DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

CONGRATS ON BEING AWESOME WITH A GUN WHERE ONE FUCKING HIT BASICALLY PUTS YOUR OPPONENT ON DEATH'S DOOR, GUARANTEED, JT, GODDAMN YOU.

Show no mercy.

- Lord Shaxx

While other players were all WAH~! THIS BOUNTY IS TOO HARD~!, I took my lumps and got my Void Damage murdering done and I did it without a Void Damage primary weapon (I did my dirty with Void Damage shotgun / machine gun). 

I have earned the right to be a douchebag in the Crucible by shooing people in the head with my evil Hive-corrupted hand cannon.  Once I get my Blink / Slide / Shotgun skills back up to par (A perishable skill.  I've run Gunslinger exclusively for a long time.), I really will be that typical Crucible asshole you love to hate.

TBH, I actually do better in PvP with TLW. 

Your Nightfall of the week is Omnigul with Arc, Juggler and Lightswitch. Possibly as retribution for me mocking the past 3 weeks worth. Thralls pretty much one hit you with arc and lightswitch and I'm not sure if Omnigul is worse with no burn or just arc burn. Either way there won't be as much running around and dicking about this week.

Figures.  My new Bladedancer is armed with Oversoul Edict, P&T, and Thunderlord and my ability to get on the internets is zilch since I am between domiciles right now.

Did the usual Tuesday night ritual of 3 Nightfalls and 3 Crotas.

We tried the Saint-14/Shotguns tactic on the first run. Worked surprisingly well at first, we took her down to less than half health and then....a Cursed Thrall wandered in and it turned into a shambles. We managed to recover it from the side room, which is were we safely did the other 2 nightfall runs from. 

3 Crota runs went pretty smoothly, got my second Crota kill as a swardbearar. I'd have had him on the first try but i got greedy and tried to down him with 3 uses over 2 swords. Knocked it out the second time playing it safe with 4 uses on 2 swords. I got my 4th No Land Beyond aka free exotic shard from Crota and my 2nd Ghorn from Ir Yut! I wont be sharding that.

The last time Omnigul was the Nightfall - a cursed thrall was our doom right as we were dropping that bitch Omnigul

Of all the times I almost flung my game out the window, that was the most rage quitty

The last time Omnigul was the Nightfall - a cursed thrall was our doom right as we were dropping that bitch Omnigul

Of all the times I almost flung my game out the window, that was the most rage quitty

Yeah i hate them damn things. Luckily it only killed 2 of us and the survivor was a Titan, Managed to retreat, charge, and pop a bubble over our still warm bodies and we ran and hid like scared little girls.

The amount of times they've been our end in Crota hard mode. Its all going well, we take care of the Ogres, step out of the room and ones just sitting around the corner as a giant 'fuck you'.

Looks like the update is being delayed

Good morning, Guardians (or afternoon or evening, wherever you are).

I've spoken with the finest minds at Bungie about Update 1.2.0 just moments ago. They're working to correct a late-breaking technical issue that would have impacted the way the game launches for a large portion of you. Progress is being made.

We'll be sharing new details on the deployment schedule that leads to House of Wolves as soon as they become facts. At the very least, you'll hear from me once a day about this. Hang in there, and thank you for your patience.

DeeJ, out.

According to the Weekly Update - Bungie hopes to put out the 1.2 Update today but it is still up in the air.

The decision will be made this AM (bungie time)

Patch Notes

1.2.0 : The one to pre-load House of Wolves

Destiny Expansion II will change the way we all play and upgrade our characters. Before the release of the House of Wolves, we’re deploying new code that will impact the player experience.

