DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK TWO

Dolfan in NYC

52 minutes ago, JLowe said:

They are definitely looking to slow the game down too, by which I mean the opposite of what it sounds like where Nebraska is trying to stay on the ground and keep the clock running.

If Nebraska slows the game down any more God will have to hit the fast forward button to 3 times the speed.  I mean I expect Colorado to be better on defense but against this garbage Nebraska offense they look NFL caliber

• Like 1

Man, I flipped it to ESPN's scores literally just in time to see the score change for a Charleston Southern pick-six. 

I'm not cheering for anyone this season.  I'm just cheering for the asteroid to wreck the planet on the night of the championship game so both teams playing get fucked.

• Like 1

What a tale of two weeks for Colorado. Week 1: TCU plays zero defense but (almost) runs all over them on offense. Week 2: Nebraska plays really strong defense but they legit would’ve had a better chance to win the game if their offense took a knee every play.  Lots of weaknesses exposed but neither opponent competent enough in both phases of the game to beat them.

You definitely have to revise expectations upward for the Buffs, regardless. They’ll be 3-0 after Colorado State next week, and they look like at least 50-50 bet vs. Arizona State, Stanford, Arizona, and Washington State. So potentially a 6-7 win bowl team. Which is way above preseason expectations.

Obviously, we’re REALLY gonna know what’s up for them in weeks 4 and 5 @Oregon and home vs. USC.

There's not a whole lot to learn from Michigan so far, but at least they are sharp and not looking distracted by the Harbaugh thing.

Not having ESPN access to watch Texas/Bama at work tonight is annoying.

20 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Gonna have to jack to price of gas up some more.  $77 million fully guaranteed coaches contracts don’t buy themselves out. 

Man, the Jimbo era at Texas A&M is gonna be a hell of a story someday.

More proof that 2020 should be all but ignored for most schools.

Really, as poor as Bama’s offense played, the difference right now is really just that moonshot TD pass. So still anybody’s game, even if Texas has to be feeling better right now.

Something to watch is Texas won TOP basically 20:00 to 10:00. Could be a factor in wearing down Bama’s meat merchants if that trend continues into the 2nd half.