DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 1/24 - 1/30/2024 - Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, Scissor Gang

On 1/28/2024 at 7:44 AM, For Great Justice said:

I want to give that crowd a shout out. Especially for being directly against the Rumble, they were loud and awesome. That’s how it’s done, Savanah 

Savanah was Dynamite. Show some respect to Bossier City, Idaho!

Seriously, though, this was more enjoyable than the Rumble. May/Frost was the surprise of the night, although I usually come away from Lady Frost matches thinking she should be doing more. The stuff that was supposed to deliver delivered, and I appreciate that Collision ran an AJ/NOAH midcard tag as a main last week, followed by a ridiculous(ly fun) attitude style clusterfuck this week. Variety is the spice of life.

• Like 2

After finally catching up on the weekend stuff (and now TNA mind you) I just wanted to quickly get this in before the thread closes for tomorrow's new one.  Rampage was breezy fun but holy fuck that might be one of my favorite Collisions ever.  Top to bottom I was really enjoying each match and in the case of the Danielson/Nagata and the main got really fucking into it.  So when Garcia left to cap a really well done trios cage match I was pumping my fist and loudly cheering.  Hot damn was all that great.  Also, Deeb was super smooth and I'm a big fan of her so for the love of everything can we please get a belt on her ASAP?  Thanks.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Also, Deeb was super smooth and I'm a big fan of her so for the love of everything can we please get a belt on her ASAP?  Thanks.

I agree with the sentiment, but I also really like both Julia and Toni's acts and don't particularly want to see either lose their title.

Clearly AEW needs more belts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am down for Lady Frost to do more of anything. Uh... I'll just leave it at that. 

Wait they were in frickin' Idaho?! Where did I get Louisiana from, because I thought that's where they were (thus the Mid South reference)?

• Like 3

I thought that's where they were as well.  I do think if Deeb's gonna get a belt then it'd would be the TBS for starters.  But Julia's great so if/when this happens I'd like it to be a few months down the line.

28 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I am down for Lady Frost to do more of anything. Uh... I'll just leave it at that. 

Wait they were in frickin' Idaho?! Where did I get Louisiana from, because I thought that's where they were (thus the Mid South reference)?

They were in Bossier City, Lousiana. I can see the mix up, though. Bossier and Boise are pretty damn similar names.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2024 at 6:16 AM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Silly question - does the Continental title 'include' the ROH title lineage? Wondering if there would be some kind of record in play here of longest time between title reigns should Danielson win it (I had a false memory of Claudio having held the title under the old regime but I must be thinking of when he lost to Morishima or something, it's Monday morning and I'm not alive/alert/awake) - the only other semi-recent example I could think of is where Bret beat the Miz for the US title for a hot second, making it something like 12 or 13 years between then and when he beat DDP on Thunder

no its a sperate belt

Both old japanese men where fun if their execution was a bit clunky

5 hours ago, Log said:

Dax mistakenly said Idaho and then corrected himself to Louisiana in the promo where he challenged HOB for the cage match.

You'd think he notice a temperature difference between the two.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1