DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Bro-tal Kombat - 12/6/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Well, Liv certainly wasn't going to win her first shot, but it definitely felt like she belonged. 

Good on her and Becky for a fun match.  

Also, I can't wait for a whole week of "Omos is splitting away because AJ is going to AEW" takes.  

Owens/Big E could have been on a PPV. Aside from Rollins' fuckery it was a great match.

Dewdrop/Bianca was also good. Even though it made sense for the angles, I don't think there needed to be two countouts on one episode.

That was probably the best match I've seen Liv Morgan have. I'm always a fan of matches where it looks like the challenger whom you know has no chance of winning starts to get a lot of hope spots in the finishing stretch to where you actually think they might have a chance.

That finish for the Doudrop/Belair match was hilarious.  "Well, I guess that's enough wrestling for one match."  The Becky Lynch/Liv Morgan match was a good traveling champion match.

• Haha 1

I love that the WWE hyped the main and it was definitely one of Liv's best matches although she's been pretty good for a while now. So crazy to think of her being diet Carmella back in NXT. Both of them have really come a long way. 

I will probably regret asking, but is there a reason Alvarez is dressed as an orca?  

I’m hoping this leads to Dave dressing as a crab and singing tunes from The Little Mermaid.

i enjoy listening to Alvarez and Meltzer discuss Raw more than the show itself.  Alvarez mostly seems to despise WWE and Dave just seems too weary to care.  Granted, that may make Dave the ideal WWE fan in 2021.  

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 1:37 AM, Dog said:

You'd think he'd know then that despite the popular name, orcas are dolphins, not whales. ?

I really need to get my marine biology straight, I always thought Dolphins were part of the family of Whales. They are only part of the infra order. I feel like a fool. 

I remember Becky being planned as the Wrestler to build Smackdown's Women's Division around a few years ago and she was amazing at it h helping gals get over despite having a weird half assed push. I can see her doing well as a "non traveling traveling champ".