DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 1/28/22

Technico Support

I must've missed that bit completely. 

5 hours ago, eikerir said:

Andrade’s English seems to be getting much better, he sounded a lot more confident and fluid in that backstage segment with Darby. 

This is a big part of it. If he slows down and keeps it simple, he can do more with a single line than anybody. The extensive talk is what the second is for. 

Besides that, since we know he can seriously go, howcome none of us have drooled over the potential of Andrade/Danielson? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

More than likely slowly going up the pecking order of women on the roster. But they’ll need to start looking for challengers from outside the company if they want her to get 50. I wonder if that’s why they are experimenting with Megan Bayne to set up an obstacle for her in the future.

I liked how they used the Cody TNT open challenge to bring in "other" talents.  It worked and really made the title unique in not only AEW but in wrestling.  

• Like 3

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I must've missed that bit completely. 

This is a big part of it. If he slows down and keeps it simple, he can do more with a single line than anybody. The extensive talk is what the second is for. 

Why not just let him cut pre-tapes in Spanish and have them subbed? 

As someone that doesn't watch the YouTube shows, Julia showed more to me than I've seen before but Cagematch says she's wrestled 29 matches so it makes sense.

I didn't expect them to have a banger because that wasn't the point of the match compared to the Jade/Anna match. I think Jade is getting better at working with space but some of the transitions are still rough. But another work in progress. 

Another person that doesn't work the spacing right is Lee Johnson, it works character wise because he's a Nightmare Family underling. Brock understands space pretty good but his dad was a pretty darn good wrestler so it makes sense, ya know.

Slim Mox is going to take some getting used to but he's still looking good in the ring. Caster made me chuckle and Bowens did his thing in the ring. Caster playing to the crowd was weird like Bowens was the face or something. 

I enjoyed this hour of solid wrestling more than all the garbage spots on Dynamite, great opener, great tag match. Julia is young and green but she seems to get it. Main event was a bit to spotty for my tastes but had some fun spots. 

Only thing I don't like on these shows is how I feel like I can go down the card and just pick the winners. Still waiting for Bowens to get a singles win and it feels weird that PP are number 1 ranked contenders but I can't recall seeing them get a win unless you count some bug mulitmatch

• Like 2

It's still too silly for my liking but I've definitely turned the corner and his command of English is improving every week or at least his confidence and delivery on TV. I really want everything to click for this guy.

On 1/29/2022 at 11:56 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Besides that, since we know he can seriously go, howcome none of us have drooled over the potential of Andrade/Danielson? 

The more I think about it, this is brilliant booking even if it does stem from/veer into the common sense range. It seems like God himself is saving this for a rainy day. I've never heard anyone pitch these two tangling (granted I'm not always here, or always there, tbh). If anyone mentioned it as an obvious pairing in AEW, it completely flew over my head.

The prospect of their characters matching up or clashing has as much potential if not more than their in-ring may have. They could be a heel tag team, a can-they-get-along scenario, a heel on heel exhibition, an AmDrag face/Andrade heel feud, a friends-forever tag team, or what I'd love to see in the end, a violent, psychotic old man Danielson against a finally face, Humble old Andrade, provided that they live long healthy lives. 

That's some fight forever shit right there~

• Like 2