DVDVR Message Board

So yeah I saw Guardians of the Galaxy tonight.  It is without a doubt the best movie of the summer.  FSW is still a moron.

I want Rocket Raccoon to get his own movie.  

I felt like I was watching a new Star Wars movie that was actually good for the first time.  

Didn't Matt get FSW to read some GotG comics and then admit that Rocket was pretty fucking awesome?

Doesn't excuse his troll garbage, and I hope he stays banned forever.

I have exceeded my quota of likes for the day.  Damn.

• Like 2

I am having a hard time believing its better than Apes but I'm hoping its awesome..

I thought it was better than Apes.  Then again, I thought Apes was overrated.

None of the blockbusters this year really blew me away. I really enjoyed DOFP and Edge of Tomorrow was pleasantly surprising but that's just about it. Godzilla and 'Dawn' suffered from the fact that none of the humans in the film had a good performance except Watanabe. Everyone else was just along for the ride or sleepwalking. I have higher hopes for Guardians because I haven't read any reviews (Rotten Tomatoes and all forums) and stayed away from watching trailers.

To each his own, but I got to be honest, I didn't like Watanabe's performance at all in Godzilla.  He would adopt this dumbfounded look on his face in many scenes that I thought looked ridiculous.  I liked Cranston but he's out of the movie in the first act.

To each his own, but I got to be honest, I didn't like Watanabe's performance at all in Godzilla.  He would adopt this dumbfounded look on his face in many scenes that I thought looked ridiculous.  I liked Cranston but he's out of the movie in the first act.

My reply should be prefaced that I have an irrational love for Ken Watanabe.

• Like 1

That aside, I agree with you on everything else for this summer's movies.  But that's why I was so happy with Guardians.  It is actually probably the best movie I have seen this year other than The Winter Soldier...and Chef.

See, I liked Winter soldier a lot but again I didn't feel it was better than Apes. It wasn't nearly as sophisticated in its storytelling. It was a great action flick with awesome action scenes unlike what we've seen in other Marvel Studios films but underneath it all.. it was still a standard popcorn action flick. Apes erased all of that.

• Like 1

Let us not unbury the dead, but rather celebrate the living with light joshing.

I hear Big Fresh's GF told him she had a pocket rocket, but he was disappointed it wasn't a baby raccoon.

So weird you made this joke today, considering mother nature hit her last weekend and made us try something different on Saturday night, which was not unlike what you just.... know what? I've probably said enough.

I'm going to have to wait until next Wednesday to see this :( I'm broke as a motherfucker. I guess I'll be avoiding this thread for awhile after Thursday night/Friday. I'm also currently LOL'ing at everyone that thought this movie would suck and would bomb. It's going to do gangbusters. Maybe not as well as Transformers, but pretty fucking good for an unproven "franchise". I stand by that.

I'm DYING to see the post-credit sequence. And did anyone else notice they've already revealed everyone's favorite overrated actor Nathan Fillion's role in GotG?

• Like 1

I'm going to have to wait until next Wednesday to see this :( I'm broke as a motherfucker. I guess I'll be avoiding this thread for awhile after Thursday night/Friday. I'm also currently LOL'ing at everyone that thought this movie would suck and would bomb. It's going to do gangbusters. Maybe not as well as Transformers, but pretty fucking good for an unproven "franchise". I stand by that.

I'm DYING to see the post-credit sequence. And did anyone else notice they've already revealed everyone's favorite overrated actor Nathan Fillion's role in GotG?

What's funny is that cameo was in the IMAX first look and I didn't even have any idea it was him.

Guardians is just as good as the Winter Soldier.

Stop it. If you keep saying things like this my heart might explode before I see it on Thursday night.

Jesus Christ, fellas. You're practically slobbering all over this movie's proverbial johnson.

Just saw Guardians.

BATISTA as Drax steals the movie.

I say that with no "wrestling fan" bias.

This should get him some real momentum going in Hollywood.

As far as this summer's blockbusters go, I preferred Apes & Edge of Tomorrow...

But, right after those two, it's on par with X-Men: DOFP for me.

Really fun flick.

• Like 1

Guardians is just as good as the Winter Soldier.

Stop it. If you keep saying things like this my heart might explode before I see it on Thursday night.

Jesus Christ, fellas. You're practically slobbering all over this movie's proverbial johnson.

Mmmmmmm... If only I could...