DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 14

Dolfan in NYC

BCS Standingz~

1. bama-sucks-11-3-12-570x317.jpeg (.9881)

2. fsu-helmet.jpg (.9697)

3.Brutus-Buckeye+Ohio+State+Football.jpg (.9200)

4.auburn.jpg (.8236)

5. MU-Football-player-crying.png (.8077)

So this is it.  Ohio State vs Michigan,  FSU vs Florida, and in the one game that might actually be competitive,  Alabama vs Auburn

I can't see OSU having much problem with Michigan, but Michigan State could be a tough one. There's no reason FSU shouldn't bowl right over Florida and I guess, Duke? Alabama has the hardest path. I hope all three lose the next two games and then the Badgers can slide right into the National Title picture! On this alternate universe I live in.

Apparently, more possible evidence (phone records, I presume) is being looked for, so nothing will come down regarding the Jameis Winston case for another two weeks--by which time, the conference championships will have been played, the last BCS votes will have been tallied, and the Heisman ballots will have been mailed back.  How convenient.

If they're not going to prosecute the guy, just say so now and spare us the needless drama.

Well, yeah, the backup played well when Kelly was out a few games earlier in the year, but none of those games were in the sort of raucous hostile environment he's going to be facing in Jordan-Hare on Saturday. That place is going to shake to pieces.

Apparently, more possible evidence (phone records, I presume) is being looked for, so nothing will come down regarding the Jameis Winston case for another two weeks--by which time, the conference championships will have been played, the last BCS votes will have been tallied, and the Heisman ballots will have been mailed back.  How convenient.

If they're not going to prosecute the guy, just say so now and spare us the needless drama.

Look at you, reading into things and drawing conclusions that aren't there.  It's just a coincidence that they announced they'd have a decision last week but "stuff" has come up that delays it till after the ACC title game.  You and your conspiracy theories.

Well, yeah, the backup played well when Kelly was out a few games earlier in the year, but none of those games were in the sort of raucous hostile environment he's going to be facing in Jordan-Hare on Saturday. That place is going to shake to pieces.

Just thinking about the environment in JHS on Saturday gives me goosebumps! I am going to be there hoping for the best possible outcome. The first Iron Bowl I ever attended was ten years ago and this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX-sUrMLkuY

Look at you, reading into things and drawing conclusions that aren't there.  It's just a coincidence that they announced they'd have a decision last week but "stuff" has come up that delays it till after the ACC title game.  You and your conspiracy theories.

You've read my work in the Kennedy thread.  You know how I roll. :)

Bo's halftime interview reminds me of the Peoria Pirates coach who asked if their loss in the IFL final was hard to take. "No, I enjoyed it immensely. Seriously, what kind of question is that???"

Probably not. Mizzou is almost 2 full tenths of a point behind Ohio State right now. That's probably too much to overcome in two weeks. If South Carolina goes out strong with a win over Clemson tomorrow, that will help a lot. But I don't see it.

I think you'll be hearing word of Bo Pelini's canning soon. Ended the regular season on a bad loss to Iowa and sounded like a man who knew he was making his last stand in the post-game presser.

"If they want to fire me, go ahead" said no coach who kept his job, ever.

Pelini is toast.  6 straight 4-loss seasons, the profane tirade against Nebraska fans that came out earlier this year, the horrible loss to Iowa at home...yeah, he's done.