DVDVR Message Board

Jeff Jarret RESIGNS from TNA

EN090

Mr Russo, did you learn anything from watching older territories or even weekly ECW?

"Bro, listen, I love Paul E., bro.  He's a New Yorker just like me, he's got that New York don't give a F attitude, you know what I'm saying.  But the ECW, bro, listen, I'm going to be completely honest with you, it was cool for what it was but it was nothing like what I was writing during the Attitude Era, bro.  Paul was way too concerned with writing for the internet wrestling fans and trying to get five stars from the so-called internet wrestling journalists like Dave Meltzer and Wade Keller.  He'd bring in these guys from Japan and Mexico and bro, let me tell you as an American I don't give a you know what about seeing these guys who can't talk American.  Back when I was a kid and would go to the Garden, the world's most famous arena, Madison Square Garden, bro, in New York City and it was the WWWF and I would see my favorite Bruno Sammartino, the Living Legend, bro.  Bruno was so over back then and you know why?  Because he was an American and he had a great head of hair, bro.  Listen, nobody wants to cheer somebody with no hair.  Back when I wrote for the WWE during the Attitude Era, I created Stone Cold Steve Austin.  Before me and I love Steve, bro, but before me he was just this bland guy with no hair but the stuff I was writing for him made Vince McMahon a billionaire, bro.  Then when I went to the WCW and Hulk Hogan that bald-headed SOB, I love him now but back then he was such an SOB, I would tell him, "Terry, you've got no hair, you'll never make it in the professional wrestling business" and he would look at me like I had three heads, bro.  Then when I went to TNA, Chris Daniels, I love him to death but this guy would wrestle for the internet.  He wanted to have five star matches and I would tell him, "Bro, you're bald." and then I took away his first name and he just got so pissy about it.  And Samoa Joe, bro, I love him but he's got no abs.  He would walk around saying "Joe is going to kill you" and bro, you can't kill anybody without abs.  I mean The Rock is Samoan and he had abs and Rocky is a beautiful man and I say that as a straight man and bro, you know I am because I pushed Chyna.  So I told Joe to take some time off and grow some abs and I had him kidnapped by a van full of ninjas, white ninjas because I'm an American and I want to see Americans on my TV, bro.  And he would keep asking "How am I coming back?" and I told him don't worry about it, bro and when I brought him back, he had a big knife and a big black penis painted on his face cause and all the white guys out there know this, nothing is scarier than a big black penis, bro.  And let me tell you, bro, the internet, oh my god, the internet complained and complained about that.  This guy, Brian...uh, Dave Meltzer's stooge, what's his name, Bryan Melendez?  This guy wrote a book and I haven't read it, The Death Of The WCW but people have told me that he blames me for killing the WCW but bro, I wasn't even there.  I had a, what's it called, abi..abilie...eyewitnesses that place me nowhere near the scene of the crime, bro.  And you know I have no reason to lie to you but bro, I can't even read.  People like the internet wrestling fans criticize me all the time for that, but I'm a writer not a booker.  If god wanted me to be able to read books, I would've been born in Bookland not Brooklyn."

No wonder Ben gets an amazing 1.43 likes for every post.

• Like 1

If memory serves, he was booking the whole show as part of a committee. Then, when Russo came in, he was shunted over to booking the women, which not coincidentally became the best part of the shows as he booked around Awesome Kong as the monster heel. 

If memory serves, he was booking the whole show as part of a committee. Then, when Russo came in, he was shunted over to booking the women, which not coincidentally became the best part of the shows as he booked around Awesome Kong as the monster heel.

D'Amore was the agent for the matches. Dutch Mantell was the main guy booking the women. He was also the one who brought in Awesome Kong.

Can we just give Ben a thread where he can ramble as Russo?

Also, I think the fact that all of our discussion about JJ's new promotion takes place in a TNA thread speaks volumes about the amount of fucks any of us give.

About TNA or JJMMA?

• 2 weeks later...

D'Amore was the agent for the matches. Dutch Mantell was the main guy booking the women. He was also the one who brought in Awesome Kong.

Thanks. I thought D'Amore was the guy booking the women. I really, really enjoyed that division. That might be the only reason that I ever made sure to tune into a TNA show. 

And there you go:

JARRETTS UNVEIL NEW WRESTLING PROMOTION: JOIN THE FORCE!

RVZlYAQ.jpg

NASHVILLE -- After weeks of speculation and unprecedented internet buzz surrounding the hashtag #ItsComing ... IT IS HERE!

Legendary performer and third-generation promoter Jeff Jarrett and his wife, Karen, are set to unveil Global Force Wrestling (GlobalForceWrestling.com), which promises to be the most fan-interactive and immersive wrestling experience in history.

"Because of new media, new technology and more ‘in-tune' fans than we've ever had, wrestling is poised for another boom like it experienced in the mid-1980s and late 1990s," Jeff Jarrett said. "What we're going to deliver is a multi-platform, innovative brand that will engage fans in ways they've never experienced. It will provide a fresh perspective inside the business that fans have been clamoring for."

Jarrett, the founder of TNA wrestling and a 12-time world champion who wrestled in WWE, WCW and numerous international promotions, and his wife, Karen, have been laying the foundation for GFW since January 2014.

"Jeff was born into this business," Karen Jarrett said. "It's his life's passion. He saw a unique opportunity to fill a need in professional wrestling, and he has tirelessly devoted himself physically, mentally and emotionally to doing just that."

Videos of the Jarretts previewing the new promotion attached to the hashtag #ItsComing have garnered more than a million views. Meanwhile, Jeff and Karen have been searching the United States and the international ranks in search of undiscovered talent. The response has been overwhelming, with more than 400 performers from across the globe already in the evolving GFW talent database.

"The reality is we want to build a brand in which fans are watching our wrestlers evolve from day one and are truly invested in the lives of our talent in and out of the ring," Jarrett said.

Global Force Wrestling expects to make several more key announcements in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.