DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/4 - 3/10/2024 - Crack is Wack!

It's going to take awhile to get used to logos all over the mat in wrestling like it is in MMA. I know occasionally we've had corner sponsorships in WCW & AEW. And WWE had the Cruiserweight logo in the corners for a bit there. But big obnoxious unavoidable logos for products right in the center is jarring. I know it's not worth the breath to complain about because there's nothing that can be done about it. It's been the UFC standard for awhile and it's going to be a standard for WWE going forward too. I do find it less obnoxious than Cinnamon Toast Crunch logos and mascots all over the video screen when there was a hate filled father vs son blow off match happening tho.

I liked the end promo a lot. Heel Rock has really added some life to everything going on. Think it's pretty clear Rock & Reigns win night 1. Then a miscommunication spot between Rock & Roman leads to Cody's win. Setting up those two working, either at Summer Slam or Mania next year. In a way tho that will be a disservice to Cody who should win the big one all on his own.

If they go "Bloodline Rules" I can see the main event essentially becoming the final battle of Avengers Endgame. Which I'm kind of down for.

Seth's face during the "crossdresser" line was gold. I was more confused by the line than anything. Clown emoji? Sure I get it. But he wears suits. Just really garish suits. I don't recall many dresses. Roman came off more like a Biff Tannen "That's as funny as a screen door on a battle ship" kinda guy here.

I think Rock really crushed it with the "mistake" line and showing his work. Like your sister was a success. Your brother is a hall of famer. What did they need you for? Great job of saying something gross while making Cody even more relatable.

However!

My 9 year old said "Cody is definitely winning now." after Rock said that Rhodes will never be able to challenge for the title again. Sometimes you can raise the stakes too high.

• Like 2

We’re totally getting Rock eating a Stone Cold Stunner and then overselling it at WM.

The one thing that gives me pause is someone floated that Seth is secretly working against Cody and he’s in Roman’s pocket. I dismissed that at first, but man, it’s sure starting to feel that way. Only thing is that it would make Seth vs Drew heel vs heel unless Drew gets more people cheering for him and he re-signs. As much as I dislike Seth and this gimmick, him turning on Cody would be fucking lame. It’s better just to keep this as simple as possible.

BTW, Seth’s gimmick would work way better if and Becky actually got invited to the Met Gala Ball. His outfit last night looked like Lil Dicky’s from the gala episode.

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

We’re totally getting Rock eating a Stone Cold Stunner and then overselling it at WM.

The one thing that gives me pause is someone floated that Seth is secretly working against Cody and he’s in Roman’s pocket. I dismissed that at first, but man, it’s sure starting to feel that way. Only thing is that it would make Seth vs Drew heel vs heel unless Drew gets more people cheering for him and he re-signs. As much as I dislike Seth and this gimmick, him turning on Cody would be fucking lame. It’s better just to keep this as simple as possible.

Seth could always turn on Cody during the inevitable dog and pony show of the main event. Though I question how effective that would be if Cody still wins.

The simplest way to Seth going heel is a combo of him being weakened/injured from the tag match leading to him losing his title to Drew, and then the reveal that Rock was secretly working from the inside all along; that leads straight to the inevitable “Cody, why didn’t you tell me / I had to keep things a secret / I lost everything thanks to you” heel turn and post-WM feud for those two.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaedmc said:

My 9 year old said "Cody is definitely winning now." after Rock said that Rhodes will never be able to challenge for the title again. Sometimes you can raise the stakes too high.

I agree it almost seems inevitable now, but the last time Cody had that stip he still lost so you never know

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

I was looking for the perfect one of those (and there are many of them) but couldn't find the one I was looking for; however I did find one of Scott Hall taking it that looks like the one I wanted except Rocky's arms were way high up. 

stone cold wrestling GIF by WWE

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I was looking for the perfect one of those (and there are many of them) but couldn't find the one I was looking for; however I did find one of Scott Hall taking it that looks like the one I wanted except Rocky's arms were way high up. 

stone cold wrestling GIF by WWE

I think it was on Botchamania where someone had this video turned into Hall just continuing to rise up and drift into outer space. I was still smoking at that point and remember laughing for a solid few minutes at it. 

• Haha 1

WWE makeup artists aren’t doing Bagley any favors these days. Caught the sitdown from this week’s Smackdown and was kinda perplexed by the garish makeup job (weird hair seems to be a staple on the women’s roster these days).  And she’s apparently a new babyface, I guess?  Is their some backstory  story there or is it just a debatable creative decision?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Villanova Grad said:

WWE makeup artists aren’t doing Bagley any favors these days. Caught the sitdown from this week’s Smackdown and was kinda perplexed by the garish makeup job (weird hair seems to be a staple on the women’s roster these days).  And she’s apparently a new babyface, I guess?  Is their some backstory  story there or is it just a debatable creative decision?

They had been building to Dakota and the three Japanese women pushing her out of Damage CTRL since last summer, and she was slowly catching on. She won the Rumble planning to face Rhea so the crew could hold all the women's gold at once, but heard them talking shit behind her back not knowing she could understand enough Japanese to get it. So she changed her plans to challenging Iyo, they jumped her, and the face turn was official. Dakota pretended to be on her side for a while, then sold her out in a tag match against Asuka and Kairi, Dakota's return after being out since late spring or early summer (she tore her ACL in the same match Liv Morgan got hurt)