DVDVR Message Board

The Podcast Thread

Two longtime fans giving a newbie-friendly-but-not-exclusively-so rundown of the X-canon, a mix of chronological (not issue by issue) analysis and "special topics" type stuff. For a diehard it's more fun than informative, but they do a good job of getting to the meat of concepts and characters, eexplaining what is and isn't important and why. Even occasional guest host Chris Sins is way less annoying than his own show has been in years.

• Like 1

So Alison Rosen is off Adam Carolla's podcast.  He said she wasn't a "great" sidekick.  She was "good"...but not "great".  I'm sure there's some backstory going on, I think Carolla was kinda dickish in his *ahem* send-off for her.

I personally loved the chemistry between Adam, Bryan and Alison, and I'd love to know what happened, but until then, I'll try and accept the change.  Day one sucked though...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/serial-prosecutor-calls-sarah-koenigs-761886?utm_source=twitter

Adnan Syed's original prosecutor is pissed at Koenig.

He's got a few fair points, but his whole "Well, OK, Jay has been inconsistent time and time again but we're sure the truth is in there somewhere" diatribe seems a bit shady. Yeah, one crappy witness is not enough to send someone to jail forever. And bear in mind, I'm reasonably sure Adnan actually did it.

Also, if Adnan goes free and they put the first Jay/Adnan confrontation on pay-per-view I'm pretty sure it will outdraw Mayweather.

• 2 weeks later...

Two longtime fans giving a newbie-friendly-but-not-exclusively-so rundown of the X-canon, a mix of chronological (not issue by issue) analysis and "special topics" type stuff. For a diehard it's more fun than informative, but they do a good job of getting to the meat of concepts and characters, eexplaining what is and isn't important and why. Even occasional guest host Chris Sins is way less annoying than his own show has been in years.

Thank you for this! I'm about 9 episodes in now and love it.

Hey since Serial hit big and Welcome To Night-Vale is popular, here's another heavily conceptual podcast!

It's called The Worst Idea Of All Time Podcast. Two Kiwi comedians watch Grown-Ups 2 every week and talk about it immediately after they watch it. They're coming up on a solid year of episodes. Episode 52 will be live in Los Angeles.

Hey since Serial hit big and Welcome To Night-Vale is popular, here's another heavily conceptual podcast!

It's called The Worst Idea Of All Time Podcast. Two Kiwi comedians watch Grown-Ups 2 every week and talk about it immediately after they watch it. They're coming up on a solid year of episodes. Episode 52 will be live in Los Angeles.

That is a fucking brilliant idea...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is a fucking brilliant idea...

I am delightfully intrigued.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a movie review/comedy podcast called Sexy Time Theater. We watch erotic thrillers, mostly from the 80s and 90s, in an effort to determine if the movies we saw on late night cable twenty years ago were actually sexy. Hope you check it out and enjoy.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/sexy-time-theater/id963407850

http://sexytimetheater.podbean.com/

We've stuck to more well-known stuff so far, but I can't wait to get to deep pulls like stuff with Tweed and Whirry. The highlight so far was Nancy Allen listening to our episode on Dressed to Kill and politely taking us to task on Twitter for getting trivia wrong.

On one of the old versions of the board I posted a 17 billion word real-time review of this:

MV5_BMTI5_NDYy_OTk3_N15_BMl5_Ban_Bn_Xk_F

It was the most insane movie ever made and you should cover it.  Now, I know you're thinking "Dude, you're missing the premise.  I said erotic thrillers and this clearly stars Dennis Hopper and Jodi Foster and that's not compatible" and if by that you are implying that Dennis Hopper and Jodi Foster don't have tons and tons of sex, sometimes rolling around in donuts? 

You would be mistaken, my friend.  You would be mistaken.

And if you think no film director spent and entire day with an entire film crew on location to get a shot of Dennis Hopper playing the saxophone on a tugboat in a Hawaiian shirt and a Panama hat because that's the way to only way your movie can end?...well:

vlcsnap_2013_09_27_23h39m54s63.png

If the name of that director is "Dennis Hopper" (AKA Alan Smithee in this instance), then this is your world now.

• Like 1

Is anyone else having issues with listening to podcast this morning?  The new episodes that I have ready in my iphone won't go past 10 seconds before freezing.  I also tried to listen to Austin's podcast on the Podcast Ones sight and had the same problem, and my wifi is very strong in my house.

• 1 month later...

Don't know who Alex is, but I love me some Alison Haislip.

Alex did random spots on AOTS and guest hosted once or twice (amongst other stuff he did for Tech TV, etc...)

Though I get the feeling you are only aware of Alison, Sara, Candace and Olivia