DVDVR Message Board

Xbox Live Gold no longer required to use Netflix, YouTube, ect.

Don't mind Fresh anyway

I can easily envision a scenario where he would be all LET'S BE ONLINE FRIENDS!!! And then he would want to play all these games but then never actually be on to play them and then when he was on, half the time would be great and the other half he and Dan would be the worst married couple ever. And then he would get the new hotness and be all FUCK YOU GUYS!!! I HAVE THE NEW HOTNESS!!! 

Oh wait...

• Like 2

Fresh:  Hey, how did you guys all manage to outrank me in GTA Online so quickly?

Us: Because you never play GTA Online. And it wasn't quick.  You haven't played in months.

Eh, it's a knee jerk response when someone has a negative opinion about a game company to say console war or fanboy. It's not necessarily the case.

No offense, man, but it's you so it's probably the case.

Of course both will be successful, nice strawman. (the $500 PS3 version had a stupid small hard drive and no HDMI port, no one wanted that shit :P. I mean a bluray player with no HDMI port, Sony was just being silly. I don't even remember stores stocking it much.) The 360 blew the PS3 out of the water at launch and by all figures they never lost the lead in North America, its a domino effect that can continue through a cycle even after the price is adjusted. And of course it is damage control, Microsoft saw they goofed and are now making adjustments like any company should when they goof. They never should have required Kinect or charged for using Netflix in the first place, their new leadership may have been just what they needed if the decision did come from that high up. And if you come up with silly sarcastic "look at me I'm cute" statements you may get labeled as an Xbox apologist, not my fault.

Really though I dunno why this is a different thread, I don't have merge powers here apparently.

Yes the 20gb launch version of the ps3 had an HDMI port. And you can't really say the 360 blew the ps3 out of the water at launch because it had been out for a full year already.

Honestly, for about a year, the Wii blew both consoles out of the water due to price point and a great marketing ploy from Nintendo.

I worked at least two, maybe three, Christmas seasons where I had a waiting list of people looking for the Wii.

The PS3 here locally did very poorly because the $500 20GB version was not even worth considering, and the 60 GB version was $200 more expensive than the 360 at the time.

Eh, it's a knee jerk response when someone has a negative opinion about a game company to say console war or fanboy. It's not necessarily the case.

No offense, man, but it's you so it's probably the case.

Really? That makes a ton of sense considering I owned all three consoles last gen. Microsoft just has to do more to earn my dollar based on their history.

Don't mind Fresh anyway

I can easily envision a scenario where he would be all LET'S BE ONLINE FRIENDS!!! And then he would want to play all these games but then never actually be on to play them and then when he was on, half the time would be great and the other half he and Dan would be the worst married couple ever. And then he would get the new hotness and be all FUCK YOU GUYS!!! I HAVE THE NEW HOTNESS!!!

Oh wait...

Honey, do we always have to have this fight in front of the kids?

I had all three last Gen and already have a Wii U, I just like discussing these things because its fun.  But if every console was equal I'd get Nintendo > Sony > Microsoft just because of how I feel about the companies on a personal squishy level.  Still bitter my 360 Elite red ringed one month after the warranty ended.

Really? That makes a ton of sense considering I owned all three consoles last gen. Microsoft just has to do more to earn my dollar based on their history.

You bought a 360?  I find that hard to believe given your anti-360 sentiment even when it isn't deserved. 

So when do you play it?  It's not like Rippa or the 360 Army ever see you online.  I don't think I've even seen you game with the PS3 Venom Mob.

Back on topic, yeah, the "too little, too late" mantra is indeed warranted.  It is comforting to see the reversal of policy, but those were some really idiotic polcies.  Sony clowned Microsoft last year by merely providing superior customer service.  Who knew?

If I wasn't lazy and had gotten my tax return earlier, I was definitely trending towards PS4.  

Now that MS is offering the bundle I want at the price I want, I will probably end up getting an XBone when Watch_D0gs comes out and the refund arrives. I have been shockingly pleased with their customer service so far, which is why I was shocked at all of the bonehead decisions the company made for the XBone.

So, there is a group of rabid DVDVR 360 onliners?

Tell me more.

You need to hang with us for Tuesday Night Titans when there are like nine or ten of us playing GTA Online.

You bought a 360?  I find that hard to believe given your anti-360 sentiment even when it isn't deserved. 

So when do you play it?  It's not like Rippa or the 360 Army ever see you online.  I don't think I've even seen you game with the PS3 Venom Mob.

Back on topic, yeah, the "too little, too late" mantra is indeed warranted.  It is comforting to see the reversal of policy, but those were some really idiotic polcies.  Sony clowned Microsoft last year by merely providing superior customer service.  Who knew?

If I wasn't lazy and had gotten my tax return earlier, I was definitely trending towards PS4.  

Now that MS is offering the bundle I want at the price I want, I will probably end up getting an XBone when Watch_D0gs comes out and the refund arrives. 

Yep, had a 360 twice last gen.  One early on in the cycle that I ended up giving to my brother in law and I bought another one a couple years ago primarily to play the Gears series.  I ended up doing most of my sports gaming and campaign stuff on 360 but online stuff was on PS3 because that's what most of my friends and relatives had.  I played GTA online plenty with the DVDVR crew.  Haven't played since I got the PS4 though.   

I ended up really liking the 360 at the end of cycle and my main gaming buds and me had decided we'd go into this gen with an open mind and pick whichever console seemed like it would be better.  Xbone lost early though.  I'll end up getting one at some point because I'm sure it will be good and will end up with plenty of exclusives that I want to play.  They fumblefucked the launch too badly though for me to go with them this early. 

• 3 weeks later...