DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

13 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Neon is great. I went there as part of Walter's quests because Stroud-Eklund is headquartered there and I ended up with like 6 quests just from walking around and people talking adding to the activities list. Also if you're into shipbuilding, Neon is your jam for the parts selection.

The main reason I am going to Neon is to get a proper sword.  You cannot effectively Block a rifle butt bash with a Combat Knife.  I have also been eyeing this UC Naval Cutlass that Denis has for sale at his shop in Cydonia..

Shipbuilding will be a bonus.  Crimson Fleet and House Va'ruun ships are pounding the crap out of the Frontier and I find myself running from space combat more than I am fighting.  This needs to change.

I find it amusing that Bethesda chooses to annoy the weeaboo players out there by making the best melee weapon in the game a Unique House Va'ruun Painblade rather than a katana.

Oh and if you are doing a Ronin build and want to stay thematic (ie. melee over guns), don't even bother with Boxing until Unarmed melee damage is patched to scale better.  Invest in Martial Arts (which improves Unarmed and Melee Weapon damage) and Gymnastics (COMBAT SLIDE~!).  Work your way to Tier 2 Physical by putting your points into Wellness, Fitness, and Stealth. 

Weight Lifting has some decent perks but you can always find gear or use consumables to boost your carrying capacity.

Edited by J.T.

Here's the best attempt of the Normandy SR1 that I have seen so far.

They had the good taste to make it a Class B that can go planetside, but the cockpit is not in the same place as the OG Normandy from ME1 and there are no atmo rudder on the tail.  I suppose you can only get so many things right in Ship Builder.

This build of the MCRN Donnager from The Expanse is pretty dead on, though.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I can see how the Borg Cube would work as a Class C.  A cement block is as aerodynamically sound as a bullet in the void of space and you would never fly the Borg Cube through an atmosphere and land on a planet anyway.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

After watching a couple of things on all the free ships in the game - I am at the point where it might be quicker for me to get one of the other two easy ones that I would come across as opposed to go out of my way to go get the Mantis

And, funnily enough, I have a new ship

God Bless the Kid Stuff perk

The Wonderwell is a fucking boat but it has more cargo hull space so that is all I care about

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Weight Lifting has some decent perks but you can always find gear or use consumables to boost your carrying capacity.

Unless you are talking specifically about your weird Ronin build - Weight Lifting is far better than relying on gear or consumables (especially if you don't want to fucking micro manage timers)

7 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Wait, when was this supposed to have happened?  The Liberty Prime activation? Because that's, uh, correct usage.

I've never activated Liberty Prime. I'm mainly thinking of the synths who go around saying "All systems nominal". Drives me crazy.

Oh, forgot this last night. Perhaps a helpful hint for the Ranger mission I did last night with all the robots in the mine.

I didnt notice this until I was scavenging after finishing the mission, but there was a terminal on the ground level that may have been a place I could have de-activated the robots and turrets. But no way I'd have noticed it while I was running for my life from them. 

I was so loaded good with goodies that l think my weight was over 200/140. I was blowing up quicker than Jim Hellwig running to the ring. 

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Unless you are talking specifically about your weird Ronin build - Weight Lifting is far better than relying on gear or consumables (especially if you don't want to fucking micro manage timers)

Do you know how many UC Battle Rations I carry on me at all times?

18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Do you know how many UC Battle Rations I carry on me at all times?

I could tell you how many MREs the Army Assault Kitchen could hold in 2008. 🙂

(Well, I could tell JT on Army Teams but not here.)

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Which you wouldn't need to carry if you just invested in Weight Lifting

Fair enough, but so far my system works and that's all that matters.  That skill point went to where I wanted it to go instead of Weight Lifting.

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am mid Sarah's mission and I think I need to leave and come back because I am churning through ammo and I am realizing I don't really have the right weapon

I'm really good with melee weapons and have DR when I am armed with a close quarter weapon thanks to Dueling and the Wanted trait.  I'm also a Ronin so I have Scavenger a a base skill and pretty much get bonus ammo every time I loot a container.

I don't need the right weapon.  I am the right weapon.

Edited by J.T.

Building a Borg Cube in this game seems really dumb unless you're just doing it to do it. All enemy ships ONLY target center mass so you would be getting hit from all over. I'm hoping that gets patched and enemy ships wind up being a little craftier with where they're firing. I am still tempted to try and build the hollow square ship though just to see missiles and gunfire never hit me.

And speaking of Neon, I spent all of my playtime on Neon yesterday. There's so much interconnected shit on Neon that it makes completing multiple quests at one time pretty easy. Neon has also had the most "Bethesda" types of quests where it's shit like handing out fliers for someone's store so they can get more business and not fall back into debt again, debt that the daughter of the man the debt is owed to winds up paying because she really likes the store owner.

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

And speaking of Neon, I spent all of my playtime on Neon yesterday. There's so much interconnected shit on Neon that it makes completing multiple quests at one time pretty easy. Neon has also had the most "Bethesda" types of quests where it's shit like handing out fliers for someone's store so they can get more business and not fall back into debt again, debt that the daughter of the man the debt is owed to winds up paying because she really likes the store owner.

Sounds like this Neon Street Rat needs to pay a visit to his old stomping grounds.  And cut people in half with a katana.

Just now, J.T. said:

Sounds like this Neon Street Rat needs to pay a visit to his old stomping grounds.  And cut people in half with a katana.

There's a lot of that too if you want to go down that path. Neon also has an all day and night club that's like something out of John Wick or Collateral. Not as big, but shit can go down there and a dude with a katana wouldn't be out of place.

21 hours ago, Raziel said:

1) Laser ammo works better on Robots and turrets. 

This would explain why the Legendary Modded Disassembler Equinox I gifted to Sara is tearing the shit out of enemy robots.

I am glad I gave it to her because I am decent with Ballistics and Melee, but I suck with Lasers.

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, Contentious C said:

...which is a correct usage.  "According to plan; satisfactory".

What? Nominal means "in name", usually with the implication of "in name only". "All systems nominal" would mean "We're calling them systems, but they're not really".