DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I have now done 30 kills with my Titan and Warlock

Eventually I will catch Mis...

Bwahahahah....

You can try. 

I'll just let that simmer for a moment.

Seriously though, good luck and all that, but I seriously doubt I will ever play pvp on Destiny again.  That is simply because since the first update, they fix one thing and fuck up five others and that's part of the reason my patience wore thin.  I'm not saying I won't play again, but the competitive aspect of this game lost it's luster when the second iron banner hit and they were like fuck you for playing the first one. 

From what I hear, the changes that have been made will make that extremely difficult, nerfing the AR's, special, and heavy weapons...  I'm not saying it's impossible, or you aren't capable, but you are now fighting an uphill battle.

Now, I'll be up for some friendly pvp competition when Rainbow 6 and Black Ops 3 hits on the XB1...for what its worth.  However I don't see this lot playing much on those games for some reason.

Nightfall for this week is Winter's Run with all Burns turned on and no Lightswitch.  The other active skull is Angry.  That's two cake Nightfalls in a row.

I'd have tried to solo it this morning if I hadn't had an early meeting, especially since there are Vanguard and Eris bounties to multitask with the Nightfall.

If Rippa is on and he is feeling brave, we can try to two-man the strike.  We've done it before, so we can do it again.  Honestly, we could try to knock it out for all three of our toons, but PvE can be tedious so it must eventually give way to PvP.

I imagine we'll only get one Nightfall done tonight since Compete in 5 Clash Matches AND Compete in 5 Control matches is in the Crucible queue today.

I have now done 30 kills with my Titan and Warlock

Eventually I will catch Mis...

Bwahahahah....

You can try. 

I had five Reigns of Terror on my old Hunter.  My goal is to eventually take down that 17 Player Killstreak record of yours.  One day it will happen.

• Like 1

And something new has been added!   Apparently Bungie is very very angry about those of us who snipe our way through the door hack part of Winter's Run. 

Patch 1.1.2 has adjusted the scenario so that the wave of Vex that you are fighting will reset if you kill all of them via sniper fire while sitting on top of the highest rock in the ravine.

The workaround is to save one of the Harpies or Goblins for last and snipe all of the Majors to death.

Bear that in mind as you do the Nightfalls today.

I will be home today when you get on (at least in theory) - so I am waiting on the Nightfalls

However - I might try and do the Weekly once or twice.

I will see how ambitious I get

OT, but for those of us who has had their interest in Destiny wane, do you see yourself playing House of Wolves? I'm not sure if I will or not, but I'm leaning towards not. Has the game changed much in the last couple months, or is the same head scratching stuff still present?

OT, but for those of us who has had their interest in Destiny wane, do you see yourself playing House of Wolves? I'm not sure if I will or not, but I'm leaning towards not. Has the game changed much in the last couple months, or is the same head scratching stuff still present?

There will be cutscenes featuring the Queen of the Reef so of course I am on board.   Especially if the Queen's Brother is behind the revolt and I get to put The Last Word up to his temple and blow his head off.

I have a feeling the story won't nearly be as awesome as anything another player will come up with.  Most likely the BBEG will end up being Kaliks Prime (the exiled High Servitor of the House of Wolves.  I am the only person that reads my new Grimoire cards..) and we will have to smoke him during the Prison of Elders firefight thingie or the alleged new strike that is added with the Comet DLC.

As for "has the game changed that much?" part, yes.  Some for the better and some for the worst. 

The new 1.1.2 patch seems to make PvE a living hell for Raiders and Nightfall cheesers, but I actually like the new Crucible augmentations.

New HoW trailer is up.

Looks like HoW DLC will allow for your VoG raid gear to be upgraded to the new attack / defense cap.   Hard to get happy about it because somehow the devs will tie in the Radiant material system with leveling up VoG raid gear and it wll suck.

I am digging the Fallen NPC in the new social space in the Reef.

I think this is the week I finally clear a Nightfall strike. I almost soloed it last time around when it only had void burn. I'm pretty certain I can finish the job now that I get the solar burn on Icebreaker and I can take my time on the Priest without having to scramble for ammo.

I should be back at the crib around 4:30 EST.  We can smoke the Nightfall as many times as we want and then crush some dudes in the Crucible. 

There are a lot of good PvP bounties today so I will probably grab as many as I can for tonight and do some of them tomorrow.

I was wrong when i said last weeks Nightfall was a joke. The Fallen are just embarrassing themselves now! The Archon Priest was already the easiest Nightfall to solo, adding triple burn, no lightswitch or angry, and having 2 of us doing it was a walk through. I don't think each run took more than 15 mins to do and we weren't exactly rushing it. The boss fight was pretty much over after 7 rockets and a few sniper shots to keep him staggered. Its incredibly fun just being absolute killing machines and wrecking anything that comes at you. No decent rewards again though. I got 2 Admonisher III (seriously, 2?) and a Glasshouse helmet for my Titan which i already had. 

Did a quick Crota run with my Titan and my friends Warlock. We had one fun glitch with Crota where he just says 'fuck it' and chases you into the crystal room, only the second time that's happened to us. And managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat after he caught the swordbearar rushing in for the last 3 hits, without even thinking i fired off 2 more rockets to down him and the warlock popped back up, grabbed the sword and ended him. Finally got a different gun for me, Light of the Abyss, not what i was after but at least it wasn't another song or swordbreaker.

Hopefully the 2 more Crota runs an Vault of Glass get me some good loot, i had a solid 2 week run a while back and now its all dried up.

I got twelve Ascendant Shards from my Hunter's Nightfall run to add to my collection of close one hundred eighty. *sigh*

Couldn't even vent my frustrations from crappy Nightfall rewards out in PvP because of all of our shitty teammates that don't know the meaning of covering fire.  I was the bullet sponge tonight.  Not fun.

It sure would be nice if I could load up my bounty queue online instead of having to be in game to do it.

Things are already crazy at work and I am itching to redeem myself from last night's PvP fiasco.  I should be on around 4 or 5 PM but I may have to quit early to get some more things boxed up in my crib.

I am up for PvP or running another Nightfall with my Titan or Warlock.  I'm still chasing Thunderlord and welcome any opportunity for RNG armor and weapons that may be better than the stuff I'm wearing.  It's also okay if we do Weeklys because I do not turn my nose up at Strange Coins.

Ran into some wonkyness this morning while Vanguarding.  Had to leave a zone in order for drops to start registering for the Induction Rod collect mission and sometimes getting three kills with my GG wouldn't count towards my Clensing Light bounty.

Fix your game, Bungie.

I got bounced out when I was trying to cash in my bounties this morning and couldn't get back in.

God - why the fuck am I going to pay for House of Wolves?

I am struggling to figure this out as well.  Crucible runs like the disaster last night burn me out on this game.  I may have to put it down for a while before I really begin to hate it and pick it back up after I eventually buy an Xbone.

Despite all the hate fucking the game is doing to me right now - I will admit that ending a Crucible match with a slayer is going to be one of the sad highlights of my life

Funnily enough JT and I were just talking about this the other day

My time table appears to be by Summer while his seems to be Christmas (granted I am not the one buying a house)

I have to get a lot of shit to Goodwill this afternoon so I won't be on until 6 or 7 tonight.  I'd like to knock out my new Hunter's last mission for Eris out of the way in prep for Xurday tomorrow.  I won't be on much on Saturday, but we can try to knock out a couple of Weeklys on Sunday night.

I'm off all next week getting my apartment ready for moving out on the 30th so I will be on and offline sporadically.