DVDVR Message Board

The Podcast Thread

I just found out about that podcast yesterday thanks to Twitter. Good to hear from Maronna as he's done pretty well for himself after on-camera life. Danny is...probably quite glad to be in GTA V. God bless him for getting that gig too since he'll be able to milk it for a while - especially since they used his likeness for the character.

Wooooooooooooow...I'm listening to Johnny Knoxville on WTF and they're talking about Ryan Dunn and just hearing Knoxville's tone change like that is really unsettling. Dude went from sounding like the happiest guy on Earth to sounding like Ryan just died an hour ago. Tough to listen to. Makes me dread the moment I lose a close friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Burning through the Proopcasts now that we're seeing him in Brooklyn at the end of the month. The politics stuff can be hit or miss, but everything up to it really is like having a live hour-plus-long comedy album every week. The Edinburgh panda bit literally had me throw my head back and laugh for 30 straight seconds like a fucking maniac on the subway last week.

I just started checking out Fatman on Batman after I think I tried one of Smith's other podcasts and then realized that it was heavily into interviews with the DC Animated guys, not just the comics writers.

I like Fatman on Batman, you can see Kevin Smith's love for comics and his guests are top notch.  I even enjoyed the Stan Lee one

• 2 weeks later...

Live Proopcast was a blast last night- he went 90 minutes and would've been on even longer except the club had to throw everyone out for a dance later on. I especially liked how Proops made a point of walking up and shaking all of our hands as we were waiting on line before the show started. Very cool.

Live Proopcast was a blast last night- he went 90 minutes and would've been on even longer except the club had to throw everyone out for a dance later on. I especially liked how Proops made a point of walking up and shaking all of our hands as we were waiting on line before the show started. Very cool.

Before the show in DC, he came around to everyone's table to say hello and thank people for coming. We were the first or second table and i was in the middle of eating and totally unprepared. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Tell 'Em Steve Dave is on the Smodcast network. It includes Walt & Bryan - Both in AMC's Comic Book Men and Q who is in TruTV's Impracitcal Jokers. They started the pod before they had tv shows, and it's probably my favorite podcast. Some might not get it. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Oh holy hell, the new Nerd Poker is epic.

I must've replayed the failed throw against the wall a dozen times. "I LOVE D&D AND I LOVE MURDERING YOU!"

• 1 month later...