DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Was anyone asking for survival mode? I don't want to have to eat and drink and be weighed down by ammo. 

Just give us the DLC already. 😉

Yes. A lot of people were. And it’s not a “mode” per se, it’s just individual options for like 15 different game mechanics.

I’ve got like 20 hours into the game so I’m good on the DLC right now, but holy shit when they add vehicles it’ll make planet exploration much easier and way better.

Also thank god for the 60fps option.

Edited by Casey

The individual options is a legit good move, though it's honestly sad seeing how many people are already in "never touching this again" mode. It has some issues but I still genuinely enjoyed like 90% of my time with it. I just want exploration to be better and base building to actually have a purpose.

Frankly DLC or not, everything now for me is just a waiting room for the creation kit so the modders can just do what they always do.

So odd that the worst part of this game are the space battles. I sided with the Crimson Fleet against UC SysDef and boy, that was a mistake. I’ve been trying this for an hour - and my ship combat is turning down to easy. I’ve FTL jumped, repaired my ship, went and upgraded it too… nope, nothing.

I was having a great time with this game until this. I know if you side with SysDef you just have to face the Fleet, so either way, the ending of this quest fucking sucks.

I made the mistake of attacking the UC during the mission when you flee from the Hunter and once I got into space, I was constantly attacked by UC ships and eventually just went back and redid the mission just running and not shooting at anyone. 

If it was possible to avoid ship combat in this one I would, but no matter what faction you side with the end result is always a dogfight in space (you & whatever faction versus 8-10 ships from the other faction). I think the SysDef one even has a thing where depending on how much evidence you turn in results in more/less backup.

I’m just going to skip it for now and go do other things. Not like my quest load is light or anything. I thought about blasting through the main story just to get a NG+ going but I’m too far in now.