DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

In general - Datto's videos are the best Destiny videos

I might always agree with his conclusions (especially in regards to exotic armor rankings) but his videos are packed with info in a easy to understand format.

There are some guys who deliver good content but their delivery style makes me want to club them like a harp seal. Datto is not one of them

The best thing about Datto's channel is that he pulls and re-writes reviews as new content comes out.  There are still reviews out there extolling the virtues of the SUROS Regime in PvP and we all know that Pulse Rifles are the new hotness in the Crucible.

I'd pick up the Multi-Tool if you've got the coins for it. I grabbed it last time Xur sold it, i'm a fan of scout rifles and it's a solid gun. I'm pretty sure its got a little extra in the aim assist department without it being an official perk on the upgrade tree.

Third and final Vault run tonight and i got 2 of the 3 guns i was hunting for. Praedyth's Revenge and the Mythoclast, pretty happy with that (oh and a 5th bike goddamn it). Though far from a perfect haul, a guy on our team picked up Fatebringer, Mythoclast, SUROS Regime, Epilogue and another of the normal mode VoG guns. Bastard.

Edit:

Yeah, SUROS and all the other auto rifles took a big hit 2 patches ago. Shotguns have been beefed up something vicious though.

Correct me if i'm wrong but if you're on the 360 and upgrade to a XBO your progress carries over?

Your progress saves over to your Xbone ONLY if you bought the Season Pass.   There are worse things than starting over.  I've done it a couple of times.  Getting through all of the story missions takes no time at all because you know what to expect. 

I can finish all of the story missions for Earth on Heroic in one sitting in about ninety minutes or less

Wait wait, where are you getting that from?  I've seen it in action that progress has carried over...and I'm not talking about mine because while I do have the season pass, I don't have the game on xb1 (just the trial to go grab stuff from xur if need be).  My kid doesn't have the season pass, and my GF's kids don't have the season pass.  The only thing I'm aware of was on 1/15 (or roundabout) the window for the digital copy upgrade expired (say you bought the digital version for the 360, you had until January sometime to download the digital copy for the xb1).... 

Your progress will transfer over within the same console family, but you can't go from ps3 to xb1 or 360 to ps4....

*edit*  I tried to post this into the post above, but the board wasn't selling any attempt from firefox or chrome...so...here

Courtesy of http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade :

MY GUARDIANS, STATS AND GEAR Q. Will my Guardians, progress, stats, and gear carry over when I download and play the next-gen version?

Yes. Whether you participate in this program or not, your Guardians, progress, stats, and gear are shared within a console family (PlayStation®3<->PlayStation®4 or Xbox 360<->Xbox One) and will be waiting for you when you transition to next-gen.

Edited by misanthrope304

Well its gotten to the point where it is really just JT and I playing on the Xbox side and Basara on the PS side

And with JT off because of his move - he really won't be on. So it would just be me talking to myself... which I do enough of already

Now that being said - I think they reveal more House of Wolves nonsense tomorrow

I believe this weeks reveal is the Trials of Osiris.

Did a couple more hard runs on Crota's End. Another Warlock helm (goddamn it!) with a worse roll and a Titan helm (success!) to finish off my Titan Crota gear. Really don't like the Crota hard mode fight, the fastest I've had it done is about 40 mins, there's just to much to go wrong and i find hes extra glitchy on hard mode. But i still want me that Word of Crota damn it so i must push on for another week. Kind of want to get the Word (and the crux) before HoW hits so its 3 less raids i need to run each week.

If the leaks are to be trusted, tomorrows Nightfall should be Omnigul with all 3 burns and the weekly should be solar burn.

I usually play as a Sunsinger, and I think that class doesn't really get enough credit it deserves (probably mainly due to players hording their special to self-res), but I was experimenting with Voidwalker tonight and, damn, it is a HELL of a feeling to Nova Bomb a heavy drop and wipe two-thirds of the other team at once.

DOUBLE DOWN

TRIPLE DOWN

SPACE MAGIC

BREAKER

I almost had a seizure, all that stuff popping up at once.

I usually play as a Sunsinger, and I think that class doesn't really get enough credit it deserves (probably mainly due to players hording their special to self-res), but I was experimenting with Voidwalker tonight and, damn, it is a HELL of a feeling to Nova Bomb a heavy drop and wipe two-thirds of the other team at once.

DOUBLE DOWN

TRIPLE DOWN

SPACE MAGIC

BREAKER

I almost had a seizure, all that stuff popping up at once.

