Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2020 NBA PLAYOFFS: OCTOFINALS


Dolfan in NYC
 Share

Recommended Posts

58 three point attempts. When will they learn?  Law of averages says you are not going to hit them all. They hit 8 in a row to start the second half. So what do they do? They keep shooting and shooting and shooting....  missing...  and then of course they were trying to flop on some of those attempts as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I turned off the game when the Rockets were up 14 or 15. I turn back and they're down by 4 with 3 minutes left in regulation. 🤨

Harden ain't too tired to knock over some Purell.

 

Blue Lives Matter and now a COVID denier? *The Natural* Fuck James Harden. */The Natural*

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

58 three point attempts. When will they learn?  Law of averages says you are not going to hit them all. They hit 8 in a row to start the second half. So what do they do? They keep shooting and shooting and shooting....  missing...  and then of course they were trying to flop on some of those attempts as well. 

Can their wings even put the ball on the floor and drive when left wide open in the corner? Especially, as Kenny Smith pointed out, with not a lot of time left on the shot clock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Can their wings even put the ball on the floor and drive when left wide open in the corner? Especially, as Kenny Smith pointed out, with not a lot of time left on the shot clock.

Eric Gordon can but it seems they don't want that from him.  This was a game where they missed Westbrook.  When they went ice cold from 3 he could have attacked the basket and stopped the bleeding.  

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Eric Gordon can but it seems they don't want that from him.  This was a game where they missed Westbrook.  When they went ice cold from 3 he could have attacked the basket and stopped the bleeding.  

He had been attacking the basket previously in the series. Strange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Houston falls in the first round, even with the Westbrook injury as a reasonable explanation, I think that's is for D'Antoni. They pointedly didn't extend him last summer, setting up the very strange situation of having a head coach actually in his final year on his contract. It can be a clean split.

Harden doing too much all year and running out of gas is an annual issue, but he's been so adamantly against load management...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Also

 

How dare you insinuate The Clippers are somehow better than my Mavs good sir. 😂 

Especially after the other day when you made a bold statement (that I wouldn’t have even posted) about how if the refs were better my team would have swept LA. Personally I think we should be up 3-1 (Game 1 being the game we got robbed for sure), but hey I’m happy with a 2-2 split now. 

What chance in % are you giving your guys to beat the Lakers in the next round (if they survive this series)? Honestly I’d rather have had Denver up 3-1 on Utah instead of what that is as I think Dallas would have a much easier time against Denver. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, _MJ_ said:

Porzingis is out again. Very bad break for the Mavericks.

I wonder about Porzingis long term health going forward.

I think there’s a better chance of Samoa Joe getting to be WWE champion than there is of Kristaps ever surviving a full season/playoffs. Which breaks my heart as the Mavs chances of winning a title without him are basically slim an none (unless Seth somehow turns into Steph Curry 2.0).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Giannis Antetokounmpo loves his own jokes so much

Normally I'd spoiler tag it due to size, but naw. I'm good.

There is no defense in this Jazz/Nuggets series and I love it. It's going to take Utah some time to adjust to the Clippers if LA survives because Utah can absolutely play defense. Part of me still wants to see the all LA West final but the Jazz are great and the team I like the most in the West. 

If the Clips get dumped in the first round, do they explore a PG13 trade? His value would be in the toilet, but he's been an absolute invisible man so far and the free agent market this off season is ugly.

Edited by Jiji
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ohtani's jacket said:

Looks like Giannis is going to be MVP + DPOY. That ought to send some folks into a meltdown. 

Stealing someone else's joke but...

Giannis winning the Defense award is bullshit.  Rudy Gobert should have gotten it.  He shut down the entire league.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Stealing someone else's joke but...

Giannis winning the Defense award is bullshit.  Rudy Gobert should have gotten it.  He shut down the entire league.

I don't know how much stock you put into them but both defensive win shares and defensive ratings were Giannis' and it wasn't really close.

Edited by Jiji
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...