DVDVR Message Board

Crying

Dolfan in NYC

Ok...embarrassing...

The death of Optimus Prime in the (KICK ASS) 1986 Transformers animated movie. I was 13...my innocence died that day.

I held it together when Optimus died. 

However when Hot Rod opened the Matrix of Leadership and The Touch started playing again.....

• Like 3

It should be said that Doctor Who will give you a surprise emotion ass kicking at the drop of a hat and has done it for years. Even movies about Doctor Who..."An Adventure in Space and Time" anyone?

Ok...embarrassing...

The death of Optimus Prime in the (KICK ASS) 1986 Transformers animated movie. I was 13...my innocence died that day.

However when Hot Rod opened the Matrix of Leadership and The Touch started playing again.....

Ok....that was even worse. Shit, even reading that may have gotten a speck of dust in my eye.

It should be said that Doctor Who will give you a surprise emotion ass kicking at the drop of a hat and has done it for years. Even movies about Doctor Who..."An Adventure in Space and Time" anyone?

Eleventh Doctor saga has produced more weepy moments than any other incarnation. 

When the time rip obliterates Rory from existance and the Doctor gets all misty when Amy doesn't remember Rory anymore.  Holy shit.. 

And when the Doctor gets locked in the Pandorica?  Seriously, fuck that show.

I saw this poster in one of the racks at Five Below:

pp32399-doctor-who-exploding-tardis-van-

I cannot bring myself to buy it.  The pain is too great.

Ok...embarrassing...

Ok....that was even worse. Shit, even reading that may have gotten a speck of dust in my eye.

Arise Rodimus Prime.  There wasn't one dry eye in the house, adult or child..  Even the fucking movie usher was in tears.

• Like 1

Ok...embarrassing...

Arise Rodimus Prime.  There wasn't one dry eye in the house, adult or child..  Even the fucking movie usher was in tears.

• Like 2

What always gets me is in Field of Dreams - Doc giving up an eternity of doing the thing he loved the most because Costner & Busfield didn't have the goddamn sense to pat the kid on the back.

I also cry during the "Believe"/ Red Sea scene scene during Prince of Egypt.

I'm a mess now, thanks guys

So, if we're going with embarrassing, I probably have a ton since I tear up or cry during movies all the goddamn time. One that immediately springs to mind was Miracle. The end of that movie, especially the credits, had me crying my eyes out.

Rudy does that to me as well, but I'm not sure if that counts. I know plenty of folks who tear up during Rudy.

I teared up at the end of X-Men: Days of Future Past when...

Wolverine wakes up, heads downstairs and see the familiar head of flaming red hair. Then when that head turns around and Wolvie says, "Jean...?" I damn near lose it.

• Like 1

First movie that I ever shed a tear during was Lion King right after Mufasa gets killed in the stampede

More recently, I was barely able to hold back my tears during "Pictures In My Head" in "The Muppets", but lost it when they recreated the opening number for "The Muppet Show". Just such a flow of nostalgia overwhelmed me and I was done. If I wasn't in a theater with a bunch of people, I likely would've been sobbing loudly instead of a few tears silently running down my face.

The only crying story that comes to mind for me is when I saw 50/50 in the theatre with two female friends.  The part where JGL starts freaking out right when they're wheeling him in to surgery, all three of us started crying virtually at the same time.  I'm sure I just got hit with some sort of estrogen spillover.

Jesus dude, when his voice cracks and he calls out "Mom?", I lost it hard. WHY HASN'T EVERYONE SEEN THIS MOVIE????

So, if we're going with embarrassing, I probably have a ton since I tear up or cry during movies all the goddamn time. One that immediately springs to mind was Miracle. The end of that movie, especially the credits, had me crying my eyes out.

Every time Jim Craig looks at his Dad in that movie, I well up.

The only crying story that comes to mind for me is when I saw 50/50 in the theatre with two female friends.  The part where JGL starts freaking out right when they're wheeling him in to surgery, all three of us started crying virtually at the same time.  I'm sure I just got hit with some sort of estrogen spillover.

Jesus dude, when his voice cracks and he calls out "Mom?", I lost it hard. WHY HASN'T EVERYONE SEEN THIS MOVIE????

I was going to say 50/50 also, but I figured that was that embarrassing. I cried during a few points and I'm tearing up now thinking about it. One of them being when Seth Rogen teaches him how to drive, but he crashes and just lets out the most primal scream. I would do the same. When he says "Mom..." though, oh God, I need to stop typing about it now.

Oh, and Warrior counts right? Am I the only one who cries some manly tears when Joel Edgerton is telling Tom Hardy, "It's ok! I love you!" Dammit, I need to stop typing about that too. Don't want to leave the office looking like a mess.

EDIT: What makes that scene even harder to watch without crying is that the National's "About Today" is playing over it. Here's the video...

Warrior has been on my Netflix list forever and I still haven't watched it.

Duuuuuuuuuuude. It's really fucking good. A little slow to start, but it's like Miracle in that the last 1/3 of the movie is just awesome. Nick Nolte puts on a clinic.

And it's not embarrassing to cry during Rocky. Maybe Rocky V. Never Rocky or Rocky II. If you don't well up with tears during Rocky II when Adrian says to Rocky in the hospital, "Win!" after being so doubtful of Rocky fighting Creed again...

• Like 1

Warrior has been on my Netflix list forever and I still haven't watched it.

Duuuuuuuuuuude. It's really fucking good. A little slow to start, but it's like Miracle in that the last 1/3 of the movie is just awesome. Nick Nolte puts on a clinic.

And it's not embarrassing to cry during Rocky. Maybe Rocky V. Never Rocky or Rocky II. If you don't well up with tears during Rocky II when Adrian says to Rocky in the hospital, "Win!" after being so doubtful of Rocky fighting Creed again...

I was talking about Rocky Balboa, which was the 6th one I guess. Old ass Rocky still hanging on for one more round. Shit, it's getting to me just typing that sentence.

We've talked so much about the 50/50 scene, may as well just post it:

My mom is maybe the biggest Rocky fan I know. All the while growing up she would use Rocky as an example for why I should never give up. So for mother's day, back when Rocky Balboa was still in theaters, I took her to see it. I think it was her favorite mother's day gift ever. We both cried a lot watching it and I had already been through all those tears once already during it's opening weekend. This scene in particular really gets to me:

• Like 1