DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R1 Match 4 USO vs. CHRISTIAN

J. USO vs. CHRISTIAN  

93 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WILL IT BE NOW?!

• THE GOOD USO
    • THE GOOD CHRISTIAN

It's an open hand strike, which makes a really nice smack sound.  But I'm just being pedantic.  The leap over the ropes thing is like the weirdest thing though especially for a guy who seems pretty intelligent regarding how he puts his matches together.

Calling it a punch is kind. It's a slap. But it's a slap with super impact  because he jumps over the ropes to the floor to do it. Makes sense to me.

The slap comes after his feet hit the ground, so I'm not sure how it adds any impact.

Christian's spear is somehow even less convincing than Edge's, and the aforementioned spot and Killswitch finisher both do nothing for me. People here seem to speak highly of how intelligently his matches are laid out, but that doesn't explain why he keeps diving headfirst into his opponents' signature spots.

The Usos-Shield stuff should put them ahead on its own. Christian's been even less interesting than usual this year.

I was torn, I am a huge Christian fan but the rise of the Usos from guys who work superstars to actual WWE superstars was one of my favorite things of WWE in 2013. I loved Del Rio vs Christian at Summerslam but the Usos do have a lot of quality output as well, The Shield tag from the MITB preshow,  vs The Shields vs The Rhodes Boys at Hell in a Cell plus all their efforts in those crazy fun mutli-man tags like the Raw Country 12 man, The Shield vs the WWE roster and a fun face vs face match against the Prime Time Players from later on in the year.

Christian missed too much time to get my vote over the great year An Ussssssooooooo had this year. Maybe if he was matched up with Ziggles he gets my vote, but not over an Uuuuuusssssoooooo....