DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Yeah - when ultra gamer Josh told me that he only averaged 8 points a match and he was at 90 something after two weeks of trying that bounty, I knew that one wasn't for me.

The difference between you and Josh is that Josh is the quintessential plucker of low hanging fruit.  If it calls for minimum effort for maximum results, he is there.

You and I, OTOH, have unparalleled OCD and determination.   If we convinced ourselves the item was worthwhile, we'd be stupid and stubborn enough to try doing it for a while just to see how hard it would be..

That being said, I would not be surprised if some of the criteria for completing some of the Exotic Bounties got nerfed at some point.

Waiting for the walker event at 1245, i was doing a mission in the mothyards when the "defeat extraction crews" event popped up.

And since there were 2 other guys there, we did it in about two minutes.

-

Got my first exotic bounty. Ofcourse, its "do 5 strikes without dying," so i might as well abandon it now. ;)

Waiting for the walker event at 1245, i was doing a mission in the mothyards when the "defeat extraction crews" event popped up.

And since there were 2 other guys there, we did it in about two minutes.

-

Got my first exotic bounty. Ofcourse, its "do 5 strikes without dying," so i might as well abandon it now. ;)

That is just Part One of the bounty criteria, man. :rolleyes:

And you could do a strike without dying if you openly embraced the stopping power of hard cover.

It is pouring down here in the 804.  Hopefully the storm does not wreck havoc with my already sketchy internet connectivity. It has been a rough day.  I need Linguini Adriatica and digital homicide, stat.

I don't even need opponents to get killed.  First death in the second match we did yesterday was me accicentally jumping off a cliff and killing myself.  Of course, I think I've killed myself more times overall than the fallen/hive/vex/cabal have got me.

I don't even need opponents to get killed.  First death in the second match we did yesterday was me accicentally jumping off a cliff and killing myself.  Of course, I think I've killed myself more times overall than the fallen/hive/vex/cabal have got me.

It is not hard to leap off of the edge of the map.  We have all done it dozens of times.

I adjust my load-out depending on the map.  Hand Cannon / Sniper Rifle / Machine Gun is my most successful arsenal.

I love maps with turrets and vehicles but only if it is a Clash match.   SURPRISE, MOTHER FUCKER~! 

There is nothing more satisfying than some asshole coming at you full tilt in a Pike only to get my Tripmine Grenade / Flux Grenade stuck on his windshield.

Ya'll need to rethink tactics if you're looking for wins in clash matches.  I went on a winning spree with damien, slimy, and WH in clash.  We watched each other's backs, didn't bum rush into 4-6 all alone.  We would get high ground or stay near a Heavy Ammo spawn, pull them into choke points, and concentrate fire on the enemy. 

When you're alone in crucible, you are the low-hanging fruit.  At the beginning of the match, it says "stick together guardians."

Same goes for control.  Run in packs, that's what the successful teams do.

Whatever bounties you are working on will come to you, literally,  There are no bounties for dying multiple times that I'm aware of.

Ya'll need to rethink tactics if you're looking for wins in clash matches.  I went on a winning spree with damien, slimy, and WH in clash.  We watched each other's backs, didn't bum rush into 4-6 all alone.  We would get high ground or stay near a Heavy Ammo spawn, pull them into choke points, and concentrate fire on the enemy. 

When you're alone in crucible, you are the low-hanging fruit.  At the beginning of the match, it says "stick together guardians."

Same goes for control.  Run in packs, that's what the successful teams do.

Whatever bounties you are working on will come to you, literally,  There are no bounties for dying multiple times that I'm aware of.

I think this is why I am horrible at PVP too is because I never find myself in random matchmaking with people who are good at the coordination side of things.

Granted, I am a limited asset with my abilities, but I tend to meander around looking for the action before the action finishes me with a headshot.

Mis speaks the truth.  Once I changed my tactics in crucible I'm usually one of the top guys on my team regardless.  My playing style in COD for years was run and gun with a shotty or smg and that can work in Destiny but most of the time will result in a lot of dying.  Now I just hang back and the idiots come to me.  I find an open spot and mow em down.

All that shit I talked about being burnt out and needing a break from the game...I played as soon as I got off of work this morning.  Saw a dude online that I went through the raid with before and he was in orbit with 5 people...I knew what the fuck was up.  We went right back where we left off at Atheon. Took quite a while and I was beginning to doubt if we'd pull it off but we finally beat the fucker.  All I got was 3 shards and chatterwhite lol.  I can't complain because in the phases leading up to that I had gotten some raid boots, shards, and a rocket launcher.  And it had reset yesterday so I can at least go through up to Atheon again and get the rewards and chests before his level. 

