DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

One of the live streams is already on the Youtubes.

The upgraded faction gear is fucking awesome and I am digging the Reef design jumpship.

And I was wrong.  You will be able to upgrade all of your old 300 gear to 365.

Jesus, that Ram helmet is weird enough to make me want to level up Sungsinger.

Yeah, I am totally not done playing this game yet.  It will make it to my XBone crossover list.  Rippa will also find his love of Destiny rekindled the first time he fires that monster shoulder cannon.

I know I'm leaning towards sooner rather than later to upgrade.  I'd really like to do it before my 360 is completely worthless for a trade-in and Gamestop is offering $125 plus all the games I have I would imagine I could get at least half my XBONE paid for.  It's just getting the girlfriend behind the idea when i know the "you should be putting this money towards an engagement ring or the house we're saving up for or finishing paying off your school debt" argument will follow.

The only reason my wife isn't totally yelling at me for thinking about it is because I have gift cards and credit at Gamestop that cover at least half the price. I am honestly just trying to wait for a better sale before pulling the trigger.

Of course - like JT said. I will then probably rebuy this stupid fucking game for the ONE and start the fuck over.

I hate myself

Of course - like JT said. I will then probably rebuy this stupid fucking game for the ONE and start the fuck over.

I hate myself

Correct me if i'm wrong but if you're on the 360 and upgrade to a XBO your progress carries over?

Another nothing week so far. Actually got an exotic from Crota, The Last Word. The same Last Word i brought from Xur last week. I essentially paid 3 times the street value for an exotic shard. Nothing but radiant shards from my 3rd Crota run through too. The Vault of Glass best give up something good on the weekend!

Iron Banner CONFRIMED for next week. And Saladin will be selling the helmet. MY SHIP HAS COME IN.

Also, apparently Commendations are going away when HoW hits. I was pissed because I've been sitting on a bunch of them just for the expansion, but then I kept reading....And you get to exchange them for a +250 reputation gain on each. Sweet.

I've got a whole bunch of commendations in the vault, think I've only ever used 2.

Looks like the Iron Banner has a 10am pacific start time, which is 6pm here. Should be home from work by then so I may well try the glitch, assuming it works with the different start time. If not I'm not grinding out 8 hours in the Iron Banner again to get the helmet now that you can upgrade just about anything to level 34 once HoW hits.

Speaking of which, with the new Trials of Osiris, and the Iron Banner selling the final piece of armour, is there anything left for it or will IB event be obsolete once the expansion is out?

Correct me if i'm wrong but if you're on the 360 and upgrade to a XBO your progress carries over?

Your progress saves over to your Xbone ONLY if you bought the Season Pass.   There are worse things than starting over.  I've done it a couple of times.  Getting through all of the story missions takes no time at all because you know what to expect. 

I can finish all of the story missions for Earth on Heroic in one sitting in about ninety minutes or less

Xur's list for this weekend:

Items:

Mk 44 Stand Asides (Titan Boots, Strength 118/127) - 13 SC
Crest Of Alpha Lupi (Hunter Chest, Strength 117/126) - 13 SC
Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Warlock Helmet, Intellect 114/123) - 13 SC
Mida Multi Tool - 23 SC
Exotic Shard - 7 SC
Exotic Engram (Chest) - 23 MOL

Upgrades:

Aclyiophage Symbiote
Mask of the Third Man
Helm of Saint 14
Helm of Inmost Light
Light Beyond Nemesis
Heart of Praxic Fire
Suros Regime
Mida Multi Tool
Thorn
Invective
Universal Remote
Patience and Time

Curios:

Auto Rifle Telemetry - 1SC
Shotgun Telemetry - 1SC
Machine Gun Telemetry - 1 SC
Plasma Drive - 23 SC
Emerald Coil - 23 SC
Heavy Synth - 1 SC

I bought Mida and I got Voidfang Vestments out of the exotic engram - so yeah, I am getting close to having multiple builds for all my characters.

I am such a loser.

Oh and speaking of exotic drops - I got my FOURTH Icebreaker from doing the Nightfall.

It was nice back when you couldn't buy it but now everyone has it and I have fucking FOUR but can't get fucking G-horn

Your progress saves over to your Xbone ONLY if you bought the Season Pass. There are worse things than starting over. I've done it a couple of times. Getting through all of the story missions takes no time at all because you know what to expect.

I can finish all of the story missions for Earth on Heroic in one sitting in about ninety minutes or less

Fair enough, I was under the impression that if you'd brought Destiny for the PS3 or 360 your progress would carry over to the next gen consoles providing you kept the same PSN/X box live account.

Another week I get to hang on to my strange coins since I picked up the MIDA last time Xur stocked it. At this rate I'm going to have a nice supply of coins and motes come HoW.

As for your Ice Breaker drop, the game seems to be giving them away like they're going out of style. I got 2 a few weeks ago within a day and a friend of mine picked up 2 in less than an hour this week.

I bought Mida and I got Voidfang Vestments out of the exotic engram - so yeah, I am getting close to having multiple builds for all my characters.

I am such a loser.

Jesus, my OCD is far worse than yours yet I maintain one set of armor aka the gear on my back and three weapon load outs max so that I can alternate Exotics between Primary / Secondary / Heavy.

