DVDVR Message Board

Digital Comics Sales and Discussion Thread

blitzkrieg

Yeah, the PDF format is the only real downside and I would happily pay more to get it thru Amazon/Comixology.  Still, the IDW stuff and Big Finish Doctor Who bundles seem to always show up with offers I can't refuse.  (Also, Scioli's TF/Joe just before his Super Powers strips start in Cave Carson?  TIMING.)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

DC has a Best of 2016 sale on Comixology and while there's a lot of good stuff there, the complete Omega Men is only $6 USD for 12 issues. That's one of the best comics of the year and totally must read. Check it out if you haven't.

If you have another $6 to spare, check out Prez.

In case you guys like Marvel better, they have a huge sale too.  I think I'm going to get the second and third volumes of Bendis' Daredevil run.  I really need to save some money, but...you know.

1 hour ago, blitzkrieg said:

The DC sale is a bit underwhelming in that since everything is $5.99 you have a lot of 4 issues for $5.99. Also a lot of the prices for the Marvel sale are better on Amazon and they're also seemingly having an across the board 50% off Image sale.

Most of DC's trades are 6 issues plus so it's not *too* bad but yeah. Omega Men is 12 issues so good value and great book.

Grabbed Omega Men and Wonder Woman: Earth One (I know, but I've always loved Paquette's art and enough people said both good and bad things about it that I want to see it myself) in the DC sale. I will buy Marvel digital TPBs when they offer things I want that aren't on Unlimited.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Marvel Kindle...sale? Glitch? Whatever. The point is you can get a bunch of trades cheap right now. King's Vision, one of last year's best books? Under $2/trade. So $4 for the whole series. Tons more too. Act quick.

Also linking your Amazon to Comixology means you can read it on both.

Any recommendations from the sale for a Marvel neophyte?  I think I'm going to get Planet Hulk and both volumes of Vision.  Anything else I can't miss?

Huh, it's still showing the books as available to order with the reduced price for me.  I ordered some books but it hasn't charged my card or completed the order yet so I'm thinking you are correct.  Shame.

ETA: It finally processed my order and I got my comics, so I guess it's for real.

Yep, I got all of TNC's run along with Planet Hulk + Prelude, World War Hulk, Infinity Gauntlet, Vision 1&2, and Dr Strange Masterworks V5, which has the start of all the weird psychedelic shit in it.  I might still pick up some Ms Marvel and Squirrel Girl

I need to stop going to Amazon or I'm just going to keep buying books.

• Like 2

This is the weirdest sale ever. It's like they are clearing out a warehouse, except it's digital comics, not something sitting around taking up space.  I have no idea why they are doing this, but I kinda wish it was DC, since unlimited covers most of this stuff.

But still man, damn.