DVDVR Message Board

UFC 285: Jones vs. Gane (03/04/2023) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

That was what I hoping for from Alexa Grasso when I first saw her in Invicta several years back. The striking was never in question. It was can she put together everything else. For her to beat Valentina Shevchenko by submission is freaking absurd.

• Like 1

Realised that the two longest UFC Women's Championship reigns: UFC Flyweight Champion Valentina Shevchenko and UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Amanda Nunes both ended by rear naked chokes, Alexa Grasso on Shevchenko and Julianna Pena to Nunes. Both big upsets as well.

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If it happens in July, I don't like Stipe's chances. 

I don't like his chances regardless to be honest.  I had questions about Jones because he'd been gone so long but he's just on a different level.

• Like 3

Just now, glfpunk said:

I don't like his chances regardless to be honest.  I had questions about Jones because he'd been gone so long but he's just on a different level.

WELCOME BACK!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If it happens in July, I don't like Stipe's chances. 

Shit, June, july august or any other month. Love the dude, but goddamn this is a hard fight.

Just now, jaedmc said:

Shit, June, july august or any other month. Love the dude, but goddamn this is a hard fight.

Hate to look past Stipe, but here is my pipe dream: This is gonna end like the Ali and Frazier heavyweight title controversy where they had a tournament for Ali's titles once he was stripped of his titles and Frazier ended up fighting and beating the eventual winner, Jimmy Ellis. Once Ali came back and had an adequate tuneup against Jerry Quarry, we got the Fight of the Century versus Joe Frazier to prove who the legit heavyweight champion was. 

The end game has to be Jon Jones vs. Francis Ngannou. There is going to be too much money to turn down for any party.