As for your Ice Breaker drop, the game seems to be giving them away like they're going out of style. I got 2 a few weeks ago within a day and a friend of mine picked up 2 in less than an hour this week.

I think it is a database issue and it is tied to your character profiles..  

I have had Hard Light drop for me four times for my Warlock; I kept the first one and sharded the others.  I have NEVER had a SUROS Regime drop for me.  i had to buy it.

I have been on Nightfall strikes where either everyone in the fireteam got the same item or one person got the same reward over multiple Nightfall strikes.  Case in point: Me as I got Shards twice this week and got Strange Coins three times last week.

When something happens that often, RNG is not working somewhere.

Well why you don't care multiple weapons when you have 9 slots available is beyond me.

Of course you are talking to the same person who still carries all his GTA weapons

Well why you don't care multiple weapons when you have 9 slots available is beyond me.

Of course you are talking to the same person who still carries all his GTA weapons

I don't want to think about it that much.  I know that I will turn into a hoarder if I do.

I would carry more weapons on me if I didn't hate the perks on 90% of the current vendor gear.  I'd love to have my load-out cover all damage types, but the current Vanguard / Crucible / Vendor secondary weapons that do Void damage really blow goats.

That's why my Legendary secondary weapons tend to be Arc or Solar and my Legendary heavy weapon is usually a Void weapon.

I need that Ram helmet so bad. Besides the obvious benefit of looking like goddamn Moloch, the perk that disorients enemies when you resurrect is a huge benefit for when I'm rolling my Sunsinger in the Crucible. I usually do a quick 360 scan of the area before I res to make sure it's a worthwhile move, but I can't tell you how many times I've been shut down immediately by guys who were out of the camera's line of sight or just happened to run up on me during that brief period after res when your radar is down.

This will make me 10x the destructive force I already am.

I enjoy how they are claiming they didn't stealth patch Winter's Run but since folks have figured out work arounds, they aren't racing to fix it either.

I am beginning to think it is either a glitch caused by 1.1.2 or it is stealth patch to stop snipers that ended up breaking the game.

Sometimes after the mystery reset, no more enemies spawn after you clear a do over wave and you have to start the strike all over again aka same thing that happened to us.

They have an explaination in today's update basically saying it was the fault of too many people working on updates at once and it was something that wasn't suppose to make its way into the game (they were playing around with things) and Oops! someone forgot to take the code out.

And because players found a workaround, they will take their sweet time fixing it... if they even bother to..

How very Microsoft of them!

I imagine that we will see more of these attempts at anti-cheese code in HoW although I don't know how that is considered to be cheesing since we're using Icebreakers the way they were designed to be used. 

Not our fault if it has the range and doesn't need ammo clips.

I am not a fan of Icebreaker, BTW.  Way too much recoil for my tastes but the benefit of ammo regen without exposing yourself to direct damage is huge in PvE.

I JUST SOLOED THE NIGHTFALL!

Yeah, yeah, I realize this was a super easy Nightfall and the Archon Priest is a chump, no matter how you slice it, but this was a major achievement for someone who's never completed a Nightfall period, let alone by himself.

The celebration was somewhat muted by my reward being a legendary arc machine gun that wasn't any better than the legendary arc machine gun that I had used on that very strike, but...whatever. I DID IT.

• Like 2

I JUST SOLOED THE NIGHTFALL!

Yeah, yeah, I realize this was a super easy Nightfall and the Archon Priest is a chump, no matter how you slice it, but this was a major achievement for someone who's never completed a Nightfall period, let alone by himself.

The celebration was somewhat muted by my reward being a legendary arc machine gun that wasn't any better than the legendary arc machine gun that I had used on that very strike, but...whatever. I DID IT.

Congrats, the Archon was the first Nightfall i soloed the last time it came around.

Knocked out 2 Vault of Glass runs tonight, pretty good loot considering the crap I've been getting recently. Picked up the boots for my Warlock, completing his VoG gear. I was pretty annoyed when i first took my Warlock through the raid and got 3 pieces of armor, all of which, at the time, were worthless. Thanks to the news 2 days ago though i'll be rocking them once i can boost them to level 34. Also got Preadyth's Timepiece, a second Atheon's Epilogue and a 3rd Sparrow.

First run went smoothly and only took a little over an hour, a couple of people dropped out at the end so we added 2 more and went in for an entire Titan team, my first trip to the Vault with a Titan. Took about twice as long, we almost did the Oracles the 'correct' way twice (down there with them instead of sniping on the cliff) in the end we just sat back and Ice Breakered them. Picked up boots from the Oracles and two (why would i need two!?) helmets from Atheon along with a 4th Sparrow (why!?). Just need a chest piece and arms for my Titan, let the grind begin again...

This game and the randomness of the fucking loot drops.  I spend months trying to get a certain weapon, then I get it in bunches.  First the Ice Breaker and now the Fate Bringer.   Dammit.

Anyone recommend that I get the MIDA Multi-Tool from Xur?

This game and the randomness of the fucking loot drops.  I spend months trying to get a certain weapon, then I get it in bunches.  First the Ice Breaker and now the Fate Bringer.   Dammit.

Anyone recommend that I get the MIDA Multi-Tool from Xur?

I have heard people sing the virtues of the Multitool in VoG and Crota   If you like the feel of the Battle Rifle from Halo, you will like it.

Datto's write-up is probably the best review I have seen on the weapon.

• Like 1