DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 38: Shogun vs. Henderson II (3/23/2014) - Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil (Ginásio Nélio Dias)

Elsalvajeloco

Herb's inconstancy is insane. This guy stopped Rousey/McMann but kept this fight going.

But it was such a great stoppage.  Yeah if you forget the part that Henderson was looking at him and stopping because he didn't want to hit him anymore

This might have been the worst officiated shows in years.  Haven't seen the prelims but I heard that headbutts are now legal as well.  

One thing that I am surprised isn't called more is when someone is laying in their opponent's guard and digging their head into someone's chin. There are times when the guy puts a little bit too much momentum and slams their head into the chin. Refs don't do and say shit about it. We're a couple of blatant steps away from some IVC shit.

Gian Villante just checked out of his fight with Maldonado after those knee strikes.  Where were Herb Dean and his corner in the third round?  Dude wasn't doing anyway and just looked like he wanted to be anywhere else except inside the cage against Maldonado.

Both he and Ronny Markes should be cut after this weekend.  

Guest Edwin

No UFC now for 2 1/2 weeks. After a run of 6 straight weekly events, how will we cope?

This is actually beneficial.

I'm a big MMA fan, but I was burnt out from so many back to back weekly events.

We're a couple of blatant steps away from some IVC shit.

Don't worry bro, I got you covered. From Bellator 113:

Daniel_Gallemore_vs._Maurice_Jackson.gif

That's more Rio Heroes than IVC, but still.

Anyone else notice Dan Henderson had THE Diving H-Bomb on his shorts and banner last night?

I actually didn't even notice that, but that's fantastic. If there were ever an NBA-ish logo made for UFC, that silhouette would be near the top of the list.

• Like 1

Anyone else notice Dan Henderson had THE Diving H-Bomb on his shorts and banner last night?

I actually didn't even notice that, but that's fantastic. If there were ever an NBA-ish logo made for UFC, that silhouette would be near the top of the list.

Yeah, it was on the lower middle part of his banner.

• Like 1

I'll always remember that moment. I was kinda having a semi-bachelors party (LOL in hindsight) and hosted the PPV. When Hendo dropped that bomb, and then followed up on it, everyone in the room collectively lost their shit.

• Like 1

Agreed. What a KO.

What's the Portuguese word for 'Impartial'? Because after this show, I'm starting to susoect there isn't one. Grabbing the cage is legal if you're Brazilian now.