DVDVR Message Board

The Podcast Thread

Partly, sure, always. But that's not my real point here. Seriously, you can't see the difference between mocking celebrities who Put Themselves Out There (and got paid for it) and mocking the fans who are just sitting in the audience (and paid to be there)? It strikes me as being not dissimilar to being one of those people in the crowd at a WWF '96 show when the Godwinns decided they were going to slop the audience. "Hey motherfucker, I came here to see you do that to OTHER WRESTLERS, not to ME!"

Since we were discussing HDTGM, I highly recommend Jason Matzoukas' appearance on the Kevin Pollak Chat Show. It's one of those episodes I've listened to multiple times. It's great and the guy has a crazy backstory.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if youre a die hard Opie & Anthony fan and have ever said to yourself: 

"Man, I love Jim Norton, but I really wish he would spend 90 minute talking seriously about his sex addiction and love of chess," than fucking run out and download his Nerdist interview from last month.

Well, if youre a die hard Opie & Anthony fan and have ever said to yourself:

"Man, I love Jim Norton, but I really wish he would spend 90 minute talking seriously about his sex addiction and love of chess," than fucking run out and download his Nerdist interview from last month.

And that will be my listen while driving during work tomorrow. I adore Norton.

In the latest episode of Hollywood Babble-On, they have a segment called "Shit that should not be" and this week they made fun of the dancer in Magic Mike XXL who couldn't move very much at all. That dancer was Kevin Nash.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few weeks ago I went to that one "How Did This Get Made" sponsor where they send you a mystery box of men's clothing every month and found that the website now redirected you to Macy's website.

So I guess not enough HDTGM listeners felt the need to get mystery boxes of clothing.

I did their free trial thingy, and they sent me three packets of crap that was so stale and hard that it was nearly inedible. And then when I complained about it in an email, they had the balls to 1.still try to get me to sign up, and 2.after I politely told them to go fuck themselves, tried to make me jump through a buncha little hoops to cancel the whole deal. (A final, rather more firmly worded email was enough to end THAT nonsense, thankfully.)

• 3 weeks later...