DVDVR Message Board

Pages, Panels, Pin-ups... Covers

Brian Fowler

• 2 weeks later...

2vs3n60.jpg

Every once in awhile, I feel compelled to point out how much I love this cover.  Slightly abstract, but not really.  Perfectly captures everything you could possibly need to know about Emma Frost in one single shot.  Man, I love Frank Quitely. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

the last few years, i decided to read every Batman story. yes, EVERY story. starting with Detective #27 (1939) until the end of the Flashpoint universe. And let's be honest, i'll read the nu52 also. Anyway, it's been a hell of a ride so far.  so, here's what i read yesterday:

knightfall1_zps0d201893.jpg

knightfall2_zpsfcab8ab5.jpg

knightfall3_zps5ae6311a.jpg

knightfall4_zps44b11311.jpg

i've never read Knightfall before. i've never read the issue in question, but i did (of course) know that Bane broke Batman's back.

but reading the series leading up to this has been awesome. the introduction of Jean Paul Valley. the backstory of Bane. seeing Bruce get more and more worn down, all while seeing Bane orchestrating all of this and planning each and every move. it's been fascinating.

• 3 weeks later...

My favourite Judge Dredd strip ever, spoilered because it's all 9 pages of it. By John Wagner and Peter Doherty, who also did another of my favourites that sadly isn't online, where a Judge goes nuts at someone for farting on a bus. The range, from that to this, is incredible.

2000AD035.jpg

2000AD036.jpg

2000AD037.jpg

2000AD038.jpg

2000AD039.jpg

2000AD040.jpg

2000AD041.jpg

2000AD042.jpg

2000AD043.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

naushika_1_9.jpg

This Nausicaä boxset is blowin' my mind.  I didn't know Miyazaki's art was an insane combo of Mœbius and Robert Crumb.  I'd seen his sketchbook stuff but this is amazing.  I think the film is amazing and this book is about a billion times better.

• Like 1

naushika_1_9.jpg

This Nausicaä boxset is blowin' my mind. I didn't know Miyazaki's art was an insane combo of Mœbius and Robert Crumb. I'd seen his sketchbook stuff but this is amazing. I think the film is amazing and this book is about a billion times better.

God, I need to get that.