DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014: JUNE

RIPPA

To date, Headley's 2012 marks his career high OPS by 102 points and his career high homer total by 18. I can't believe they didn't trade him. Now, they might not even give him a qualifying offer after the season. DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISASTER.

I really hope others were able to experience the visual and logic pain of the Ryan Dempster-Kevin Millar pairing last night on the MLB Network.

I had to text Rippa after the Dempster-Millar exchange on RBI MEN!!!

But words cannot express the visual pain that completely trumped their pretzel logic when viewing the suits they wore.

HERE we fucking go - http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/7417714/v34068499/mlb-network-has-some-fun-with-ryan-dempsters-suit

I think the Millar thing happened when they had to dump Mitch Williams and it was basically "Hey! You already work for us and are already in the building!"

That little clip is a perfect example of why I quit watching MLB Tonight.  The in-studio hosts and analysts are just atrocious.  I mean, we're talking about a network that put Mitch Williams on our TVs for years.  It's all just so universally awful.  And Kevin Millar...how the heck does that guy even have a job?  Good grief.

That little clip is a perfect example of why I quit watching MLB Tonight.  The in-studio hosts and analysts are just atrocious.  I mean, we're talking about a network that put Mitch Williams on our TVs for years.  It's all just so universally awful.  And Kevin Millar...how the heck does that guy even have a job?  Good grief.

Oh agreed.  Your only hope with MLB Tonight is Al Leiter or John Smoltz are on.  There are far too many rotating goofs - Harold, Billy Ripken, Plesac, Mitch, now Millar and Dempster - but I mean, I can live with that and the sound turned down since, ya know, MLB actually covers games.  What am I going to do, watch ESPN?

Not a fan of Leiter but John Smoltz is the goods.  He deserves a better gig.

And you're right, the options are really slim.  MLB Network or ESPN?  Just shoot me now.

Two things.

1) Mike Trout hit a homer tonight that cleared the batter's eye (albeit a little towards left field instead of pure dead center) at Kauffman tonight. Just an absolute bomb. Initial projections have it at 489 (which would be the longest of the year), but I'm waiting to see what Hit Tracker's exact number is

2) The Phillies stationed their broadcast crew in center field tonight for a nice change of pace. Freddie Freeman homered in the first inning...and one of the damn broadcasters caught it on the fly. He threw it back, making that the only time I've ever actually supported throwing a ball back.

Frank Cashen dead at 88.

A few years back you would hear crap about John Schuerholz for HOF.  And I am not certain if I will live long enough to see another GM put in the HOF, but I really hope I do not see Schuerholz in the Hall before Bob Howsam and Cashen.  But...you know - BRAVES DYNASTY~~!!!!  TEAM OF THE 90'S!!!!!  SCOUTS!!!!

Also worth noting, Manny Ramirez played his first game for the Iowa Cubs. He went 3-4 with a Homer. Between him, Bryant (who hit a Grand Slam, his 28th homer of the season) and Baez (who is finally realizing "Hey, if. I wait for pitches I like, I can get hits much more often!"), I will say that is a destructive lineup for Triple A

Jake Arietta seems to be doing a great job of increasing his trade value for the Cubs. 

He still has three years of control left after 2014 - there are rumblings that he's a guy they may be willing to build around inttead of selling high on.

Before yesterday's game, which ended with Rajai Davis' ultimate grand slam walkoff (down 3, grand slam in the bottom of the 9th), the Tigers honored the 1984 World Series championship team.  The "first pitch" was a Whitaker to Trammell to Bergman double play.

PERFECT.