DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER '23

Dolfan in NYC

Saudi club Al-Hilal has made an absolutely ridiculous transfer offer to PSG for Mbappe. 

1 year/€1 billion

300 to PSG for the transfer

700 to Mbappe

He'd be able to go to Real Madrid next summer.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Saudi club Al-Hilal has made an absolutely ridiculous transfer offer to PSG for Mbappe. 

1 year/€1 billion

300 to PSG for the transfer

700 to Mbappe

He'd be able to go to Real Madrid next summer.

Must be nice to have a nation and continental league that doesn't have FFP yet (or probably won't, ever).

I'm sure Benzema is going to be a-OK with MBappe getting 700M Euros more than him for a one year rental.  

4 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

RIP Trevor Francis, Britain's first million pound player and someone who I spotted in the crowd at the first WWF house show I went to, in April 1991.

And another Wednesday/Forest legend Chris Bart-Williams passes away the same day. RIP.

G5kw4j4.png

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Messi with two more goald so far, as Inter Miami lead Atl United 4-0.

I'll take this as a positive sign that this Messi thing is working out alright.

10 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Paul Mullin gets absolutely cleared out by the Man United goalie (would have been a clear red in league play) , and was down for a while. Hopefully it's not too serious, but while he was up and about, he was taking oxygen.

Update: Mullin got a punctured lung from the challenge and Parkinson is not happy about that one.

Lost in the hubbub: Wrexham 3-1 United.

According to my calculations and a (hopefully) meticulously compiled .txt file, Brentford's win against Champions Man City makes them the True Champions of English Football.

Unless I've cocked this up somewhere and I'm very wrong, which is possible, although the few times I did mess up, and had to do things again I'm pretty sure I got the exact same sequence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So in a few weeks, Brentford will be the Lineal Premier Champion when the season starts, while the Community Shield winner will be the King of Premier League (Provisional) champion

Yes, I stole the King of Pro Wrestling thing from NJPW 🙂

• Like 1

This is different from the Interim Lineal Premier Champion which were activated on the Charity/Community Shields following the Belt Holder's Relegation from the league, which happened on two seperate occasions; although both have since been unified with the True and Correct Belt.

Yes, we are making this needlessly complicated.

By the way if anyone wants the master .txt I've got for this and the interim belts then give me a shout. I'm currently exploring ways to put it all into a spreadsheet or database or something to make it easier to sort and calculate trivia/stats and stuff like that.

EDIT: I've got the main belt into a spreadsheet, ignoring the interim stuff for the moment.

Edited by DangerMark