DVDVR Message Board

The Slender Man Made Us Do It!

J.T.

Am I the only one that gets a bit of the 1980's if your kids play DnD there worshiping the devil vibe from this.

Nope. I thought the same thing.  I expect to find discarded Slender Man chick tracts in the parking lot of my local mall any day now.

It's cool J.T. I see that you're using this to educate us select few on the power of memes and propagation of bullshit.

So what's the next false flag event coming up that you're trying to warn us about? If it's in Chicago you'd give me a hint, right? I got a wife and kids.

It's cool J.T. I see that you're using this to educate us select few on the power of memes and propagation of bullshit.

So what's the next false flag event coming up that you're trying to warn us about? If it's in Chicago you'd give me a hint, right? I got a wife and kids.

I got your back, man.

I wish for just once when something like this happens everyone could sensibly and rationally discuss the incident. I had a co-worker explain to me how this is all the result of the evils of the internet. There was no swaying him.

I wish for just once when something like this happens everyone could sensibly and rationally discuss the incident. I had a co-worker explain to me how this is all the result of the evils of the internet. There was no swaying him.

It happens.  In matters like these, I often find myself a bit too critical of the parents. 

I am harsh and wonder what the hell these folks were doing to let something like this slip under their radar.  Were the parents of these girls just too busy, were they totally disengaged, were they trying to be the cool parents instead of the heads of the household, were they in denial about the dark path their children were on, or was it something else?

Then again, I think we underestimate just how clever kids really are and how effective they can be at keeping something hidden.

SSO, tell your co-worker that if he uses the internet, it may already be too late. Tell him that the "Fat Man" may have already "infected" both his computer and him! The idiot will likely spend hours reading about Sidney Greenstreet and Jackie Gleason and in the end, still be flummoxed.

(Yes, I am an evil bastard when I want to be.)

• Like 2

I tried to explain how isolated incidents are not indicative of the majority and other such big ideas such as mental health and how kids process events emotionally. Lost cause.

Then I told him about 3 guys 1 hammer and explained evil like that exists in a small part of the internet. Then he ran with it. Ugh.

It's like how the show shooting incidents today seem to just be excuses to break out your talking points. People are dead or injured for reasons you cannot explain away to suit your ends. There are no answers to be gleaned from news like this, but here we go again.

• Like 1

Honestly, all the Deep Web is, is just websites that are set up as to not appear on search engines.  You have to know where you're going to get there instead of just asking Google where it is.  And half the stuff there is already being watched by NSA/FBI/CIA/DHS/Interpol/MI5/MI6/USSS/Mossad/whatever other law enforcement/intelligence agency exists.  So only half of it is the cool stuff shown on TV.

It makes me laugh on the Deep Web related stuff on television where some guy says that he uses TOR when he visits the Deep Web.

Bullshit since every white hat and black hat knows that TOR was first developed by the US Navy.  No self respecting hacker would use TOR as his preferred anonymizer.  Probably has custom software for that.

Oh the good news front - the girl who was stabbed was released from the hospital yesterday

I was happy and puzzled to see that news.  I am pleased that she is okay but shouldn't she be in the hospital for a few more days at least to observer her?  She was on death's door for cryin' out loud.