DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I've been delaying the story stuff waiting to run it with JT but I'm not sure when he is gonna be done with his move.

God Damn chest appearing under the fucking walker

I'm not quite sure how this was possible but a dude found an exotic shard in the middle of a Crucible match I was in.

Or I should say - the message popped up that he found one

Besides the guaranteed armor core, I ended up getting better rewards at the level 28 Prison of Elders than the level 32 Prison of Elders. The difficulty spike is unreal though. 

What's the deal with Varicks? Does his stock change weekly? Because his gauntlets don't fit my play style at all and I'd rather save my armor core for something more valuable to me.

Edit: Regarding the mid match exotic shard - I'm guessing he/she broke down an exotic they weren't going to use, in order to ascend another fully upgraded item for the new stats. Maybe they were confident this would be a difference maker in the round.

All I know is that Xur better have an exotic engram this weekend because I got over a 100 motes of light that I will be burn but I got shit to ascend

Not for exotics. You need Etheric Light to upgrade Legendaries for their new damage or defense stats. Exotics are much easier to re-upgrade. All you need is an exotic shard. Let's say you have a fully upgraded Exotic helmet at light 36. Right off the bat, you can ascend that helmet to light 42 by using the shard in the perks menu. Same concept for Exotic guns. You can also ascend an Exotic you haven't fully upgraded previously, but you'll then need to grind experience to get it to its full level, of course.

• Like 1

I've been delaying the story stuff waiting to run it with JT but I'm not sure when he is gonna be done with his move.

God Damn chest appearing under the fucking walker

I closed on the crib this past Monday.  No idea when FiOS is coming by to install the internets.  I'll be on my parent's crappy wi-fi tonight so you should see me online, but I am headed back to the crib for Memorial Day weekend.  It will be a bit before I am on a regular gaming schedule.

I smoked the Wolf bounties on the Monday before launch with my Bladedancer, so I already have my Reef invite for one of my toons..   Scorch Cannons FTW.  I noticed that some players were fortunate enough to score on HoW weapons from some of the Fallen treasure chests.

I guess I am going to have to start hitting the Prison of Elders since that is the only way I can get Etheric Light without using LFG

I guess I am going to have to start hitting the Prison of Elders since that is the only way I can get Etheric Light without using LFG

Ditto.   Once I am squared away internet wise. we'll chat with Mis or someone about trying to get a Trials of Osiris team together.

You can get etheric light as a nightfall reward and crucible reward if I remember correctly. 

I got on last night for the first time in a while and did the new quests and the nightfall and weekly heroic.  They were pretty decent.  The new strike on the nightfall seemed kind of short which can be good also.  I like that the weekly is a different strike than the nightfall. 

So far I got some gauntlets from a legendary engram and I bought some boots from the vanguard.  Upgraded my Ghorn, Icebreaker, and a couple Warlock armors so far.  Decided not to get too crazy and will have to count later the amount of exotics I have between my three characters and how many shards I have and figure out what I want to upgrade right now. 

It didn't seem to be anything groundbreaking though.  I'll have to check out Prison of Elders tonight and see how I feel about that.  So far it looks like it's really easy to max out at 34 which is disappointing.  I don't think it's enough content or different enough to keep me interested for any length of time though. 

Well I am not ready to attempt to solo the new Nightfall so that was why I was saying for now I would have to stick to Prison of Elders (since that is the only one with Matchmaking)

If you can get them via the Crucible - that would be nice.

I did get one of those emblems of identity (or whatever they are called) when I was out doing one of the bounties.

FiOS won't get to my new crib until next Thursday,  After tonight, it looks like I get to tackle Dragon Age: Origins or GTA5 until I am back online in a week.

Level 28 POE has matchmaking, but 32, 34 and 35 don't. I don't think you can get Etheric Light in a level 28 POE.

Crossing my fingers I'll get lucky again with the Nightfall on my secondary character to get another Etheric. Might also attempt the 34 POE tonight as well, which I think is a guaranteed Etheric.

The website changes are very nice.   Have they fixed the counter for the Ability Kills stat in the game?  I am kinda tired of seeing 0 kills when I know I arc blade at least a dozen enemies to death when doing story bounties.

So, what is the best course of action?  Chase down enough Etheric Light to upgrade my current Legendaries or buy new purple shit?

Hit up the Prison of Elders again after getting screwed over last night (fuck you Bungie!). Cleared it and actually got the loot this time. A second Dreamwalker from opening the giant chest again, a second Truth (i knew i shouldn't have given squid face my coin!) a bunch of motes, some coin to buy a class item and the light 42 armor core are now mine.

Feeling good in our new level 33 gear we decided to take some revenge on ol' hard mode Crota.

Yeah, so hes 2 manable now....

We went in with 3 but lost a guy to connection issues almost as soon as we got to Crota, while he was flying back in we decided to give it a crack anyway. With a level 33 Hunter on sword duty and a level 33 Warlock with an Ascended Gjallarhorn we took him out in 2 swords/4 kneels. There's no need for the Ogre room anymore. It takes 2 Ghorn shots to drop his shield and he actually takes less sword hits on hard mode now than he did on normal. All those times the god damn boomers clipped someone, all those times the sword disappeared, all those times Crota just said "fuck it" to going down and stabbed you anyway? well fuck you Crota! you're a joke now!

Ripped out his Crux, stuck it in one useless Hive weapon and made a still useless, but now shiny, Nechrochasm. The only thing i'm missing from Crota now is the hard mode ship.

We wasted 4 hours of our lives on level 34 Prison of Elders. Brutally hard. Got up to the very final wave before the boss. But the objective waves are the worst part of it, especially since we were all Warlocks. The arc burn in round 4 was just too much for us also. Was really hoping I could reach my character to level 34 today, but I'll forget about even attempting POE at 34, and instead focus on Armor Cores every week and Nightfalls to gain that extra level. I'll return to 34 POE much later.

I definitely prefer Raids. Partly because of the week-long check points. With POE, it's one shot or you have to do it over again next time.  

In doing the 5 Clash match bounty - I got 3 legendary weapon drops and enough crucible marks to buy Light 36 boots

So yeah I am a fan if the increased payouts

Finally cleared the HoW story missions and was able to try Prison of Elders.

Very fun new mode. My first Prison of Elders chest reward? NO LAND BEYOND.

My buddy got Gjallerhorn, naturally.

JT and I cleared all the HOW story stuff last night thanks to help from Mis

I will probably run the strike tonight.

Prison of Elders will probably tomorrow.

I am going to have to make new friends since I have so many freaking Trial of Osiris ticket dealies

I was all excited to buy my exotic helmet engrams so I can get the exotic shard.

And then Xur proceeded to give my a Helm of Saint 14 and a Celestial Nighthawk.

Dammit Xur! Stop giving me stuff I want to keep!