DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R2 Match 6: HERO vs. BRYAN

Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Hero  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Chris Hero, right?

Bryan drops his selling so that he can seem more main eventery despite his size. And... that's pretty much the only bad thing I could say about him other than the fact that he wasn't really allowed to own his role on the mic and he didn't step up to take it like others have in the past. It's hard to argue against Bryan this year unless we're talking the real top seeds in this.

Chris Hero had some good matches but this is a doom draw for him. 

I think Bryan's sometimes inconsistent selling is more a reflection of Regal's influence than any desire to look more like a main eventer.

You really need to break down the Regal talking point some time. Really write an essay on it with a bunch of matches cited. No one else seems to carry it. I see it more as a Bob Backlundish need to take a lot of a match in order to seem strong to overcome some of his obvious physical deficiencies. 

And switching gears:

I'm a pop culture sensation actually. Remember when CM Punk wanted to be me?

I'm AWESOME and a reality star. Ric Flair is my personal friend and gave me the figure four as his legacy.

See? Miz.

• Like 1

I like Hero, but...

YES!  YES!  YES!

About sums it up really. I can't see any argument for voting against Bryan (except "Oops, I hit the wrong button because Jae named the thread Hero vs Bryan, but put Bryan 1st in the poll"), he had some decent matches in NXT but Bryan had many more brilliant moments.

I like Hero, but...

YES! YES! YES!

About sums it up really. I can't see any argument for voting against Bryan (except "Oops, I hit the wrong button because Jae named the thread Hero vs Bryan, but put Bryan 1st in the poll"), he had some decent matches in NXT but Bryan had many more brilliant moments.

I KNEW IT WASN'T MY FAULT. And this is the man they gave admin powers to...

Who took it? I checked a week ago and I was still the king.

It doesn't matter, when you add my post count on top of my likes (buyrates plus merch sales) I'm clearly not Punk. I'm Hogan in '87.

this is the saddest indoor kid statement ever made ;( 

I'm clearly not Punk. I'm Hogan in '87.

Just past your peak and headed downward?

At this point he's in the poolhouse with Beefcake hoping that Linda doesn't come home early. 

FSW, just tell Linda. We all want you to be happy.

Hero's been putting on a lot of really good matches lately, so just comparing his NXT stuff isn't quite fair. Understandably though, it's not easy to keep track of all of his PWG/DGUSA/ROH/etc stuff. Not saying he's having a better year than Bryan, but he's still really good. Going back to NXT though, I feel his last match with Luke Harper is so overlooked. They were throwing bombs at each other. Great stuff.

Cabana's been going through the motions lately. Although he occasionally gives a good effort. 

Bryan drops his selling so that he can seem more main eventery despite his size. And... that's pretty much the only bad thing I could say about him other than the fact that he wasn't really allowed to own his role on the mic and he didn't step up to take it like others have in the past. It's hard to argue against Bryan this year unless we're talking the real top seeds in this.

Chris Hero had some good matches but this is a doom draw for him. 

I think Bryan's sometimes inconsistent selling is more a reflection of Regal's influence than any desire to look more like a main eventer.

You really need to break down the Regal talking point some time. Really write an essay on it with a bunch of matches cited. No one else seems to carry it. I see it more as a Bob Backlundish need to take a lot of a match in order to seem strong to overcome some of his obvious physical deficiencies.

Sure, why not. I'll post it in the Regal thread at PWO once this tournament wraps up.

Hero's been putting on a lot of really good matches lately, so just comparing his NXT stuff isn't quite fair. Understandably though, it's not easy to keep track of all of his PWG/DGUSA/ROH/etc stuff. Not saying he's having a better year than Bryan, but he's still really good. Going back to NXT though, I feel his last match with Luke Harper is so overlooked. They were throwing bombs at each other. Great stuff.

Cabana's been going through the motions lately. Although he occasionally gives a good effort. 

It's not overlooked so much as Harper came out of the match looking leaps and bounds better than Hero so people are giving credit for it to Harper.

It's not overlooked so much as Harper came out of the match looking leaps and bounds better than Hero so people are giving credit for it to Harper.

I disagree. It was a showcase for both guys to me. I don't remember that much praise for Harper after this match, even if it was deserved. And even in losing, I thought Hero looked strong. 

I disagree. It was a showcase for both guys to me. I don't remember that much praise for Harper after this match, even if it was deserved. And even in losing, I thought Hero looked strong. 

I think the real issue is that Harper out did Hero at what Hero was supposed to be good at in terms of slugging it out.  From a story line perspective, the best thing after the first match wipe out and the rematch where Hero looked a lot better would have been a third match where Hero learned not to go toe-to-toe and relied on some roll ups to finally get a win out of the deal.  I think it would have been what Hero really needed to get over out of the deal and would have made for a better showing here.  As an aside, Harper and Rowan have gotten over a vulnerability to pinning combinations while being virtually unable to feel pain.  Heck, even John Cena used a school boy to go over Eric last week.