DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: MIL MASCARAS

RIPPA

In Mexico, maybe they'd get blackballed or something. It's funny... I've seen dudes visibly mark out just to step in the ring with him. I remember when Mil had a cup of coffee with AAA and he was in a trios match where he worked Cibernetico... and Ciber, one of the hottest rudos in the country, broke character and shook his hand out of nowhere before they locked up. He's a legend, with all that entails.

Mil is an epic asshole but he's an epic  asshole who drew the promotions he worked for a ton of money. It wouldn't be a good career decision to shoot on him and beat the shit out of him, wrestlers can be pretty dumb but they're not usually that dumb.

True dat.  It falls under the "why didn't anyone ever shoot on Hulk Hogan?" in the 80s boom period.  Yeah, you would've been remembered, but so what?  Going after celebrities who didn't literally have it coming (Richard Belzar ASKED for it...) was a total no-no.   That one clip of David Schultz slapping John Stossel destroyed his career.  

• 2 weeks later...

Okay - this is one is a little different. 

First of all - I realized that of the guys I really really really despise they tend to fall into categories.

• Guys who I hate but will never do as a WOTD because there is no way it wouldn't turn ugly quickly
  • Guys who I have already done (example: Harris Brothers)
  • Guys who I hate but I think everyone else loves (I realized that mid-week. They will get their own week sometime)
  • Guys who I hate but have good matches (despite them doing everything in their power to ruin it)
Mascaras falls into that last category. Because fuck am I tired of his refusal to sell... or bump... or put anyone over

But he has wrestled so long and in so many places where he has matches that are enjoyable despite how irritated I get. 

The easy example of this the Clash match against Foley

http://youtu.be/tnYf5BKm9ws

And now I will go back to giggling at the fact that he refused to let anyone eliminate him in the Royal Rumble, thus the "he eliminated himself" spot which made him look far far worse.

I now await Tom to come along and tell me what an idiot I am