Weapons
Fixed an issue in which Vex Mythoclast was not respawning with primary ammunition
Fixed an issue with the Hive Disruptor perk, which now appears in the Black Hammer perk set again
Fixed an issue in which the Phantom Gift and White Nail perks would become interrupted when non-precision damage occurred from other perks
Bonus damage from other perks (e.g., Explosive Rounds, Hive Disruptor) no longer interrupts the count
Three precision hits within the time window will trigger the intended refund bonus
Fixed an issue in which the Hive Disruptor perk did not work correctly with sustained damage events (auto rifles, pulse, etc.)
Oracle Disruptor perk now triggers more often
Hive Disruptor perk now triggers more often, but does less damage per event

PVP
Salvage: Moved the first Relic to more consistently appear in a centralized position on the map
Fixed an issue that caused players to wait an excessively long time to respawn

Tower
Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
The Speaker will now exchange Ascendant and Radiant Materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
Xûr will now exchange Strange Coins for Motes of Light
Commendations are no longer required to purchase gear
Commendations can now be converted to receive +250 gains in Vanguard, Crucible, or Faction reputation
Note: Etheric Light will not be made available for ascending gear until the release of House of Wolves

User Interface
Vendor Interaction Panel has been updated to support Quest chains
Vendor Interaction Panel now has better animations and fewer popping issues
Number of buffs that can be displayed on the Character screen has been increased
Inventory item stacks that have reached their highest possible count will now display gold numbers along with an alert in the tooltip that maximum quantities have been acquired 

Audio
Added improved feedback for players who take damage from energy weapons

Companion
Fixed an issue in which the Mercury Grimoire card was not being awarded
Retroactively awarded the Mercury Grimoire card to players who have found the "Mercury Memory Fragment" Dead Ghost
Vendor items, damage types, and perks will now be visible on Bungie.net and the Mobile App

Technical
Addressed a crash on Xbox One that was induced when too many explosions/projectiles were generated
Fixed an issue that affected the network quality user interface
Indicators will no longer display persistently bad ("red") quality after a user's connection recovers from a temporary quality issue
The quality indicators should now always correctly reflect a user's live connection quality

*Addendum
We have discovered that Legendary Engrams will drop in 1.2.0 that the Cryptarchs will not recognize
Hold on to all newly-acquired purple Engrams until May 19th to benefit from their upgraded decryption skillset

The following is a preview of changes that will take effect on May 19th, 2015 on or soon after 10AM PST with the manual activation of House of Wolves.

I did my first Daily Heroic yesterday. Other than getting some Helium Filaments, the engram from Cryptarch was especially insulting (Level 16 Gauntlet, only 3 light max).

get ready to be screwed over by RNG a lot. The game will be your best friend one moment and give you everything, then a complete dick to you the next.

Yeah any purple and blue engrams you get from today that wont decode contain HoW stuff and will work on the 19th.

Those Queen bounties really added something tonight. I've never seen so many people on patrols doing the same thing. We had a fireteam of 3 hunting them down and 4 more randoms with us that joined along the way. We had a couple of real great outings. The Vex public event started just as we'd finished one, scrambling around trying to get the chest and defend against wave after wave of Vex. My favorite was the one that hit seconds after an enemy movement, which brought out Urzok. This would be the most fun ever if every public event was as chaotic as that.

Did a Vault and Crota hard mode, it doesn't even matter what else i got. Fatebringer. Finally.

• Like 1

FYI you can double dip the ether chests if you're quick enough. Take the loot, leave the area, then immediately go back to the chest and you get more loot.

Presumable you could pull this off up to 3 times if you 1) find the chest fast enough and 2) the changeover to the next area is close enough.

I did it at the Ember Caves. Didn't find the chest at the Citadel fast enough to test

Okay...

1st time I pulled it off going from Ember Caves to the Citadel.

I just tried it going from the caves to the Headlands, but it didn't work. However a public event was starting just as I got back over there, so that might've caused the chest to despawn. Not sure. Still had 40 seconds on the key timer.

The Queen's Wrath bounties and the related public events (basically lengthier, more challenging versions of the old Blades of Crota events) are available now.

Apparently some HoW items like Prison of Elders treasure keys and Trials of Osiris passages are dropping also, maybe on purpose, maybe on accident.

Or at least they were until PSN went down!