So with all the shards I had and the ability to upgrade some armor I went material farming.  Grabbed some relic iron and spirit blooms and upgraded my chest piece to max and upgraded my boots once.  Now I need more shards.  The upgrades got me to just squeek up to level 28 so shit should be slightly easier on me now.  So, mission accomplished today for sure. 

• Like 4

Grats on beating the Vault, bro!

Stat based PvP is inherently unfair anyway, so formal tactics are a wash. We've all got some quality medals, so we must be doing something right.

When teams fight unselfishly, they kick ass.  I got my Mark of the Unbroken medal by being a badass on the turret and because two wonderful dudes decided that it might be a good idea to grab a Pike and and Interceptor and patrol the area around me to make sure that I did not get flanked..  That is how winners win.

When your playing Control and your teammates would rather camp and pad their K/D than capture flags, you lose.   When you are playing Clash and your battle buddy "avenges" you rather than log an assist by helping you score a kill, you lose.

• Like 1

The Bounty gods were kind this morning.  Finished four Vanguard Bounties but waited to turn them all in at the same time.  The algorithm gave me the Exotic Weapon Bounty for the machine gun, Super Good Advice.

Did the first part on Mars (all I have to do is hunt for loot caches?) and now I just have to wait for Xur to show up this weekend.

Tonight will be Crucible heavy for me again.  I am beginning to get a sense of urgency about finally achieving Crucible Rank 3.

Speaking of PvP, laggy game was laggy last night.   Both Rippa and I scored kills that took almost four or five seconds to register.

In the Crucible asswhipping Team Leeroy Jenkins handed out last night, I stuck a Tripmine Grenade on a crouching Bladedancer's head and it exploded right as she vanished.   Got simultaneous I See You / Get It Off medals.  Her PM to me was filled with many many vulgarities.  We will not be asking her to join the clan.

I almost got my first Master Blaster medal in the Clash match we won before I hit the sack.  I got two Fusion Rifle headshot kills and then I heard the magical words HEAVY AMMO AVAILABLE~!, got the ammo, switched to my machine gun via muscle memory..... and then started yelling profanities when I realized what I had done..

• Like 2

After a long day and dominating a four mile run, I'll be on PS4 for the next hour or two.

Grats, man!  Keep up that fitness!   Tonight is judo night for me, so I won't be online until around 6PM or so.

After a long day and dominating a four mile run, I'll be on PS4 for the next hour or two.

Grats, man!  Keep up that fitness!   Tonight is judo night for me, so I won't be online until around 6PM or so.

Yeah, I am training for a half marathon on December, so it's exciting that I can run four miles and not feel like the living dead afterwards now. I have 6 this weekend, so I am running a breast cancer 10k to get that in for the weekend.

I also hit the level 19 mark last night and turned in 3 bounties in the process. I may try to finish the story tonight or at least get further in it (I haven't even started the Venus section yet)

I am procrastinating.  I have one strike and one story mission left on Mars before I finish the narrative with my main toon.

I hope Salvage is available this weekend.   It is the only Crucible arena I do not have a Grimoie card for.  It would be nice to check that block and get some progress towards the Salvage match related achievement.

I am procrastinating.  I have one strike and one story mission left on Mars before I finish the narrative with my main toon.

I hope Salvage is available this weekend.   It is the only Crucible arena I do not have a Grimoie card for.  It would be nice to check that block and get some progress towards the Salvage match related achievement.

Only reason I want Salvage to come back is because there is an achievement specifically for it.

And it is funny - I almost wish I hadn't finished the story since when I had that carrot on the stick I was like MUST GET STRONGER!!!!

Now I am like "eh... I guess I could punch dudes in the face today"

I still have to top off my 20 Melee Kills and 50 Headshots bounties and I also have to put the hurt on 25 of my fellow Hunters, so it will be Destiny PvP for another night..

I have jujutsu practice until 5PM though so depending on how sore I am, I should be getting my murder on around 5PM or 6PM.

I still have to top off my 20 Melee Kills and 50 Headshots bounties and I also have to put the hurt on 25 of my fellow Hunters, so it will be Destiny PvP for another night..

I have jujutsu practice until 5PM though so depending on how sore I am, I should be getting my murder on around 5PM or 6PM.

Word to the wise; do not fuck with J.T. in Destiny OR in real life.

• Like 1