Frankly the Red Bull morons are responsible for all this because they so shit the bed and led to NYC2 being created In the first place.

Yeah, I actually thought you were surprisingly cool about my rationale for switching when we talked at ROH.

(Long story short, I haven't been to an RBNY game in years and NYCFC allows me to start fresh with a new team in a much closer locale. The Man City tie-in played a part but not as much as you'd think.)

This is exactly like the wrestling spot where heel partners tease a break-up only to hug at the end.  :lol:

• Like 2

He is, just real work busy.

Good to hear. (Channels Rocky IV) "If you can all like me and I can like you, then there's hope for us all!" *hands Raziel a beer and a Fuck the Glazers shirt*

Now that I can get behind.

Lo siento for not being around in a while, I have actually been very busy for a while! On Raul to Cosmos, I have wanted to see Raul in MLS for a long time actually but I know he is not going to MLS, he is going to whatever the Cosmos are in. When Raul left Real for Schalke I was kind of disappointed and was hoping he would go to either the Houston Dynamo (cos I live a hour and a half away from Houston) or believe it or not the New York Redbulls. The reason I wanted him in the New York Redbulls was to see him wearing the logo with the bulls on it. I am a big fan of bull iconography but that is neither here or there. He ended up having a pretty decent run in Schalke and got to win the German cup with them which was very special to me 'cos the Copa del Rey was the one trophy he never lifted with Real Madrid so to see him lift a national cup of some kind was nice. I thought for sure he'd go to MLS after Schalke but instead he went to the Qatari league which I was not expecting. He won the Qatari Stars League his first season there so he has at least won trophies everywhere he's been. I'll definitely keep an eye on how this turns out since he will be involved and he is my favorite player of all time, so I hope it goes well.