DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact 11-7-13 - IMPACT #500

Great stuff with Roode and Angle. Glad to see the Mafia over even if it was done in a really clunky manner. So so so sad to see the Aces go since it felt like they had somewhere to go with them ending and having Taz as the mouthpiece for Knux and Garett instead of WOOHOO SWERVE. The tourney was a complete clusterfuck with all the random brawls, and they didn't really do much to set up a time table for it until the very end of the show with Angle-Aries being announced for next week. I guess they'll have the finals at Turning Point. Sabin-Hardy was a video game match, but at least had a spectacular finish.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/11/tna-impact-11-7-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/vb7h3of2hdw32x1hw9m6vdi2sibouxkq

• Like 2

I watched most of the last stretch and was surprised to see a company that's supposedly for sale and looking for buyers, still feature a trashcan shot to the head and a thrown chair to the face in their main event.  In light of all the concussion talk, it seemed, at best unnecessary; at worst, pretty goddamn irresponsible.

I find it fascinating that Taz is still able to garner such a massive crowd reaction for a guy who hasn't wrestled in years and had his voice crack (twice!) in his big tough-guy moment with Bubba Ray.  The swerve was pretty silly, though I'll admit I didn't see it coming as I thought they two guys were still in the ring and thought two other random A&8s guys had come down.

I can't believe I came in somewhere in the 2nd hour and only missed...one match?

Also, why is Dewey Barnes on my TV when Colin Delaney is out there?!

Not much match-wise to this show though the main event was ok and the finish ruled but loved the promo segments tonight. Thought the opening was real solid with some good promos from the Mafia guys and the Angle/Roode stuff was awesome, great brawls. Would love to see Angle/Roode be the tournament final instead of anything involving Magnus who I assumed would win. They did a good job making the other guys seem like potential winners at least. And the Pacman spot ruled, great pop for that even if the hype of a "former world champ" was meaningless.  Liked the aces & Eights segment, didn't see the swerve coming as I thought they were definitely ending the group. Taz ruled and I like the idea of him being more of an actual manager to Knux & Garett if they went that route. Hoping Aries/Angle is good next week, been wanting to see that match for a while now. I'd forgotten about the Tournament of Champions ppv before this show too.

The EC3/Dewey match was great. I thought for a split moment Sting was going to come out and we would end up getting a Mulkeymaina moment with Dewey getting the upset win. i mean I figured that's what Sting was yammering about when he said people weren't paying their dues. I'm all for Grumpy Old Man Sting to return.

I liked the Aces & Eights swerve. I can honestly say TNA pulled a fast one on me. It was a forgone conclusion that they were done since Uncle Eric isn't at the shows anymore and he was the only one who kept them around to begin with. Taz stepping up to Bully Ray was great. You have to love Taz. The guy is a fat crippled oompa loompa, but he still manages to get people to be like "oh shit...Taz is gonna fuck him up" based on his persona that hasn't been seen in 15 years. So I guess the Aces & Eights live to see another week or two. Good for them.

The problem with the whole Anderson beatdown thing was that it was all predicated on Aces & Eights knowing Anderson would come down to ringside to watch. I mean I know that happens all the time but it is still stupid.

And I am assuming by "great stuff with Roode and Angle" - that was everything but the punches. God Bless

I am a little confused but are we supposed to like Dewey Barnes because for a guy that is supposed to be fodder for the next star he is getting a ton of offense in and much more personality. Or is the joke that EC3 really isn't that good in the ring and just there because of his last name.

I watched most of the last stretch and was surprised to see a company that's supposedly for sale and looking for buyers, still feature a trashcan shot to the head and a thrown chair to the face in their main event.  In light of all the concussion talk, it seemed, at best unnecessary; at worst, pretty goddamn irresponsible.

I find it fascinating that Taz is still able to garner such a massive crowd reaction for a guy who hasn't wrestled in years and had his voice crack (twice!) in his big tough-guy moment with Bubba Ray.  The swerve was pretty silly, though I'll admit I didn't see it coming as I thought they two guys were still in the ring and thought two other random A&8s guys had come down.

I can't believe I came in somewhere in the 2nd hour and only missed...one match?

Also, why is Dewey Barnes on my TV when Colin Delaney is out there?!

Because Dewey already worked for them.

The EC3/Dewey match was great. I thought for a split moment Sting was going to come out and we would end up getting a Mulkeymaina moment with Dewey getting the upset win. i mean I figured that's what Sting was yammering about when he said people weren't paying their dues. I'm all for Grumpy Old Man Sting to return.

It just dawned on me today that EC3 is Derrick Bateman.  I liked him in NXT, I thought WWE missed out on a  pretty good talent.