DVDVR Message Board

Let's Talk Next-Gen

Tabe

It's also not as big of a deal as it was before it launched anyway as most reviews of the game say it didn't quite live up to the hype. 

Wait what? Which reviews were these? Certainly not any I read.

Metacritic has it at an 86 - good but not insanely great - while the user ratings there peg it at just 6.2:

Metacritic page for Titanfall

I agree that Titanfall probably will be on Playstation for the sequel. That is what EA does, afterall. But my point was muhammed said it was already announced and that wasn't true.

And I stand corrected on that I remember hearing something it and thought it was saying it was not a highly likely.

Side effect of that is Microsoft working on ways to release the CPU cycles required by the Kinect to make the overall system faster

• 1 month later...

So, it's been a month and I think my post-divorce present to myself will be either a PS4 or a Xbone. It's so hard to decide between the two, but I'm leaning more towards the PS4. I think one thing that system has going in its favor, for me anyway, is that three of my friends has a PS4, while a 4th only has a Xbone. Seems like the PS4 performs better too and I really like what the PlayStation TV is going to enable.

Well, I'm only going to be able to get one game right now. Just not sure which. It's down to The Show (which would be funny since I bought a PS3 to play The Show), UFC, Fifa (haven't played Fifa in YEARS) or something else I'm missing.

I guess that will be the game I get. I just feel like I've been playing the Show for so long now and I really wanted to play something different to flex the muscles of the new system. I also just wanted to play something different. I haven't played a soccer game in forever, but I thought Fifa sounded interesting. Maybe I will just stick with the Show.

Well, I'm only going to be able to get one game right now. Just not sure which. It's down to The Show (which would be funny since I bought a PS3 to play The Show), UFC, Fifa (haven't played Fifa in YEARS) or something else I'm missing.

Hopefully you "bought" Resogun while it was free so you can download that too.

Yes, PS+ carries across Systems.  Right now, only PS4 Freebies are Pixlejunk Shooter and Trine 2.  And a bit of a discount on Madden and FIFA.

Use http://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com to "buy" the games as you can stick it there and it'll go to your Download List, which won't do anything until you put it in the Queue.

Nice. Hell, I may as well not even buy Fifa in the store. I also see that the Show will be on sale for $48 at Target on Sunday, so I may hold off on getting that until then.

• 3 weeks later...

Dammit! I wish I waited to get a PS4. Dell has this insane deal that, if you've been waiting to get a PS4, makes it look like a good time to jump on board:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A7791686&ACD=11708984-7105480-skim33330X911644X1c49f9c0222763c9aae10f715d42845a&AID=7105480

• PS4
  • 3 Month Plus Subscription
  • Infamous Second Son OR MLB The Show 14
  • $100 Gift Card

All for $450. Wow.

I told myself that I was going to get a PS4 to celebrate my promotion but, well, that happened the last week of May and I still don't have it.

I might just go ahead and pre-order the Destiny bundle because, hey, why not?