DVDVR Message Board

2023 Puroresu General Discussion

RIPPA

NJPW info

February when is people may leave NJPW. However some people have mutiple years on their contracts. Some even are on freelance contracts if that make sense.

Shingo could do Double Title match if he wants to.  

I don't use VOW, because it should be obvious by now they're into making fake news and slander. 

Dave Meltzer is alright for western wrestling stuff, but his Japanese Wrestling news is usually wrong. 

Unit changes these past few years for NJPW and AJPW

NJPW 

United Empire and BC's sub unit HOT were introduced. Disbanded one long running unit last year, Suzuki-Gun. Then this year, TDMK was introduced as new unit and the 4 guys too. Have to see if Suzuki's new thing with Ren and Despy becomes more than just alliance.

AJPW 

Brought back Voodoo murders. Introduced GOA. Turned Nextream into a tag, and turned Evolution into tag with associate member.  These last fews years we saw Purple Haze disbanded, Yoshitatsu Kingdom became booking agency, Total Eclipse disbanded.

Same with Suzuki NJPW thing above, have to see if later if his new AJPW grouping becomes a unit.

Edited by Red King
  • Like 1

Minoru Suzuki, Naruki Doi, and Hokuto Omori would be a pretty boss unit, but it would have the typical AJPW unit problem of being majority outsiders. Those stables are always inconsistently booked and rapidly fall apart.

TAJIRI is already the Kyushu Pro champion. Also, he was raised elsewhere he is originally from Kumamoto in Kyushu. The majority of the signed Kyushu Pro guys are from various prefectures in Kyushu.

He made his debut with them back in May and took part in the Glocal Tag League.

Seems Yoshitatsu and Onita vs Nosawa and Kashin for the Asia tags could be the Electric current Bombing match. Nosawa could retire with the All Asia tags. The Asia tags belts would be abolished

I dunno what's going on with Voodoo Murders but looks like they're breaking up or Suwama is leaving. Which would put Suwama in the AJP army if he leaves. Or maybe it's 5d chess and they're all faking it.

I don't regularly follow GLEAT but here are some stuff that happened on their latest show listed below:

G-REX Champion Kaito Ishida has his own new unit known  as BGI..its long name is Black Generation International, the unit inlcudes Hartley Jackson, Gringo Loco, Flamita, Kotaro Suzuki and Yutani.

Unagi came to the ring after the fourth match. She will face Yukari Hosokawa.

There will be a 6 Man Tag Tournament to determine the best Unit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red King said:

I don't regularly follow GLEAT but here are some stuff that happened on their latest show listed below:

G-REX Champion Kaito Ishida has his own new unit known  as BGI..its long name is Black Generation International, the unit inlcudes Hartley Jackson, Gringo Loco, Flamita, Kotaro Suzuki and Yutani.

Unagi came to the ring after the fourth match. She will face Yukari Hosokawa.

There will be a 6 Man Tag Tournament to determine the best Unit

Gringo Loco is in GLEAT now? Amazing, that's a way to get me to tune in.

• Like 1