DVDVR Message Board

October 2014 Football Thread

cubbymark

I feel like a fool for posting in the September thread.

Matteo to Schalke is a shocker and either the dumbest move or a great one. No idea. Schalke´s club surroundings might be among the worst to work at at the moment. Keller was doing a pretty good job with a limited and very young squad and I feel like he could have still turned it around this season. No denying di Matteo is a good coach, but other good coaches have failed in Gelsenkirchen in the past.

Schalke weren't helped when Kolisinac went and got hurt for 6 months when he was supposed to be their rising star at left back but their defense has looked pretty bad.

I really don't know what to make of them yet. Entertaining team but I'm glad my wellbeing doesn't rest on their performances, you know?

Roy Keane conti ues to be a media gold mine.

Keane on not signing Robbie Savage -

It went to his voicemail, "Hi it’s Robbie – whazzup!". I never called him back. I thought: "I can’t be f***ing signing that.

Just when I thought I couldn't love Keano more than I already do...

@grantwahl

Like new Columbus logo, but have to admit I had whole fictitious storylines I'd come up with for the 3 hard-hat guys who are now jobless.

That'd make a funny ad campaign in Columbus. Maybe set it to "The Way We Were" or somesuch.

Spain just lost their EURO qualifier in Slovakia. Slovakia are tough opponents, yet this comes quite surprising. I think the last Spanish loss I can recall in qualifiers was in some game for EURO 2008.

England did the job against San Marino.

Sweden drew Russia at home, missing a penalty earlier in the match. I´m not sure if this is a good or a bad result to be honest.

Guest The Magnificent 7

That new Crew crest is awful. 

Aye.  At least throw a crowbar or something like Scunthorpe's in there.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Good performance from Scotland today.  They should have scored a couple more, but were a bit wasteful.  Naismith in particular had a few chances that he probably should have buried.  Strachan has them playing with much more confidence and purpose. 

Didn´t see the match because of visitors. Expected a very tough match in Poland. They have a strong team, were really hungry in the weeks leading up to it and our squad had some major injury trouble and no real striker to play up front as of now. All this talking about the unbeaten record might have been additional motivation for the Polish team aswell. Reading about the match it seemed as if our Mannschaft wasn´t playing particularly bad todaym but Poland made their chances count. First defeat for Löw since the 0-3 to the Czech Republic in the qualifiers for EURO 2008.

Major upset alert: Poland 2, Germany 0.

My friends Zoey and Kuba who work at Bob's Diner down the road from me will be quite pleased!

Also: Torontolololol, BWP inches closer to history and Metro all but clinch a playoff spot.