DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 9/4

*Taped for Xplosion: The BroMans def. The Menagerie

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing September 4, 2014 from New York City, NY

*Bobby Roode & Eric Young open with an in-ring promo talking about the ending of the cage match where both escaped, setting up a #1 contenders match between them for the main event

*Taryn Terrell def. Madison Rayne after a cutter

*Chris Melendez def. DJ Z

*Sanada def. Austin Aries with a superkick after using mist when James Storm distracted Aries. Sanada debuted a new look, wearing gold and black facepaint and Storm introduced him as The Great Sanada, saying he would be the first of many to undergo a rebirth.

*MVP, Lashley, & Kenny King come to the ring for a promo. MVP puts over Lashley as the TNA Champion and the next Bellator champion. They talk trash about NYC until Samoa Joe interrupts. They go back and forth until a brawl breaks out and Joe gets beat down until security breaks it up.

*Homicide def. Low Ki, Manik, Crazzy Steve, DJ Z, & Tigre Uno to become #1 contender to the X Division Title via Gringo Killer on Manik. After the match, Storm & Sanada came out and carried Manik to the back.

*Ethan Carter III & Rockstar Spud come out for a promo until Rhino comes through the crowd and challenges Spud to a match next week.

*Bobby Roode def. Eric Young to become the #1 contender to the world title. After the match, they shake hands.

Hopefully, Christopher Daniels told Storm about his time in WCW and Storm doesn't let Dixie convince him to dye his hair.

For those who haven't heard the story, WCW had Daniels dye his hair in preparation for his stint as Vampiro's "higher power". The storyline got dropped and Daniels didn't appear in the role except in a segment with Vampiro where he was hidden in shadow. Daniels hair then fell out - he says - as a result of the dye (it was thinning anyway).

Manik is kinam spelled backwards.

And if you can convince him to say his name backwards, he goes back to the 5th dimension and you win the X division championship (whether he's champion or not, because TNA).

• 4 weeks later...

The opening Joe-MVP crew yelling thing was okay, I guess. Loved the Gail-Taryn video setting up their title match as something special. Gail-Taryn was pretty fantastic. The neckbreaker on the steps spot was sick, and I loved that after carnage, it was a basic counter that won the day. You also can't go wrong with a match where the camera spends so much time zoomed in on Gail's ass. Havok's debut went perfectly - outside of the heat machine. She's instantly made as the top female heel and came off like a killer. EC3 once again stole the show with his mic work. Loved him doing his usual bit with the you can't wrestle chants, and then turning the CM Punk chants against the crowd by saying he'd love to kick his ass too. The Gunner/Shaw tag was nothing special, but I liked them setting up something with Brittany since she'd make a good crazy girlfriend for Shaw.

Roode and EY had their best match to date in the company. This was well worth going out of your way to see - it was exactly what a number 1 contender's match should be, and the post-match stuff with Roode wanting water and Lashley just staring through him made the title seem like the top thing in the company. X Title number 1 contender was hurt a lot by the commentary, but I'm glad 'Cide won. He and Joe can finally have the great match they teased at the end of the match Joe won the title in. I like the superkick now being a tribute to Storm, but could do without Storm adding more guys to his knockoff Wyatt Family. I wouldn't mind Manik getting some new gear though, as this getup just being Suicide without the text never really worked.  Aries and Tajiri as allies against Storm and The Great Sanada was a bit random. Aries and his new greying beard need some work, and Tajiri needs to regrow the beard ASAP. It was seemingly a source of his charisma or something, because he just didn't look like himself at all here - and the aging body didn't help matters. Loved the ED3/Spud skit with the exit sign - Spud's going to be a great babyface one day. Joe-Lashley was pretty good-ish, but not exciting. LOLed hard at Tenay pimping Lashley on Bellator while he had a Vulcan nerve pinch on. Kenny King GETTING IN THE RING was not a DQ, but led to Joe having a valid reason to lose. The show closed with clips of the tables match and Melendez's debut, and this was one of the better NYC taping shows. The pace was perfect and the match quality impressed me - although Gail-Taryn really should've been hyped up last week.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/09/tna-impact-9-3-14.html

Screens -

86cbbd349137518.jpg

130b65349138306.jpg

6fe11b349138322.jpg

1baf92349138324.jpg

721458349138328.jpg

fdc511349138389.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/84bh97f0j2zxdllvph35wke9vrwze9in

• Like 1

Loved Gail/Taryn, they are always great together. Their matches last year were my favorite stuff of the year. Havok looked pretty good in debut and I think her against Gail and Taryn could be really good. Enjoyed Joe/Lashley and Roode/Young as well. BroMans skits were entertaining. Looking forward to the tag series continuing.

• Like 1