I'm usually Sunsinger in PVE, love a good grenade spam and the self-res is literally a life saver in Nightfalls. I don't play a lot of Crucible but if i do i always go Voidwalker. I don't feel i get my moneys worth out of Sunsinger, though it is good fun popping straight back up after someone kills you to avenge your self before they even know whats happened. But like you say, there's nothing more satisfying that dropping a Nova Bomb in the center of a control point and taking out their entire team.

Is there some sort of trick with the telemetry boosts? They don't seem to make a big difference for at all when I have them equipped..

I think the boost is 25% and that it stacks with the nightfall boost which would make it just over 50%.

I haven't really used many of them but if you're trying to level up a gun as fast as possible you may was well use it even if it's only 25%. Best thing to do is do all the daily bounties but don't hand them in. Activate the telemetry then do the daily mission on level 30 and head back to the tower to hand in your bounties. You'll get the boost on the 7500 xp from the daily plus all the bounties. There's not much point using one if you're just going to kill enemies for 30 mins as you don't really get much xp from them.

• Like 1

Yeesh, I had a rought first day of Iron Banner. I felt like I was getting matched with scrubs against organized crews every other game. I still hit my goal of Rank 2 for the day, but it was WAY harder than it needed to be.

I hate to be a poor sport and quit on a match (especially since the medallions make for decent consolation prizes), but man...when I'm on Asylum and I see all 5 of the other guys immediately line up like cattle on the stairwell from C to B, apparently so paralyzed by fear that none of them want to be the first through the door, I just want to write the whole thing off as a lost cause and check out.

Thanks to the later start time for the Iron Banner I finally had the opportunity to use the rank glitch (don't judge me!). Blew all my glimmer on the Warlock helm and the Efrideet's Spear. I've now got a compete set of Iron Banner Warlock armour to go along with the Vault of Glass and Crota's End set. I'll probably drag my Titan though it when/if they start selling light 34 gear after HoW to save having to upgrade it.

With the Iron Banner taken care of in record time we jumped onto the Nightfalls with a rare full team of 3. I was dreading Omnigul again, I still remember the first time we did that with no burn. Felt like it took days. Having a full set of maxed weapons with various different burns though make these fly buy, we'd done all 3 in a little over an hour. Nothing amazing from it: 11 strange coins, which are useful and 2 random legendary guns, which are not.

Got in the first Crota run of the week, and a pretty successful one. Got the class item for my Warlock. I know it doesn't do anything but I must have killed that damn Deathsinger 20 times now and this is the first time ones dropped. Finally got Black Hammer from Crota's cold dead hands. All I'm chasing now is Fatebringer, Hunger of Crota and Word of Crota and I've got all the legendaries and exotics I want. The rest will just come when they come, I don't need to go hunting for them.

Yeah - I dragged JT into the Iron Banner last night and it was... okay. (Better than our attempts to do the Nightfall - that's for sure)

The key is to look at the roster before the match starts. Pretty much anytime there was a 4 or 5 man fire team - we bailed before the match started.

Funnily our biggest frustration was also on Asylum as are team had a 5000 point lead and then our team kept charging this one dude who was sniping instead of just defending the two zones we had. That ended in a loss and I almost decided to give up on IB

I had hoped to hop back on this morning to get like a hour more in before my buff ran out but it wasn't possible. Still I was pleased with getting halfway to Rank 2

This game knows how to hook me in when I am about to quit.  Did the Nightfall with my Bladedancer this morning with the Austrian Death Squad.  Got a Legendary Engram for a Heavy Weapon from a Knight I capped.   Also got ten Strange Coins at the end while the game gave out Universal Remote and the Symbiote to my friends.

I was pretty disappointed and was about to conclude my Destiny career on the spot until the Legendary HW Engram upgraded into fucking Thunderlord.  Now I have to play until I fully upgrade this beast and get my hands on a Mask of the Third Man.

I will do my best but my woman will be here tonight to help with the last bit of cleaning and we pack up and jet for Maryland tomorrow.  I will probably get the evil eye if I even think about gaming while she's around.

IB was okay last night.. I hate not being constant.  Either I was pretty decent or pretty crappy.  No in between.  Our match of shame was on the Anomaly map; not the Asylum.

Is there some sort of trick with the telemetry boosts?  They don't seem to make a big difference for at all when I have them equipped..

I pop them before I turn in bounties and then I let them wear off on patrol.  You get the XP rub from the Aura, too.   I try to save them until after I complete the Nightfall.

• Like 1

So basically Trials of Osiris is 3 v 3 skirmish with level advantages enabled.

It is elimination mode - first team to 5 wins (a point is one when you eliminate an entire team)

No respawn. Revive only

All Crucible matches will see increased payouts - double rep. number of engrams that will drop increases and a bigger variety of legendary stuff will also drop.

Playing "featured" matches will mean even larger bonuses too